1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv] Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

It's there. Community does a lot of bang-bang jokes, quick little asides and throwaway gags (For instance in the Pilot, the "cause you're a 5 year old" exchange between Mchale and Oliver was just crammed full of zingers). Whether they work or not is personal opinion so your mileage is going to vary.

I didn't actually care for this most recent episode. The experiment storyline really live up to its potential (I was expecting something sharper/funnier), and the "A" storyline was kinda meh.

Honestly the funniest bit (and consistently the funniest part) was the tag at the end with Aspergers and Varsity Jacket.

So it was kind of a dud imo. But it happens to everybody. Parks & Rec was disappointing for it's first season and has been gangbusters in the second. I still think Community has a lot of potential and I'm going to keep watching.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Senor Chang FTW!

There should be more interaction between Troy and Senor Chang.

Abed is kind of annoying, I want to like him but he isn't funny on his own.

Not enough Chevy this past episode though. I still like it, it's consistent so far.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

another crap episode, I am now officially giving up on it. I just don't find any of the characters likable, they just irritate me too much. Especially Chevy Chase and the pakistani guy or whatever he is

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I like this show over The Office, parks and recreation is meh. This one is a winner to me :D

5. aghast

aghast Member

Why hello...

I don't know why Brie's playing an 18-year-old on Community. She, uh, grew better with age. But, um, yeah, after that video, I no longer care.

Oski, did you know your belurved also has a supporting role on Mad Men? (I wonder why the Mad Men thread didn't last? That show is epic.) She plays Vincent Kartheiser's wife. It's a far different, meatier role.

6. aghast

aghast Member

^^^
    Youtube is such a wonderful invention. [Neither video is work-appropriate. 1 = blasphemy. 2 = Fox News.]

Merry Christmas, to one & all. Forget the rest of the skit, I don't think I've seen anything so inappropriately hot since Marilyn Monroe sang to JFK:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5cdzc3YdFI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5cdzc3YdFI&hl=en&fs=1&start=93" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Also, Oski: giraffe impressions. Giraffes! Imagine the possibilities:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lWwnbdk4DVY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lWwnbdk4DVY&hl=en&fs=1&start=163" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    On topic, Community shows definite potential. The "American 8 = British 10" line/scene is gold.

7. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I'm really starting to warm up to this show.

Too bad Senor Chang was absent from this week's episode.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I really like this show. They also just got picked up by NBC for the full season.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I will probably end up watching some episodes just because it is on before Parks and the Office, but I am definitely not gonna watch regularly anymore. I think it's pretty boring.

10. PointForward

PointForward Member

this is a great great show, I really like it. Jeff is money, his arrogance and superiority feeling make this show. Britta is smoking hot, Troy is really dumb to a point where it's hilarious, and Shirley is pretty much awesome.

instant classic:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EcD_Y838DXA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EcD_Y838DXA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

the goat's mustache is Cameron Diaz, LMAO!

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this isn't the office quality yet, but i definitely look forward to new episodes.

many great character lines to expand on

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

"That's a falcon with a gun. Now that's a falcon with an erection."

13. PointForward

PointForward Member

this had me rolling. so subtle but so funny!

some of you guys are ridiculous. You trash this show and pretty much every single movie/TV show being discussed, most of you guys even trashed "Entourage" for god's sake! The majority of this board seems to be comprised of the toughest most anti-social critics on the interwebz, nothing is ever good enough. I've learned to never take this board's evaluation of movies/TV shows seriously because it seems like a contest to find who "hates" the TV show/movie more! it's becoming the new "eww Megan Fox, would not hit!"

14. bladeage

I don't think Britta is hot at all. I mean I guess she is kinda hot in a "gettable" kinda way. Her face is just weird. I think Annie is way hotter!

Annie:
    [​IMG]
    Britta:
    [​IMG]

15. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I was agreeing with you until you used "Entourage" as an example of a show everyone should like. Wow, really? All of the shows out there and you use the one that is the biggest example of douchebaggery out there?

16. PointForward

PointForward Member

lol you picked the most awful picture of her!

here's a good one, though I'm not gonna embed it because it's too large:
    http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2008_Gardens_of_the_Night/2008_gardens_of_the_night_001.jpg

I LOVE her

Annie isn't bad at all, but her role in the show makes her not so hot. Britta on the other hand is yummmmmmmmm

17. bladeage

Actually of all the pictures that came up on the first page when I google'd, that was the best. She looks like a skeleton in the other ones.

Your pic doesn't work, it takes you to a "thief.gif"

18. sew

sew Member

I definitely prefer Annie over Britta.

Britta is decent, if she spent a little more time in the sun, she'd be a lot hotter.

19. PointForward

PointForward Member

lol that's definitely a link fail on my part, my bad :D

here's a video where she looks just gorgeous:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXYDHPbjw5M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXYDHPbjw5M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

20. bladeage

meh, i think its the eye makeup that makes her look better. still, eye makeup and all, Annie is hotter hands down. for my taste atleast.