1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV Censoship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vj23k, Dec 24, 2000.

1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I was watching MTV last nighr(VH1 had a re-run behind the music) and they were playing an eminem video(Stan or something)

They censored out words and phrases such as "drive my car over a bridge", "tie her up", "Suffocate", and "Shut Up".

If you ask me that is taking it too far. Shut Up? C'Mon most of our teachers say that.

Are those words severe enough to be put in the same category as F*** or S***

I dont think so.

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

they're starting to edit out whole parts of songs nowadays. They'll have it like the first few times they play it and then boom it's gone. CENSORSHIP HAS GONE TOO FAR!

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Its time to end TV censorship. I'm so sick of seeing an episode of ER, and hearing a doctor say "gosh darnit" when they cut the wrong artery. What about late night TV? Why do they censor that? Are they worried that some small child will watch the show and pick up bad ideas? Look, if the kid is staying up til 1:30 to watch a late night program, he's already screwed up. Why bother "protecting" children from vulgarities anyway? They're just going to learn them on the street.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited December 24, 2000).]

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

That's so true. You hear people on the streets and in school speaking it so you pick up. And oh yeah VJ, the topic's spelled wrong. It's "Censorship" not "Censoship" [​IMG] Just wanted to let you know.

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Censorship is bullsh**t. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Thanks Rocks R Us, I was in a hurry. Day before Christmas and we had to make a run to Wal-Mart.

Anyway, I think they should keep censoring some of the sights shown on tv, but end censoring words out. Most kids have heard all the words that are censored out by 2nd-4th grade.