1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Big Brother

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candycane, Aug 10, 2009.

1. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

Anyone else watching this season of Big Brother? I sure hope Jeff uses the wizard power to take down Russell and put up Jessie.

2. Francis 4 ever

didn't even know it was still on tv. :confused:

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I watched part of the first season of that show and I just didn't get it. What exactly do they do?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They sit around in a house then vote someone out at the end of the week. Thats pretty much it

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i think that's what everyone watching it is hoping. i hope he takes them both down and puts up jessie and natalie.

what i'm wondering is that there's no real animosity in the house other than russell - chima/michelle and natalie - lydia. jeff and jordan only really hated ronnie and the other side doesn't really seem to not like them (chima even said that she liked them), so that lends a little mystery to what he will do, even though he'll for sure take down russell.

natalie needs to go. i love her strategy of "i'm really 24, but i'm going to tell them i'm 18...ha!" like that makes some huge difference.

6. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

An actor in my next show went to school with Ronnie. Jeff will use it - Jessie will go home.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Another example of something terrible the dutch unleashed onto this world :(
    I had no idea it was still popular in any country.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Haven't been watching but my girl watches The Soup and I've caught 2 clips of either crazy bi**es watchin people sleep and dumb ditsy girls that can't count or tell time, tells ya a lot bout this batch of winners! :p

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Insert proverbial “my wife makes me watch this show” disclaimer…

I actually like this show. It’s a pretty interesting social experiment. Put a bunch of people in a house and watch how they scheme against one another until there is only one left.

I was so glad to see that putz Ronnie go. How did you like his little display while walking out the door? “AAAAAAAAND SCENE!!!!” Really, what the hell was that?? :confused:

I hate the karate girl too. She really has no strategy. All she does is ride Jessie’s coattail the whole time. She needs to go. I also love that Shima thinks she’s in charge this week but it just so happens that this is the most meaningless week to be HOH for the whole season because of Jeff’s power.

At the beginning of the season, when they said they were bringing someone back from another season, I was PRAYING TO THE LORD ABOVE that it would be Jen. She was annoying as hell, but MAN…..seeing her in that red body suit………

[​IMG]

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As long as Chima's in there, she'll manufacture the animosity all by herself -- pretty sure she can't live without it. :) My guess is that she's such a spoiled, whiny brat that she'll make Jeff an enemy for life after he uses the power.

It's going to be absolutely hilarious to see America send Jessie home two years in a row. What a prick.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm guessing you've never seen it. There is a competition every week which determines the head of household. That person nominates 2 people for eviction.

Another competition is held which gives one person the power of veto. That person has the choice to use it or not and save one person. If the person with the power of veto was originally nominated for eviction, of course he/she will simply use it and save themselves from eviction. If someone is taken off the block, the head of household has to nominate another person for eviction. They cannot nominate the person that won the power of veto or the person that was just saved of course.

Then the voting comes into play. Everyone except the head of household votes between the nominees. The person with the most votes is evicted.

When the house has been cut down to 2 people is when the show basically ends. Everyone that has been evicted votes on who should win. If I'm not mistaken, first place gets 500k and second place gets 50k. How you treated people in the house (backstabbing, etc) and alliances usually determines who wins.

I started watching this show just a couple of seasons back and it's pretty cool.

12. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

I think it all depends on who is put up this week. I want Jessie to win the whole thing, but I don't think Jeff will use it if Russell and Lydia are put up, and neither of them win POV, heading into eviction night.
    Chima, already said she doesnt think that Jeff or Jordan are after her so she wouldn't put them up, but we will see..

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i think you may be an episode behind.

14. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

The house has been pretty boring this year. Hopefully, Jeff will use it and spice things up a bit by putting up Jessie and Natalie. We'll see on Thursday.

Also, if you want spoilers, a good site is www.onlinebigbrother.com

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Anyone remember Brittany from the first season?

yeah.

She was a total b****.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Jesus, you guys are STILL running this show?

It got old here about 8 years ago.

Only to finally get the axe in 2007....6 years after people
    stopped caring.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It got old here about 8 years ago as well.

But we are America so whatever we watch is better than what you watch, and then even when something you watch is better than what we watch, we steal that and make it American.

18. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

Hahahahah omg you are right! I totally forgot I missed last night, I will go watch it now lol. My bad.

19. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

This is my first time watching it and I'm hooked. It also gives me something to look forward to during the week. But I think once Chima, Natalie, and Jessie are gone I'll stop watching. I don't care who wins after that.

I hate to say this, but Chima really has no purpose in life.

20. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Jeff is amost certainly going to use the coup to get Jessie out. This Thursday could be epic either way since Russell says he has a big speech planned aimed mostly at Chima, and Chima said if the wizard power as they are calling it gets used she will make a scene on the live show. Could be interesting and I think Chima has shown the ability to make a scene considering she called Braden a bigot before the first live eviction and implied anyone who voted for him to stay was as well. She is a piece of work, cannot stand her. I am also glad the rat Ronnie is gone.