1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The only problem I had with this episode was 30 zombies dropping through 30 individual holes in the ceiling that only happened to give way after the new guy brings down some wine shelves in an implausible way. Really? The roof was THAT weak to open so many different holes but it hadn't collapsed to that point? Had the walkers not stepped in those spots before (and then 30 of them all happen to suddenly step in the right spots)? Did they step harder because they heard noise? One big hole that the zombies started pouring through would've been more believable.

Other than that, it was an OK episode and hopefully it set up the rest of the season well.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is it just me or does this show suck? I enjoy this type of show, but I think Walking Dead is pretty bad.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Agree, it seems writers fabricate dangerous situations to fill a zombie quota. The helicopter looks like a CH-47 Chinook, wich at 33,000 pounds and falling out of the sky would have gone thru that roof. I guess Breaking Bad spoiled us into thinking all AMC shows are well written.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Also, Hershel's a freaking veterinarian. Why didn't they have him look at the damned pig? Don't just stand there wondering what's wrong, get the freakin' vet!

1 person likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought the premiere was dumb. There wasn't any direction to the episode at all. It seemed like everyone is off doing their own plotline.

A lot of useless scenes, too. Like killing the walkers at the gate and the discussion of the hordes getting bigger. From the previews, it does look like the chain-link fence will get overrun, but put those scenes in that episode. Not this one, where it served no purpose.

What was the purpose of the supply run, other than to have some zombie action that was fabricated from a ridiculous setup? And who is this new zombie fodder and why do we care about them? Is some random villager just going to get bitten by ninja zombies every episode?

Was Maggie possibly being pregnant addressed early in this episode or in last season? I forgot if it was last season, and if it was mentioned early, I must've missed it because Glenn looking at the baby studio photos and their talk at the end seemed out of place.

And why did Harry Potter just keel over and die? Early in the morning, he's creaming his pants when he touches Daryl, he's balling with Carl, then he heads into storytime for the little kids and starts to feel sick. And all of a sudden, he's dead. Here comes another ninja zombie attack.

This show just lacks logic and direction, and it makes for a pretty crappy show when the source material is already good.

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Is the new black guy the new Andrea? "Let me help. I can do this... Oh let me do something that causes bad things to happen and then redeem myself later on but not really."

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This made me LOL

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The premiere definitely wasn't anything special but maybe some of the seemingly useless tangents were laying foundations for future episodes. If not, the episode was pretty worthless.

They now have an abundance of fresh bodies just waiting to eaten by zombies.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Also, I laughed when the zombies kept falling through the roof. The way-over-the-top silliness of that scene was funny.

10. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I was looking forward to that Zack kid and Daryl's relationship then they killed him off lol. Also what was the scene with Carl and story time about? Is he mad that Carol is teaching the children about knives? Because wasn't he always so adamant about learning how to use weapons when he was younger?

11. Raven

Raven Member

I miss Shane. I don't think the show has ever recovered from losing that character or that actor, and I think the show is weaker with a small village. It's like the zombie version of Lost.

Spoilers!

The actress who played the crazy woman was very good, so naturally she had to die. What do the producers have against good actors?

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Just guessing that Zack and his Ebola virus thing is a way to kill off most of the people and force them to go on the run again... pity I kind of liked the prison town story angle.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Prior to this episode I kept wanting Carl dead.

Now I want him tortured and then dead.

14. Raven

Raven Member

And what made him more repulsive than usual?

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why do I keep watching this show? It's not very good, yet I can't stop.

16. FaBo

FaBo Member

One thing I never understood about The Walking Dead: How was the entire US law enforcement and military overwhelmed by the zombies?
    I mean, judging by what I have seen in this show, those zombies don't seem to be too dangerous unless you let them get too close. Ten trained soldiers should be able to put up with hundreds of zombies.
    Was that explained earlier in the show (I watched only a few episodes from season 1 and missed all of season 2)?

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

Because the idea of a zombie Apocalypse actually happening in real life is very very intriguing..

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

to build up to the fact that it can be overrun. If this scene was moved to just that episode, then the typical anti-Walking Dead person in this forum would be saying "how come this never happened in any other episode? How come they didn't have a problem with them crowding the fence before"

They've established the need for supply runs in all of the last three previous seasons. Heck, the only reason Rick is even with this group is because Glen and others were on a supply run.

I was thinking it may have something to do with why the deer in the woods and the pig were also sick. Could be an outbreak of something about to take place

19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I'm not sure why supply run is a question at all. Supplies are not plants that they can grown, of course things are going to run out.

Andrew Lincoln (Rick) mentioned in one of the interview that they are going to introduce a new kind of danger. Danger even more scarier (debatable) than the walkers. So this virus or whatever appears to be it. I guess the scary part is that the time between first sign of symptom (which they didn't show here) and death is short; assuming it happened on the same day. I wonder if shaking hands with Daryl has something to do with passing the germ.

Zack was there just to show that Beth is now desensitize from death and from anyone trying to get close to her. Since now she is a permanent cast member, they need to "develop" her character.

I think Carl is mad at Carol because he was sneaking in to listen to stories (fairy tales or at least fiction). I believe that was his way to escape from reality. But Carol's reality check shattered his dream, that is why he was mad. He wants to be tough, but he is still a kid inside.

I was expecting more from this season premier. I give it a weak 7. Didn't care about Rick story line with the wondering lady. I thought Rick is already beyond that emotionally. I hope this is not a recurring theme in later episodes.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I thought Rick's subplot was a waste of time, it's the same thing they've done with his character plenty of times before. I guess the whole thing was set up to that Rick's back from crazy town where he lived most of last season.