1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Numerous black characters on the show now
    Daryl gets them all in a car and drives into a horde on zombies

1 person likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Episode was a bit disappointment but the Talking Dead is the worst one ever...

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Pretty horrible episode. Basically went back to the style of the previous few seasons after starting this year stronger that ever.

Almost unwatchable, I couldn't sit through the whole thing. Everyone on this show is too god damn stupid.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I knew Tyrese would survive but don't freaking surround him with zombies that could rip him apart but for some reason choose not to. I honestly thought for a second they were going to introduce a new twist where some humans can walk amongst zombies with immunity.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

my recording cut off at the last couple seconds. Did butch chick cop to burning the sick when she was talking to rick?

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

yes..

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Nice going Daryl. Get's Zack killed and now drives his car into a zombie mosh pit. I hope we get an explanation as to why all the zombies are gathering on that road.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

That felt like the longest episode of tv ever.

9. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

S4E1 was good, S4E2 was bad, and S4E3 was pretty good, I liked it. But really now, how the HECK did Tyrese escape that horde that was surrounding him at every angle.....and with one eye? The hell?

10. Convictedstupid

I liked how when they were driving there was a bunch of brown dead leaves on the ground, but the trees were really green.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Pretty lame episode this week.

Tyreese going angry black man on Rick was pretty stupid. Their quarantine procedures were crap and the sickness seems to be contagious but very selective. Carl is useless. Daryl drives worse than an Asian woman. How could he not see the hoard of zombies ahead of him, and why would he let them swarm the car?

I wish the writers would put more thought into the details. It always feels like things happen because the writers want it to, but without any reason or evolution.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why even bring along the cowardly guy if all he can do is panic and shoot? And I hope they get to the reasoning behind Carol's actions. They had already "quarantined" the people showing symptoms, and began the isolation of those who might have exposed themselves to the sickness. If she had burned them before all they made countermeasures then it would make a lot more sense because now it it's like she just cherry picked those 2 from all of those that were sick. (IIRC from that episode so maybe not)

13. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

In the comics, there was a scene where Tyreese was swamped by a group of zombies (I think it was supposed to be somewhere around 20+ of them). He was in rage because
    his daughter just died.
    . It took place in a room instead of out in the field. Readers assumed he would be dead, but he made it out alive by killing every single one of them with his trusty hammer. Yes, he is a bad @ss.

I think Kirkman or the new show runner wanted to portrait that image on screen. I don't think it was effective. In the comic, they waited for another episode before showing him making out alive, and it was like "wow, can't believe he made it!" On screen, I didn't feel there was any suspense because you knew he had to come back to Shasha and he has to find out who killed Karen & David.

How did Daryl get Zack killed? I thought it was established back in season 2 that zombies flocks together, so I don't think there was any special reason why they were on that road.

I disagree. If you don't have much to live for, then found someone to love, and that person was brutally murdered, wouldn't you be angry? I think his pent up anger had just finally spilled over.

Are you talking about the guy sitting next to Tyreese? He is supposed to be a medic, so they need his expertise when looking for medicine.

Carol killed them because she was afraid Karen & David would spread the virus to others. She saw how quickly it can kill (Patrick died in one day), so she didn't want anyone else to be infected. This was BEFORE everyone became sick. Not justifying her action, just stating how it was played out.

======

I have a feeling they are going to kill off Carol. I don't see how she and Tyreese can co-exists, Tyreese will find out it was Carol.

14. Raven

Raven Member

I know, and he didn't even have a Katana.

:rolleyes:

15. Raven

Raven Member

Am I the only one who guessed

that Carol did it? It had to be an established character, and the writers wanted it to be a shock, and they went out of their way to show that Carol was sneaking behind Rick's back and keeping secrets.

I thought the episode was OK, not as good as the previous two, very similar to season two.

16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I thought it was Tyresse sister.

My girl teared up when Glenn got sick, I hope he dies.

This show sucks ass cant wait till Game of Throne to be back.

17. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

This show has fallen flat, watching it has become a chore! I could give 3 ****s about any character and I hope they all die off by the end of this season so this incredibly stupid Zombie fad can finally disappear until it is one the big screen........ 28 mths later!!!:eek:

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's funny, I dont even like this show that much. The characters make stupid decisions. They lack common sense. Theres very little character development. I do not care for any of these characters at all except Hershel and Maggie;). I want them all to die slow and painful deaths, especially Carl, but yet, I still keep tuning in every week.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The idea that there is no character development is just false. You may not like the way characters HAVE developed, and that's fine, but there is certainly development. Rick, Daryl, Carol, Carl, Hershel and Glen have all changed dramatically.

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

You're right there has been character development with all the characters. I guess I just dont like them lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you've had a taste of fillet mignon (breaking bad) which has great story telling and character development, why would you go back to some cheap hamburger meat (Walking Dead)?