1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TURNOVERS - Mythbusting and TO Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kinein, Nov 11, 2012.

1. kinein

kinein Member

Attempted thread derail - DENIED!

The thread title: TURNOVERS - Mythbusting and TO Tracker

The topic - Turnovers as it relates to Jeremy Lin

The reason why - this post was made due to uninformed commentary by posters whom were not paying attention to actual performance.They were parroting what they had heard or read somewhere. Which was far from the truth.

This post clarifies the difference between the assassination that has been attempted on one of our Rocket players. By utiilizing facts and reality.

If this thread was to discuss APG. The title would have been more vague or specifically addressed that topic. As far as I can tell most veterans and fans understand that Harden and Jeremy Lin are both facilitators that make their teammates better. With the amount of touches Harden is getting - it is completely understandable that JLin's assists would go down in proportion to the amount of assists that Harden gained.

It is also another reason why the Rockets are such an awesome threat. Similar to how Wade Lebron and Bosh all can facilitate at times - we have a perfect storm that makes it impossible for any team to fully shut down either player - so long as they work together and help each other out as a team.

But I will attempt to understand the purpose of your post.

1. You are mistaken and did not bother to read the thread title - nor are you familiar with the ongoing "Jeremy - TURNOVER PROBLEM" theme that has ridden a lot of threads on these forums and around the league. Due to the nature of the bias/or other reasons - whether they be pure dislike that he has class, be it race, be it his religion. Utilizing actual data that can't be misunderstood and using multiple different examples. We highlight that Jeremy Lin is NOT a turnover machine - that this is NOT a weakness. That he has made progress and IMPROVED and grown as a player.

2. You are intentionally attempting to derail the thread. You read the title, you read the post - and you ignored the fact that I specifically did my best to only talk about turnovers in this thread.

3. You are intentionally trolling me for your own enjoyment.

4. You just hate Jeremy Lin.

5. You are trying to start a debate where there is none to be found.

Although - if you would like to start your own thread discussing assists. I'd be happy to discuss how great it is to have James Harden and how we have a dual facilitator threat along with other Rockets whom have shown the ability to also dish and move the ball to the best shot. I could gush about assists and ball movement all day from some of the more recent games that have shown improvement as our team gets through its 2nd training camp stage with James Harden as our main facilitator.

Thanks for commenting and I hope I clarified this thread so you understand that it really is specifically about Turnovers - and Jeremy Lin.

[​IMG]

Since I am still waiting for the game I decided I would take your post seriously with a bucket of salt so that you would take the time to review the thread topic - then review what you posted and understand the complete disconnect from reality. Please post hot sexy babe pix and troll images to warn readers that your just teasing! :D

Without much further ado.

[​IMG]

2. kinein

kinein Member

3. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Wait doesn't that mean Lin's turnovers should be lower also because he is getting less touches?
    :confused:

4. kinein

kinein Member

Lol. K assists for Lin will drop because Harden facilitates passes that turn into scores. We are doing a good job of passing more as team and moving the ball.

If the offense ran entirely through lin and he was the one making sure teammates open were getting the ball to shoot = increased assists.

Harden is not just a scorer - when people and harden say - he makes teammates better, he doesn't always shoot or drives, he will fake or drive and dish - for a teammate swish. This is why people cant double team lin like last year. cuz harden will get the ball and kick that offense into another gear as well. just like they cant swarm harden cuz lins there to facilitate or score.

5. kinein

kinein Member

let me fix that word - cross out touches and change it to - facilitating scores.

I used the wrong wording :)

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My post was about the correlation between TO/AST ratio and how much a guy has to handle the ball for his team. You simply fooled people into believing that guys like Nash, Rondo, Kidd, CP3 make far more turnovers and that therefore Lin is better in ball security and makes less turnovers in critical situations. You kindly leave out that these guys produce way more assists for their team mates and therefore it's just natural that they average more TOs. This is just misleading and doesn't help anyhow because Lin still has a higher TO/AST ratio than these guys, which means on average you still have more turnovers in relation and possessions opposed to an elite ballhandler. If he would handle the ball exclusively the numbers would presumably increase again.

That's what I was criticizing, your thread is misleading and doesn't really help because it completely leaves out the deeper side of his numbers. Simply comparing turnover numbers and not putting them into context is senseless.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And the theory that I'm just trolling and a Lin hater is sad, this shows what is wrong with so many of you. No one is allowed to fairly criticize Lin, or else he's a hater and semi-racist.