1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turkish Rockets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hope you are all safe...

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They aren’t, they need our thoughts. Our prayers. Our help.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Such a tragedy. I don't even know what to say. Sengun must be devastated.

DeBeards, clos4life, fattz and 3 others like this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Basketball is the second most popular sport in Turkey and quite likely Houston Rockets is the most followed in NBA.

Turkey has relatively young-age country (average age around 30) . It is certain that there should be lots of Rockets supporters/followers within the lost lives. Quite likely none of them posted here because of language barrier. Hope they are in peace now.

May God bless their souls / Yerleri ucmag olsun.

#6 Ankara1923, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I just saw this story. Praying for these two countries. Terrible tragedy

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

God bless their souls.
    I assume Rockets are most followed by this young generation because of Sengun.
    However, I wonder if the older fans remember that the Houston Rockets is the first team to draft a Turkish player in the NBA, Mirsad Turckan.
    And how many remember the great Omer Asik?
    The Rockets have always been the most connected team to Turkyie.

groovemachine and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Receive my condolences, support and compassion buddy!

I always claimed teams should never tank and go for the title every year because of things like this.
    We aint gonna live forever...

There are also a lot of Rockets fans around the world that are gravely or even 'terminally' ill. Some of them are even on clutchfans.

Give these people something to cheer for, make their lives more cheerful, meaningful and with less sorrow. The Joy is healing. And even if they not heal, at least make their departure more easy and may they go with a bang!

For everything that we know this may be the last season for every single one of us. One never knows.

So Rockets should compete every single night on every single possession. Its inexcusable to see guys not giving effort, not hustling or playing selfish. Its a mortal basketball sin to me and an insult to the suffering fans.

DeBeards, clutchdabear and Ankara1923 like this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Mirsad is Rocket as much as Sengun is a Thunder.
    Anyway, there are lots of Rockets fans in Turkey since Moses Malone days and especially in growing numbers when RUdy T/Hakeem started to rule the world.
    There is a say in Turkish roughly translated as : If your drink is tasty, the fly will come from Baghdad for it.(Baghdad indicates unknown/distant world here) Houston was good in 90s and it gained lots of fans in Turkey.
    Otherwise people would support Bucks for Mirsad and Bull/New Orleans for Omer Asik. Don't think people would like to remember how Asik was treated in Houston.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

You posted this last year a lot and I remember adding a quote from Soren Kirkegard: " Decent man lives the current day, sad/delusional ones either in the past or in future".
    Tanking is a crime, it is against humanity.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ankara1923 and DeBeards like this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

First Ukraine war, n now earthquake in Turkey, tragedies…all bad news to Europe n its economy.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sadly I have almost all of them on ignore, but sending every single one of them, their families and their fellow citizens prayers.