1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trying heroin for the first time in the coming week. Need users to guide me through this.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, May 11, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Withdrawals take a lot of specific variables into play which is why it shouldn't be used as a metric.

Thats exaggerated and doesn't happen to people that are prescribed their meds for a real reason. Nobody stops cold turkey, they wean themselves off. I had a dumbass friend in college that was taking Xanax (powerful short acting Benzo) and built his tolerance upto a crazy level. It lasted a while when he withdrew but he was fine after cutting down. Alcohol withdrawal is actually the worst, and you can die from it. To deal with it, you are actually prescribed the long acting benzos, which should tell you how they compare to one another.

Heroin withdrawal is supposed to be two weeks of hell, but fine after that because just as opiate tolerance builds up, it goes down too. But again, we're not talking about withdrawal, we're talking about the harm that using a drug causes to your body and your chances of death. Heroin OD is a very common thing and dying from Benzos is extremely difficult if not next to impossible unless you combine them other drugs or take an insane amount.

Withdrawals take a lot of specific variables into play which is why it shouldn't be used as a metric, tbh. I did my research in a drug addiction lab during undergrad which is why I saw all this first hand.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^Forgot to edit the post, but you get my point.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

do it for the vine

4. AkeemTheDreem86

Sorry, bud.

First of all, doctors have prescribed almost every drug on that chart at some point.

Secondly, benzos are extremely addictive and their withdrawal can be easily fatal.

I'll also add that this **** doesn't exist in a vacuum. I'm assuming it wasn't the intent of this chart to show the dangers of each drug separately with a controlled dosage.

5. AkeemTheDreem86

You're missing the point entirely.

6. AkeemTheDreem86

...which happens ALL THE TIME.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Xanadu is actually one of the longer acting benzos, not that it has anything to do withwith anything. They use the short ones mostly to induce sleep or treat seizures. Long lasting for anxiety, because it is preferable not to be constantly up/down.

Since nobody's been prescribed heroin since about 1902, it seems odd to compare abusers with non-abusers.

Your body turns heroin (diacetlymorphine) into morphine in your brain. Pretty much everything you say about tapering and what not pretty clearly applies to morphine and heroin. You just don't hear about it because junkies shoot as much as they can for as long as they can until they run out of money and drugs.

I agree about the OD's but I will say much of the risk comes from IV use, and that I'd true of many drugs. Also, people who buy, for instance, heroin stamps on a street corner don't know how much of what they've bought is heroin, how much is fentnyl, and how much is filler. It's a lot easier to know how much you are taking when you have a pill stamped. "1mg" which has been regulated by the FDA.

In terms of actual harm to the body from the drug itself, coca Ine and meth blow everything else away. They pretty much damage every organ. Heroin does little harm to the body from use. Most of the harm comes from things like hepatitis from needle sharing, etc.

There are very few drugs which, when taken exactly as prescribed by a competent doctor, have a very high associated risk.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your first post was ridiculous your second was just BS -- provide links please.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To what, specifically?

BTW, that was auto correct on my phone. I hate the ****ing thing. I spend as much time fixing it's "corrections" as I do actually typing. And, obviously, I still miss stuff. If I could figure out how to turn it off I would.

#110 Ottomaton, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  11. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

This is my favorite part. First off, your sister is clearly screwed up, so I would try to be as different from your sister as possible. My sister is a big screw up (though not jail time bad) and I try to do the opposite of what she would do and that has gone well for me.

However let me tell you about my friend in college (whom I'd known since high school) who did heroin. I think he started because the girl he liked also did heroin. They both ended up quitting school, he eventually joined the army, and I guess she cleaned up too (I didn't really know her). Anyway, both eventually went back to school and graduated with honors. And now both are way more successful than me. So the lesson is: DO HEROIN. if it doesn't kill you, you will be successful in life.

In all seriousness though, he is super smart and she is like a real certified genius, that may more to do with their success than heroin. Or maybe it was the heroin, I don't know.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Haven't read past the first few replies...but i feel like Jacoby needs asterisks by his name now.

Clutch?

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would be very wary of the side effects.

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

OP, remember these three words, because you're gonna need them: "Better call Saul."

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

just be careful man. Artie Lange, who had his troubles with heroin in the past, said after he did a couples lines for the first time, he said outloud to himself "My god I'm in trouble"

Then it made him enjoy the movie, Alex & Emma. And NOBODY wants to go through that. Be safe brother

<iframe src="http://embed.live.huffingtonpost.com/HPLEmbedPlayer/?segmentId=528123acfe34447c9500021c&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" scrollable="no"></iframe>

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seriously, are you suicidal or something?

Get help or post your real problem so we can help.

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I will add that Artie had to leave the Howard Stern show a few years ago after he STABBED HIMSELF NINE TIMES.

Artie claimed that he wasn't even trying to kill himself. He was simply trying to get the lightheaded feeling from losing blood cause he was out of heroin. He didn't really understand what he was doing in his drug induced mania and would be dead right now if his mother hadn't showed up to his apartment to check on him.

It has to be a pretty fantastic high, though.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Haven't read the thread. This is an obvious troll thread to see if any of the weed people give advice

And then OP will say....see. You did weed before heroin, although we didn't do heroin and there is no correlation

What?

#118 heypartner, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Just say no breh

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QYb1idRMAks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>