1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Try this on for size

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MysticRyder, Jun 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

We trade Steve to the bulls for Curry their pick and their number 1 next year. That gives us the number 1 and 2 pick plus the number 1 next year. I know i probably am not asking enough for Steve but am willing to listen to other ideas. Just think what we could do with the number 1 and 2 and 15:D

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Nope, doesn't fit...

two number one picks and a young, talented big man for Steve Francis? I love Steve as much as the next guy, but there is no way the Bulls would ever do that. Jerry Krause may take a lot of heat, but the guy's not stupid. The Bulls are going to draft Jay Williams if we take Ming, so they don't need to give up that much for a point guard.

Also, the Bulls couldn't do that deal anyways, because league rules prohibit trading number one picks in consecutive years

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Francis was a #2 pick. I know he's proven his value more than anything you're asking for from the Bulls (though he does have the migraine issue). But, Curry was #4, the Bulls pick #2 and their pick next year will probably be no worse than #10 (optimistically). Would you trade a a #2, #4 and #10 for a #2?

I suspect Jay Williams is not as good as Francis, but he is pretty surefire. He will be a great player, barring something unforeseen. Curry had a quiet rookie season but showed no reason why he can't be very good; plus he's a center. Why would Chicago throw all that away?

As for the Stepien rule, if we forgave the Drew trade debt, the rule would no longer be relevant.

4. tozai

tozai Member

Please stop talking about trading Steve. You see there is something to be said about consistency and team chemistry. You can't keep shuffling players around. They need to get used to playing together. Look at the Kings...they've stayed together and nearly made it to the finals.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

steve isnt going anywhere. period.