1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Tax Returns - NYT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Sep 27, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No.

Read articles, not memes and headlines old man.

So it seems like you are accepting the story of the NYT article as true based on your wording in this post.

Therefore let's examine how you are wrong based on the article you acknowledge is true.

1) the article explictly has stated that Donald Trump has been audited this whole entire time because of a fraudulent 72 MILLION DOLLAR refund that he recieved that the IRS is most likely going to want back as soon as he leaves office with a massive fine attached. He might have to pay the IRS 100 million dollars once he's out and he might be prosecuted

2) the other illegal thing shown in the article was paying his children consulting fees for tax avoidance. This not only can have Donald be prosecuted for but Ivanka might have some criminal charges thrown at her also.

3) The largest concern isn't even the illegal activity. The largest concern is that the amount of debt that Donald Trump has to entities unknown would refrain him from being given the most basic level security clearance that even a basic infantryman in the US military has to get because his massive debts make him a target for foerign actors to use as leverage to influence his decision making who h it seems like Erdogan and Duterte have already accomplished doing.

#341 fchowd0311, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I had a buddy of mine literally ask me last night, "Why is it bad if other countries have leverage over Trump?"

I am pretty sure it was a serious question, and it's people like that that Trump is currently in the White House/playing golf on our dime.

London'sBurning, IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

For real? How does somebody’s brain generate a question that dumb? Your friend needs to step his troll game way up.

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m accepting it’s a story but given it’s the NYT - I’m not going beyond that lol

5. fchowd0311

Okay so you understand that your last statement was based on the premise that the leaks are real. So let's stick to that for now. Now let's discuss my three points.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Whatever you think of the NYT and their obvious biases, it would be a ridiculous gambit to publish this information without having confirmed it to be true as this information is almost certainly going to be made public by law soon.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right, because the NYT would run a story like this without making sure it's factually unassailable.

The same liberal NYT that lovingly ran storied about Hillary Clinton's emails, and could barely force a retraction when review showed that the whole thing was a nothing-burger.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I guarantee you if you audited the taxes of 100 taxpayers in the top 0.1% you would not find a single one of them who was taking 70k deductions for Scalp Reduction surgery, 100k deductions for their daughters hair treatments, claiming $72 million refunds, or anything similar. YOu'd also see they *probably* hold more than $800k in securities*

Very wealthy people engage in tax avoidance in more subtle ways, think Mitt Romney and carried interest and his offshore accounts - Trump is unique in his brazeness and his apparently unmatched ability to lose vast sums of money. over short periods of time (or else he's lying about his losses, a distinct possibility).

*An underratedly hilarious part of this story is that Trump thinks that "the stock market" = the economy and this is the key to his reelection, but he is so dumb and terrible at managing money and businesses that he has very little exposure to the stock market for an ostensibly rich person.

Most upper middle class boomers have more than that in thier IRA's lol!

If he'd simply invested a fraction of his Apprenctice money in equities....he'd have a chance at being an actual billionaire now.

AB, superfob, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Trump sell any first round picks to avoid all that tax?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Believe me, I was really hoping it was just straight trolling. Similar to here, I am hopeful that some of our posters are just having a good time and trolling.

IBTL, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

instead the trust fund baby blew the his new $ life line from the Apprentice reality TV show, to the tune of ~ $400 million, on
    building golf courses (Scotland) and luxury hotels (DC), etc. most of which have been losing $ BIGLY

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah, but Trump said it's fake news.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh... I am agreeing with ann coulter. Pretty soon I may start finding her attractive... *shudder*...

No Worries, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why is she not singling out Republicans? Pretty sure the Democrats have no problem closing loopholes and tax laws that allow the ultra rich to avoid paying taxes

arkoe, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I suspect she knows that republicans would never do anything to improve the current tax system that protects and benefits wealthy republicans...

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I should have used the [rhetorical] tag.

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because the issue is as big a trap as her Adam's Apple...

If there is reform, congressmen will have to name it after Trump to get others to hold their noses in disgust and vote for it.

Deadbeat Don Tax Reform for a Stronger America.

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

My guess is money laundering

More at the link in the tweet

IBTL likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not a big Trump guy?

What does that even mean?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

I'm assuming it just means he or she doesn't want to remove all credibility when he or she posts something defending Trump.

Basically your average Trump supporter online.

jiggyfly likes this.