1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Proud Boys & Crazies JAN 6th Rally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jan 3, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Proud Boys to attend Jan. 6 DC rallies 'incognito'

Members of the far-right group the Proud Boys will attend Washington, D.C., rallies for President Trump on Jan. 6 "incognito," with leaders of the group saying they will dress in "all BLACK" to mimic the attire of anti-fascist groups and counterprotesters.

The group is known for its signature black and yellow clothing during rallies and protests, where they typically appear in large groups. The group's chairman, Enrique Tarrio, announced on social media that group members "might dress in all BLACK for the occasion."

Additionally, members of the group will likely branch off into smaller formations to remain "incognito."

The Washington Post reported there have been online threats of violence, ploys to smuggle guns into the District and calls to set up an "armed encampment" on the Washington Mall.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/news/532362-proud-boys-to-attend-jan-6-dc-rallies-incognito

2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Let’s just think about this for a minute. Back in the day, we’ve always had a vested interest in other powerful countries in the world maintaining democracy correct?

And in that maintenance comes covert action to undermine efforts of coups and doing what we can to help deter violent uprisings.

So now let’s think about the EU counties and our allies for the moment. Especially our NATO allies. What is in their interest to do?

I don’t think they’ll act this time because they probably don’t believe the Senate will overturn the election results or the proud boys will over take the White House etc. but there has to be serious discussion with our allies about when and how to act not just to interfere for the sake of interfering... but to control their own interests that rely on American Democracy.

I know that is loosely threaded with this rally, but as we go into this period of desperation by Trump and his sycophant extremist Republicans, I think it’s important to think about this happening under the context of any other Democracy around the world and what we would do as outsiders in that case.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So what they are going to do is cause problems such as vandalizing and property destruction but blame it on Antifa.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They might be looking to do more than that actually.

edwardc, Blatz and vlaurelio like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you're giving them too much credit if you think vandalizing and property destruction is the worst they can do

deb4rockets and Blatz like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just another one of Trump's felon mob warriors.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Black and yellow is the new brown.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Going to do? You think they haven't done it already?

Blatz and deb4rockets like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Like what ???

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I lost another FB "friend" yesterday. He posted he was going to DC (from Alabama) to #stopthesteal.

I politely told him there was zero evidence of election fraud and they've had 2 months to prove it and it was time to get over it.

He called me a Pedo for supporting Biden and them blocked me. What a coward.

Today another friend on IG posted about #stopthesteal with evidence from breitbart. She didn't like it when I told the same. Two months post election where is the proof? Blocked

#GOPsnowflakes.

mdrowe00, CometsWin, Blatz and 6 others like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You didn't ask me, but I'll play along.

I don't pretend that the Proud Boyz are smart enough, but a page from the neo-fascist historical playbook, (now with a "For Dummies" edition!), would go something like this:
    a. Cause lots of street violence, especially if you can find counter-protestors.
    b. Blame counter-protestors or even fictitious organizations for starting the violence.
    c. Martial law to "restore order."
    d. No transition.
    e. More martial law to quell protests when Trump remains in office.
    f. ???
    g. Country is "Great Again," but just not for anyone outside the authoritarian cult.

(references: Spain, Italy, Germany, Chile, now Russia, now China)

13. vlaurelio

stab, shoot, kill people

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Has the whole world gone crazy?

[​IMG]

Why...yes...yes it has! OVER THE LINE! MARK IT ZERO! STOP THE STEAL!

AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

I see but two of those will not happen there is going to be a transition and 45 will for sure leave that office on 1600 Pennsylvania avenue .

B-Bob likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

maybe the po po will stop them. If they haven't be defunded.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree. It's not as sure a thing as I'd like, but I'm confident that's true.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This will feed Trumps ego, he will say that since its such a large gathering there is no way he lost with this kind of support. I hope there is no counter protests and let these psychos have no one to be combative with besides themselves

deb4rockets, B-Bob and vlaurelio like this.
  20. vlaurelio

give them water

deb4rockets likes this.