1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is objectively racist. Has Trump ever told white critics to go back to the countries where they came from and talked about the horrible conditions in the country where white critics who were born here were from?

Eric Riley likes this.
  3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

If there was a video of some trashy person in a Walmart yelling at people of color to go "back where they came from", pretty sure most people would agree it was racist and disgusting behavior.

But when the trashy person is our president, he gets a pass because he has an R next to his name.

It's disgusting. Civil discourse is dead and we've devolved into racist insults at our opponents we disagree with

If our system of checks and balances actually worked we might would be ok, but currently the executive branch has way more power than it ever should because Trump has such a cult of personality behind him that he and his supporters can run anyone out of the party that dares question him (see Justin Amash) so everyone in the party is too cowardly to question him. That should be scary to a lot of people, but I guess the economy is doing ok so that justifies all the racism, insults, and dividing language that's splitting us apart

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you agree with Trump to "send her back"

Eric Riley likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Self labeled libertarians wanting to kick out a US citizen without any jurisprudence because of political disagreement.

Oh boy is the irony tangibly edible at this point.

6. adoo

adoo Member

Anthony Scaramucci, Trump's former White House comm director:
    Trump's attacks on congresswomen 'against the idealistic values of America'

Scaramucci warned the president will hemorrhage “a glacier of support” during his 2020 reelection bid if he refuses to cool his rhetoric,

“And so what ends up happening,” he continued, “is it's such a turnoff to a large group of people that
    you are running a risk that 15% of the people that you want to get you through that electoral map and
    back into the presidency say,
    'You know what? I love the policies, but I don't like the “send her back” rhetoric.
    I don't like the racist rhetoric of sending people back to the homes that they came from.’”

fwiw

Bernie Sanders has been one of the harshest critics of Trump and his policies, and doing it much longer than
    any of the four Congresswomen, yet Trump has not called for him to go back to the country of his origin
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/18/scaramucci-trump-attacks-congresswomen-1419201

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We are devouring each other, simple as that. Trump is simply tapping into what was there all along but people were afraid to let out in the open.

Once people saw him get elected and started cheering each other on they realized it was OK to be this way.

Instead of appealing to our "better angels" he's gleefully dragging us all to hell.

There's no going back.

Eric Riley likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Our system of check and balance system depends on those in power to do the right thing.

It can work if the GOP in Congress woke up and do their constitutional function and stand up for some basic standard for decency and operational norms, is against lawlessness and corruption and protect against foreign influence.

They don't because as you said, they are too scared to. And I think a majority of them are too attached to power to let go of Trump. The coward is the coward. The one that are power hungry, places trust in their ability to control someone that is immoral is underestimating their ability and influence. That's the real danger - they think they can contain Trump when they need to. They can't but haven't fully realize it yet.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You literally cannot know that last statement. Humans can surprise in multiple ways. Or at least, it's the only way to get up every morning.
    I do think things could get worse before they get better -- that's for sure.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

Man reading through this thread is truly depressing. When I was in elementary school I had a couple of friends that were of Korean and Indian descent who, on multiple occasions, had other kids tell them to "go back to where you came from" or "go back to your country." What Trump said isn't just racist, it's 2nd grade recess level racist and I can't believe that there is actually a debate about it. And now we have the "send her back" chants, Hillary's "basket of deplorables" comment couldn't have been more accurate.

11. foh

foh Member

I called you unpatriotic because you don't listen and engage in debate when facts don't support your argument. This is unpatriotic because debate is what democracy is based on and what allows us to improve our overall standard of living. It is also unpatriotic because when people stop talking and being civil, they start fighting. And that is exactly what enemies of united States want to see. I don't care why you support Trump as much as I care that you want our country to be better and stronger.

You accused me of not making sense... What exactly didn't make sense to you in what I have wrote, while engaging you in this conversation, so far?

12. fchowd0311

Had the same **** said to me before with the "go back home" trope. I just responded with "Texas?".

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are right I can't be sure, it's just my opinion. I think we are heading for calamity. It's not Trump's fault by the way, he's just the current embodiment of the decaying society. Social media, 24 hours news are accelerating us down a really dark road imo. Things will only get worse as job loss accelerates.

When more people are moved into the undesirable class because they can't find work and need state resources there will be even more hostility.

foh likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is why we need the i don't care who or what you are, you must have the #YangBuck !

15. foh

foh Member

Out of curiosity, why do you want to prove that is racist, instead of just saying that it is hurtful to the millions of the minorities and recent immigrants in our country and their supporters and is thus divisive rhetoric that is making our country worse in the long run due seeding distrust and tribalism and causes us to be unable to work together as a single unified strong whole.

Oh wait... That is what racism is and what it does in a nutshell.. And why being PC is actually more patriotic than being a boorish bully.

16. fchowd0311

These Trump rallies have turned into the parody version of a 1930s Nazi rally.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

lindsey graham: its Democrats fault there are racists chanting at trump's campaign rallies... and "racism is OK towards trump critics..."

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Lindsey Graham: "Having a higher bar for non-white citizens for me to consider America their home by stating they also have to agree with Trump and his party's ideologies isn't racist even though I wouldn't tell a white democrat who hates Trump to 'go back to where they came from' "

Also Lindsey Graham:

Deckard, Anticope, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  19. foh

foh Member

That's why guns may be important to the fabric of the country. People want respect and having a gun may ensure that respect and more importantly the inner sense of importance. Just an idea. Mass shootings suck but it might be the lesser of two evils.

Edit: probably an unpopular idea

20. fchowd0311

The next recession is going to be brutal for the social health of this country. The country is this divided now with a low unemployment rate and overall growth for many consecutive months. Imagine when the next crash happens with this social discord attached to it? How sustainable is Trump era political discourse in a nation before it falls apart into chaos?