1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's First 100 Days

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/50145...paign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202709

Some of this seems silly, if not completely unenforceable/impractical, but there are parts where I'm on board.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine the agenda looks like this.
    [​IMG]

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Troublingly vague:

FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

I don't know the specifics of The Offshoring Act so I won't try to defend it, but not a fan of adding protectionist tariffs.

I spend over $1,200 / month on childcare so if there was some sort of better tax credit for that, it'd help me personally. Whether it's "good" for the country overall I don't know, but I generally support lessening any tax burden.

The anti-immagrant stuff is of course terrible, as is the "task force" to escalate the war on drugs. Also sadly he looks to increase military spending instead of doing anything about their waste (and shoddy accounting).

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

The Drumpfster Fire (TM) [you read it here first, folks!] better read up on China and Japan. We can hope for Japan as our best case scenario and I pray not like China. Lots of money poured into infrastructure, military and policy, does that sound familiar?

And as to you idiots shouting second amendment, you do realize it was to guard against a military/police state, right? ****ing morons.

Yo, Drumpf, do you realize that China has 150 TRILLION RMB of M2 versus only 3 trillion USD of foreign reserve? "Currency manipulator"? Yeah, RMB should really be 1:10 or 1:12 (some say 1:20). What are you, like living in freakin' 2011 or something? You want China to INCREASE the value of their currency so they have more ammunition to buy up our assets? Ever heard about Wanda and Pin An's buying sprees?

****, man, this guy has no clue.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
    * FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
    * FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
    * SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

with these three . . . . I might vote for him in 2020

However the rest of it would make me reconsider.
    The Pipeline on hurts alot . .. . cause I do care about drinking water

Rocket River

8. Dei

Dei Member

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Oh God so good finally.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

TRUMP: Arresting Hillary
    While I don't think he will go after her . . . What do you think the impact of it would be?

I think it would set a very dangerous precedent and tone.

Do you think he will?

Rocket River

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

For someone who makes their living in the Oil/Gas/Energy sector, his energy policies frighten me. There is way too much money to be made in the Green sector to waste our time with dirt cheap oil and nearly free nat gas. If he wants to bring back (lasting) manufacturing jobs to America, we need to become the world leaders in Green Tech.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The ha ha funny thing is that first 100 day to-do list is Trump's and not the standard Republican party line.

McConnell and Ryan did not embrace Trump presidential bid. And now they are saying that they hope to pass standard Republican party line. There is a disconnect here. It will be interesting to see how much Trump pushes back. He has no love for McConnell and Ryan. As a business man (and decidedly not a politiian) Trump is used to giving orders and having them obeyed ... or at least negotiating a deal and getting most of what he wants.

We live in interesting times.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In response to @Rocket River and @Dei (lol

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
    Won't happen
    * FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
    Won't happen
    * FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
    Wont happen and probably unconstitutional anyway
    * SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
    Won't happen under current constitutional law

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
    Don't even know what the logistics of this is, but probably will work the same way it does now

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
    This may happen

13. justtxyank

McConnell has already shot down term limits coming from Congress, so good luck to Trump organizing a constitutional amendment effort.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If it wasn't simultaneously terrifying, this might be fun to watch unfold. Already, McConnell is hedging - re: term limits: "“It will not be on the agenda in the Senate...I would say we have term limits now — they’re called elections.” McConnell should expect to be on the backside of an angry Twitter rant early tomorrow morning.

One thing about Trump... he owes the Republicans NOTHING. If you're looking for a ray of hope...........

15. Dei

Dei Member

Ah, yes. I see this thread being about the goalposts moving from "Trump won't get elected" to "no way he's implementing his policies".

16. justtxyank

I said he might implement one of them.

Well, technically I guess two of them might happen. he might PROPOSE a constitutional amendment on term limits. Shoot, he could propose lots of things.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how much the 2 year vetting process we currently have get any tougher.

18. justtxyank

Forget tougher, they'll just shut it down.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's more just using reason and logic to determine feasibility.

The things justtx are pointing out are either completely impractical or against the law.