1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why?

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think the tweet implies that there is really no covid death. Fake!

They might want to think about car traffic, people movement and interaction between them over a shutdown and slowdown.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Taiwan has gone 200 days... no one should tell you that containment wasn’t possible. Meanwhile, we are spiraling out of control again. It’s such a joke that about 30% of the people think the this US admin has done a great job with covid, and more think that it can’t do more.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Have a friend in China that is actually from Taiwan. Once news broke about the virusIn China he bolted to Taiwan and stayed there for several months. He would talk about how much cleaner and careful Taiwanese people are than most. Guess he was right.

DVauthrin, malakas, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Who has the time to gather highlights of texxx and others explaining how this virus was no big deal?

malakas, Dgn1, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't you mean "lowlights"?

And aren't you setting someone up for emotional distress? Such a task would lead to PTSD. Stress manifested in physical symptoms. Etcetera.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jinxed it, recorded 3 cases today with 101k tested out of 24 million, roughly 0.4 percent of the population.

That is anything but great testing.

#5527 daywalker02, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    malakas, joshuaao, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. What you said seems obvious. I had no idea why statistics were interesting at all. They certainly didn't prove a point.

RayRay10 and Amiga like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes, I work with TWN folks almost daily. They are shocked what's happening to us. I'm shocked too.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Pretty brutal vignette from the Lincoln Project. But it's no exaggeration, having known people go through exactly this. (But the children were 10 years old.)

I guess "rounding the corner" might mean "we unplugged mom" to DJT.

AleksandarN, leroy, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Deaths "way down" (says don the con senior) and "to almost nothing" (says the other idiot son)?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

In his desperation to get reelected and avoid blame for his criminally incompetent response to COVID-19, trump will try anything...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Most transparent admin ever, right?

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docu...S-Daily-COVID-Hospitalizations-Summary-Report

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...hospitalization-data-the-government-keeps-hid

Internal Documents Reveal COVID-19 Hospitalization Data The Government Keeps Hidden

As coronavirus cases rise swiftly around the country, surpassing both the spring and summer surges, health officials brace for a coming wave of hospitalization and deaths. Knowing which hospitals in which communities are reaching capacity could be key to an effective response to the growing crisis. That information is gathered by the federal government — but not shared openly with the public.

NPR has obtained documents that give a snapshot of data the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services collects and analyzes daily. The documents — reports sent to agency staffers — highlight trends in hospitalizations and pinpoint cities nearing full hospital capacity and facilities under stress. They paint a granular picture of the strain on hospitals across the country that could help local citizens decide when to take extra precautions against COVID-19.

Withholding this information from the public and the research community is a missed opportunity to help prevent outbreaks and even save lives, say public health and data experts who reviewed the documents for NPR.

"At this point, I think it's reckless. It's endangering people," says Ryan Panchadsaram, co-founder of the website COVID Exit Strategy and a former data official in the Obama administration. "We're now in the third wave, and I think our only way out is really open, transparent and actionable information."

NewRoxFan, Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

Unable to face reality, trump tries a new lie out...

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  16. conquistador#11

In the Great flood of Noah, all but 8 people died over night! Fascinating. Why is no one talking about that, huh? Libras want to make 200,000 deaths in 7 months seem like a big deal.

17. ROXTXIA

Desperate people do desperate things.

A badly wounded dragon, spewing fire in all directions. Either enough soldiers finish off the beast or too many of them are consumed in the flames and the beast limps off, hurt but alive.

Or is Pennywise the Clown a better metaphor? He won't kill us all, but he'll do his best, and the rest of us will be terrorized that he's still out there.

People should be ashamed they support the guy. But I guess we're long past shame now.

18. ROXTXIA

"Libras"? Is that auto-spell betraying you? "Liberals"?

I'm a Libra, damn it!

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Jesus Christ that was hard to watch. I lost my mom 2-1/2 years ago. I was "lucky" enough to be there with her. I can't imagine what these hundreds of thousands of families have gone through. That was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with. Having to do it from a f***ing phone call would have been devastating.

#5539 leroy, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member