1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just in the other direction.

Deckard, RayRay10 and bobrek like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How low some people will go to take a job to defend Trump publicly, and praise his incompetent leadership, while defending his lies.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Its really sad to know that our President says we are doing a good job to save lives since we're under 2 million deaths. Even sadder that he doesn't even acknowledge what's happening every single day in our country as more people are dying.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He's been saying that for months! If he had done more to stop the spread instead of pretending we were doing better than everyone in the world soooooooo many lives could have been saved!!

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump talking out his ass ... yet again.

I really think that one should preface everything Trump says with "Wouldn't it be great if ..."

"Wouldn't it be great if ... we had a safe vaccine that everybody who wanted it could take it by Election Day. Wouldn't it be great?"

Fauci on Trump’s Vaccine Boasts: No One’s Seen the Data

In an interview with The Daily Beast, the nation’s top infectious-disease expert says he’s worried about the lack of trust in a potential vaccine.

In recent weeks, President Donald Trump has boasted about his administration’s efforts to produce a safe COVID-19 vaccine while simultaneously declaring that the distribution of that vaccine to the American public would happen “very soon.”

But Trump has not seen the vaccine data.

In fact, no one in the administration has seen it. In an interview with The Daily Beast Monday evening, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said there is only one individual who has access to the data that would show whether a vaccine is viable.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That’s the thing...It’s right there in our faces for all of us to see. The incompetence, lies and complete BS is spoon fed to us every second of every day. Still, so many are so freaking blind and just don’t want to see.

Hell, my own mother and I argue about it and did so yesterday. She fails to even want to attempt to get real information, it’s all rhetoric. The crazy ish that is spewed by the right is what she sees and believes.

Look, I see the games on both sides of the aisle. Politics are going to politic and I don’t feel like the American people are truly being taken care of right now. This has been more about one upping the other side and pointing fingers for a while now. I don’t firmly plant myself on one side or the other, but if you can’t see what this man and administration is doing to our country, I can’t help you. We can’t have 4 more years of this madness.

deb4rockets, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As much as I try to not get too worked up by this I was very mad when Trump again said it doesn't affect anyone. I have a friend who is 34 and she got sick in March. Since then she's been dealing with all sorts of issues such as GI tract and clotting. She was a runner before and now get's winded going up stairs.

B-Bob, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I understand Dr. Birx feels she needs to stay to try to do some good but with her boss contradicting and undercutting her I'm not sure how much she can do. Gen. Mattis thought the same way that he needed to stay in the Administration to do some good but after Trump abandoned the Kurds he realized that he couldn't influence Trump or any good he was doing was being undercut. Birx should resign now and if she wants to make positive change do what she can to get Trump out of office.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump, the Covid spreading idiot gets an F in my book. He doesn't even care about keeping people safe or leading by example. He is the worst leader in the world in tackling the pandemic.

That article below on his cult following is spot on. Luckily, the majority of Americans aren't that brainwashed. The truth will set us free of Trump's madness come November! Vote this man out!!

#5312 deb4rockets, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    glynch, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Politics obviously exists on both sides but I think that comments like this are a false equivalency and paint a picture that liberals and conservatives have dysfunction of equal weight. This is just NOT true. Conservatives have radicalized, are threatening democracy, and will do so by force. We are less than a hop, skip, and a jump away from being Belarus.

glynch, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nascar is all about watching people go in circles again and again to the point where they can't control their cars.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

And you completely ignore the part where I say what this administration is doing to our country.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

@mikol13 was unequivocal in opposing trump. To quote him, " if you can’t see what this man and administration is doing to our country, I can’t help you. We can’t have 4 more years of this madness."

Look, this is not a time to "nit-pick" when someone has come out strongly against another 4 years of trump. I'm concerned about all the people out there who are uninformed and/or disinterested in what trump has done and is doing to our country. To not care, or even worse, to support the fellow is madness.

deb4rockets, mikol13 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

sham-in-chief...

No Worries, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump's #1 aider and abetter in killing Americans for money.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.