1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Trump , Who Once Said ‘the Mob Takes the Fifth', Takes the Fifth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Aug 11, 2022.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I don't use the word hate lightly. I often correct my loved ones around me who just loosely throw that term around about things like TV shows or food choices. It's a very very strong word.

That said, I do "hate" Trump. In that if he were to fall over dead today, I feel the world would be better off. I empathize with Trump because I legitimately feel he is mentally unstable, had awful parents, and he is really just living what he believes is his best life.

Aside: I'm currently driving between cities as we speak and saw a big property with multiple flags prominently displayed "F Biden".

Yes, I hate Donald Trump.

That said, I try to never open Donald Trump articles anymore. But since he's literally a threat to my way of life, I try to keep tabs so I won't be surprised should the nation collapse.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to never talk about Trump again but he and his movement are very active and in several states the Republican Party nominees for governor, Secretary of State, Senate and AG are all loyal to Trump to the extent that in some states they campaigned on decertifying they 2020 election. Trump still leads the Republican polling for President in 2024 and most Republicans are afraid to oppose him.

This is why I’m rather hard on Republicans / Conservatives who say they don’t like Trump but defend him or downplay his actions and those of his followers.

If the Republican Party en mass quit talking about Trump then I would gladly too.

Xopher, jiggyfly, ROCKSS and 4 others like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump needs to be incarerated or if found guilty of treason shot as a traitor, the world will be better off.

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I take every Trump subject on its own. I don't defend Trump politics. I don't defend his claims of stolen elections

There are three threads already on this investigation. I know the media made a big deal of his pleading the fifth given his claims about others doing so, this could have gone in one of the threads about the investigation and adoo started one of those threads.

If you gonna keep posting on what I post about, at least be accurate. Don't make false statements on my posts. TIA

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

T_Man

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How is that hurt feelings? I don't make false claims about you. I don't post about you.

Edit: I didn't post that to defend Trump, I did want to clarify that

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Probably better if we all don't. I can't stand Biden either but I don't wish ill will on him. We just haven't elected good officials and so this is the problem we're left with

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. krosfyah

i'm not a fan of the "both sides are bad" argument.

If left unchecked, I firmly believe that Trump would rival Hitler in that many people would die under his leadership. He has an evil heart. We have many examples of it already but I'll spare you the list.

Biden, if left unchecked, would aim to help lots of people by spending a lot of money. That may be terrible for the economy (or it may not). That said, Biden will always remain in check as he respects the institution of the US government.

Said another way, I'd love to grab a beer with, say GWB. I would be utterly repulsed to have a beer with Trump. I think Biden would be a great guy to have a beer with regardless of who you are.

9. DaDakota

Both sides are bad is like saying stealing a pack of gum is equal to murder because they are both against the law.

The GOP is far and away the worst party, they have put this country in massive debt, have sold out to the NRA/Russia with backdoor funding, and vote for whoever pays them the most.

The Dems maybe ineffective at times but at least they are trying to implement policies they believe in, not ones that are paid for by lobbyists.

DD

#29 DaDakota, Aug 14, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  10. Buck Turgidson

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yes. But the democrats elected a black man as president.

jiggyfly, DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. DaDakota

A well qualified constitutional lawyer - and only half black.

:)

Racists can cheer for the white side if it makes them feel better.

DD

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Someone once Said
    Republicans are an Abusive Parent
    Democrats are a Neglectful Parent
    but
    They both think they are your parent and feel you should do that they say

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

...and a black woman as Vice President. That would never happen in a party like the GOP full of White Nationalists and White Nationalist supporters.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

New game. Let’s predict what kind of beer trumpybear would drink if he drank beer.

Michelob Ultra on the rocks with a straw.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that answer can't be beat. That is as accurate as possible.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It would be the this of drinking a beer....
    [​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tip jar bet? It will happen way before 2040, but not because identity politics, but because the person will be great. Obama was outstanding at his peak.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

You could do cocaine with Don Jr

20. krosfyah

"Someone" made a bad analogy. The Dems are not perfect, but they aren't neglectful. Here's a better analogy,

Dems are a "Helicopter Parent"

Dems work too hard to protect their citizens thereby creating kids that can't manage themselves in real life. I disagree with that, but I'm sure plenty of GOPrs would agree (your welcome).

With that analogy, both are bad ...but one is way way way worse than the other.

T_Man and jiggyfly like this.