1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Wants to Give $2000 Instead of $600

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Dec 24, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A blatant political attempt to belatedly curry favor with the American working class in a way that they can clearly understand. However, I think it is a very good idea. There must be a way to do it asap.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I think it's a big F.U. to McConnel for saying Joe Biden has been elected. He just want to screwover his work on the bill.

Of course the idiot doesn't realize it makes the two GOP candidates in Georgia go against the party or lose votes as penny pinching corporatists. (which they are)

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sounds fine to me, but they should adjust the rates so that higher income people aren’t getting checks as a result if they wouldn’t otherwise get it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. glynch

Old fashioned thinking that divides Americans and prevents Americans from having nice things.

Mathloom, zksb09 and the11mingdynasty like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Also, we’re at the end of 2020. Is there not a way for them to account for 2020 income rather than 2019 income? The pandemic has impacted Americans in dramatically different ways.

6. glynch

It makes Trump look very good to the folks who are really hurting as $600 was sort a FU also. I doubt Pelosi or even Biden like this, but let us hope that it somehow helps defeat the GOP in Georgia. It could go the other way as if Trump follows up in Georgia, it might really turn out his working class base. Latest poll I showed in woman GOP'er down by 1% and man GOP'er up by 1%.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a good idea but Trump had months to press for this. Coming in now when a bill has been made after excruciating negotiations and when many benefits of the last CARES Act are about to expire is callous.

This is a bad bill and tied to a pork laden Omnibus spending bill but we are at a time of crisis where aid is desperately needed by many Americans. Holding this up now just prolongs the economic pain that many are going through.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Where's that Platinum Plan?

9. glynch

Yep, the psycopath can give a crap about suffering people. Still a good political move on his part. Sadly Nancy did not seem to be too concerned about a stimulus till after the election.

I know the Dems are better than Trump, so quite complaining. Be content.

#9 glynch, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Dubious likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Nancy Pelosi doesn't live in reality. She really needs to go. As you know, I give you **** on some things but you are correct about Pelosi and her level of concern. She is divorced from 99.5% America's reality.

RustyHarden, King1, Astrodome and 6 others like this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

This is what happens when you wait until the last minute to get something done in a ****ing pandemic with a man child at the helm. Sign the bill and pass another if he wants $2000.

Dubious likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Below his healthcare plan under his pile of lawsuits to file, pardons to give, papers to shred, and campaign donation letters to mail out.

Dubious likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Blacks didn't hold their end of the bargain.

NO DEAL

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  14. glynch

BTW I love your takes on the Rockets.

durvasa and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. He just wanted to torpedo the deal because he's pissed off. It's that simple. The other day he said he was also going to torpedo a defense spending bill.

You are either very naïve about Trump's intentions, or you are just trolling to stir up Democrats. You are smart enough to know about the Cares Act 2 which AOC and all the progressives supported for months. Yet you take the opportunity to try and create a false narrative that it was the Democrats only really wanted 600 dollars going out with big corporate tax breaks. You know that's not true, and you are falsely trying to portray that narrative.

Even if Democrats only have political motivations on this deal, Joe Biden is about to be president, and they know they need to win in 2022, and 2024. Even if this is purely for political purposes their motivations are STILL towards a massive stimulus that helps the economy, and helps Biden & the Dems retain power.

There are ALOT of issues to use to complain about Democrats on. This is such a weird one, and saying that "Trump is right, and Dems are wrong" on this issue is insulting to our intelligence. Trump just pardoned murderers 24 hours ago... he is not trying to win over the American Working Class. He's just simply trying to burn the house down on his way out the door, and grift.

(Also I think Nancy Pelosi does need to be replaced as speaker FWIW. I think Ro Khanna should be speaker)

17. glynch

Dobro you make a lot of statements which are not necessarily backed by facts, most mainstream moderate sources somewhat support your assertions.

AOC and fellow progressives fought grudgingly for $1200 which they also said frequently $1200 was too little. They are welcoming even in the last f'd up moment the chance to get folks $2,000. Look for their statements beyond your usual sources. Twitter AOC for instance?

I think that Joe Biden seems to still be wedded to his many year overconcern as a budget hawk. https://www.dailyposter.com/p/bidens-austerity-zealotry-cut-the I fear that Trump is going to clean mainstream Dem's clock on this issue politically, especially in 2022 and therefore 2024, unless Joe goes bolder than his lifetime conservative Dem approach. By 2022 I am not sure that merely not being the crazy psycopath Trump and handling Covid and the vaccines competently will be enough. I could be wrong and frankly I hope Trump is dead or incapacitated by 2024.

Agreed Trump's pardons are a disgrace.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Some people just want to see the world burn

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah...

I wonder why Pelosi never thought about that... OH WAIT!!!! She did and then Turtle said he wouldn't let it pass...

T_Man

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Any day now