1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump University's real estate program, $35K

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 31, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good points all.

I'm not at all sure what "normal" is, especially in real estate development.

I do have a friend who's an architect and her whole company just specializes in development/construction litigation. They are the outside experts who climb around and say "this leak is the fault of party A, not party B" etc. They have more business than they can possibly handle, turning down queries all the time.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't think so. Article went into this very topic and also compare it to other similar busn.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...donald-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wonder if Trump already regrets running. The probing has just begun.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

He didn't claim the "biggest" words, just the "best words."

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think he's capable of regret, and that's seriously part of his appeal for some people.

As the internet recently quipped, this election is going to come down to the article (Hillary supporters) versus the comments section (Trump supporters). The comments section never expresses regret, remorse, or uncertainty. :)

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm going to disagree here on him not capable of regret :).

I think he's a man with much mental issue. All the signs are there. Bully everyone. The obsession with money and power. The fear of any criticism or rejection. Lack of any emotional intelligence or compassion toward anybody. Unable to articulate and seems to have a limited vocabulary to express one selves.

This seems to be a man with much unresolved personal problems and seek ways to inflicts pain upon others with a hard nose defense against any negative feedback.

I don't think that type of defense can withstand the constant negative feedback he will get in the general. He's going feel more hurt and angry with people (see recent WaPo ban). He's really trapped in a no win situation. If he loses, devastating to his ego - no more press, no more attention, a loser, a nobody with probably businesses that go downhill. If he win, he's going to have to deal with Congress, Court, realistic of governance and probably will experience anger from his own supporters who will eventually feel betrayed when they realize he's no savior.

A well rounded emotional stable person can deal with these up and downs. Trump? I think he doesn't have the tool set to handle the inevitable disappointment he will face. Regret will seep in... or not.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

^ oh and just to add. If he win, I'll pray, the USA, don't go down with him. Nuclear and other mass destructive weapons in a hand on an emotional unstable person is scary.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If US goes down, then it is fully deserved. Just like the Germans deserved going down with Hitler. I hope even if he is elected, congress would not let him get out of control.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you believe Kasich, trumps handlers were pushing the Cheney model on him to take veep spot.

I didn't like Pence when his name was floated around eight years ago, and his deny everything stance didn't inspire me either...though if he were on trial for murder, his performance would put me on the fences for reasonable doubt.

Anyways Pence would play the shadow governor position a la Dick/bush, while Trump would be the glorious puppet-not-puppet who would predictably put his brand on all the things his subordinates do.