1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. bongman

bongman Member

I will spell it out for you. EMPATHY!!! It is placing yourself on somebody else's shoes to see how it feels. It is normal for people to not care about certain issues until... IT HAPPENS TO THEM. The fact that you have #liberal just proves that you can't think for yourself but look at issues in a the point of view of party over anything else. Have a nice life troll!!

smitheygerard likes this.
  2. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

NICE :D

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did you join yesterday in order to put on full display your bigotry and stupidity? If that's the case, I congratulate you. You have succeeded brilliantly. It is perfectly clear that you are a bigot and that you are stupid. I hope you have made yourself happy. If so, enjoy it, because it may not last long.

Eric Riley and No Worries like this.
  4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with your position on the issue. But I'm sure you know that. Thanks for playing!

5. dandorotik

I never called you a douchebag. I am offended that you would even imply this.

6. amaru

amaru Member

I don't think you understand the military my friend.

The military won't be reacting to them, the military would be reacting to guidance from higher authorities.
    When transsexuals were allowed to serve openly, as they currently are, there were no real changes to military operations.
    We adapt and overcome. If a command comes from higher, servicemembers execute.

The military isn't a civilian organization where workers can freely voice dissenting opinions. Our superiors push down guidance and we execute. We are not a damn democracy lol

No Worries likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't worry. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be out of here soon enough.

8. dandorotik

It's not very nice to lie. You have accused me of being a tranny and called me a douchebag- and all I said was you shouldn't be a jerk by referring to TG people as trannies. That's all. I am very disappointed that you feel the need to insult others and cannot provide intelligent responses, especially as you are new to this board.

Especially in calling me a douchebag. Completely unwarranted - and then accusing me of calling you that! Shameful.

Deckard likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude, I'm going to put you on ignore for repeatedly responding to trolls like it's the first time you've seen one. Seriously?

smitheygerard and KevinsBacon like this.
  10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

**** i'll say it you are a complete douchebag. Report me douche.

No Worries likes this.
  11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. dandorotik

No offense, because I respect you, but I could care less whether you put me on Ignore or not. If my posts bother you, then by all means do so.

14. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL lame ass schtick trolling on politics on a basketball forum, oh man that's edgy high level stuff keep going and see if you can make a name for yourself in this subforum.

17. dandorotik

Thank you for your opinion.

18. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

I disagree with the ban, not as violently as some. However, this video adds a lot of clarity and an interesting perspective to the supportive side of the issue. We've heard about a few transgender military "heroes", but we haven't heard about instances where transgender people have been a problem in the military. This is likely because there have been none, OR negative feelings can't be expressed without being labeled a bigot.

I couldn't find any evidence for a 61% suicide rate in the Transgender community, that sounds absurdly high. I did find research that says 41% of transgender people have attempted suicide though. Still, a pretty big generalization to say that no Trans people can serve.

Transgender Americans make up 0.58% of America, what percentage of Transgender are in the military? I think it sucks that people who want to serve can't, but there are thousands of people (70%-80%) are turned down by the military, so yeah, I don't understand why this is a National crisis?

KevinsBacon likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post, and I really don't think it's a national crisis. Two Scoops is very good about finding inflammatory wedge topics and tweeting them. The media goes running after the issue uncontrollably b/c they see ready-made clicks and emotional responses.

He can shift the focus wherever he wants it as long as he's willing to upset people. The media is terrible. Some editor should have said, huh, 0.58% of Americans, eh? Let's go back to covering healthcare, which affects everyone.

CometsWin and pacman0590 like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

His information isn't quite correct. Color blind individuals can serve in the military in certain occupations. The part about payment for cosmetic surgeries is true. The DOD has been doing this for years I.e breast augmentation surgery.

I can see the argument for the high suicide rate. But I don't buy the compromising military readiness line. This is an admittedly small segment of the population. They won't compromise a thing. Truth be told this battle is strictly political. That's ok but let's call it as such

Yung-T and pacman0590 like this.