1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trump to declare national emergency to build border wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Feb 14, 2019.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Any chance that a majority of Republican Senators break from the President on this and decide McConnell needs to be removed as Majority leader for supporting Trump on this?

I mean, Mitch has basically decided that his job doesn’t matter anymore. Seems like something the other Senators should be up in arms about, no matter the party.

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's there and he can try to use it. In my opinion, it is an abuse of the act to call something an emergency for political leverage when it is not an emergency, but my opinion doesn't count for anything. The court will decide it. But the nonsense about the president's responsibilities and the electoral mandate are shown to be nonsense when he does it in open defiance of Congress.

3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I guess the Dems were right. Trump lost the shutdown and lost the wall. Am I right? SCOTUS will determine the fate. And DACA and TPS recipients lose as well. Democrats sure know the Art of the Deal!!

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just stop embarrassing yourself. You’ve already proven to everyone here that you’re completely ignorant about basic facts. Nobody takes you seriously. I recommend finding a new board, or register a new account here, because your current one is viewed as nothing but comic relief at this point.

jo mama and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I know facts and the truth are difficult concepts for someone who thinks the El Paso Fire Department lied about the number of people at a rally at the direction of their boss, Mayor Beto O'Rourke. But lets break this down for you. First, the reported statement from the Senate Subcommittee republican leader was that so far there has not been any direct evidence of collusion between russians and trump. Mind you the words I bolded. Direct evidence. So Far. And Collusion. Now ignore for a second that the Democratic leader of that same subcommittee has stated he disagrees with the statement alluded to the republican leader. Also ignore that Democratic investigators have suggested there is evidence and that trump will look bad once a final report is released. Even if you ignore those facts, this in no way suggested the russians didn't help trump win the election (your statement), and in fact, trump's own intelligence community released their findings that the russians did attempt to influence the election to the benefit of trump.

So your whole argument is dismantled.

6. dmoneybangbang

This is clearly a vanity play so Trump’s base gets a pat on the head. Trump’s MO has always been the optics.

7. JuanValdez

DACA and TPS recipients are pawns for the Democrats, unfortunately. Losing those are a policy defeat, but not a political defeat.

C'mon, let's keep it civil.

BruceAndre and MiddleMan like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

No... he should stay. Every village a dachuda...

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

National Emergency? Man, we are just one step away from Trump calling a player's only meeting!

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's actually amazing how such a shrewd and intelligent politician like McConnell would tie himself to this sinking ship.

Republicans would be wise to end this charade and love affair with Trump and try again in 2020.

They had all 3 branches of government and really what big policy do they have to show for it other than making the rich richer? Trump had 2 years to ram through as much of the GOP policy as possible. I said at the start of his term he was going to waste the power he was given. Liberals are actually fortunate that someone like Rubio or Cruz didn't become president and this doofus won because they would have been much more effective.

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

hmm..lets see.

1. Illegal Immigration is currently at its lowest point since the 1970s.
    2. Illegal Drug use also down at it's lowest rate since the 1970's.
    3. Homicides and violent crimes are at their lowest rate since the 1970s.

yep..sounds like an emergency to me :rolleyes:

Oh wait..the opioide crisis is a huge problem. That's kind of an emergency..will this wall stop Doctors from prescribing these drugs or keep the FDA from approving them?

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

In the quoted post he says he wishes he could throw another poster over the border. Garbage like that does not deserve a civil response.

13. NewRoxFan

I don't know... I think trump's "super power" is that he is a pathological liar who has no qualms about saying any lie to get his way. While I think cruz and less so rubio will shade the truth, I don't think they would lie so often and so outrageously (eg trump claiming Obama would have started a war with NK).

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Weak trolling dolt. You are one of those lunatics who buys the Russian crap. That's enough right there man. I bet you get your opinion off FB or some other insular echo chamber.

15. NewRoxFan

Attacking trump's vanity wall move for what it will do to America's military...

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He went without a script? Oh, man! Anyone have the full video?

Did he mention Hillary's emails?

Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

How can you declare a national emergency the same day you're taking a vacation to play golf? Can someone please explain this to me please.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

You're right. Maybe we're all getting a little heated. I urge you, and @dachuda86, in a friendly way, to say people's ideas are stupid, not them personally.

Rubio or Cruz, or my preference Kasich, wouldn't need to lie all the time to get their way. They'd just move through the Republican agenda efficiently and expeditiously while they had control on all the levers of power. They also had the advantage of being orthodox Republicans. There wouldn't have been as many fights about what's on the menu.

Harrisment and JayGoogle like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Deleted...

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I love your boomer memes. Keep giving me laughs.