1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump, the Fools that Voted for Him, and the Fools that Stayed Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

My reading comprehension is just fine, Kemosabe:

And you continue to be wrong. The popular vote does not matter. You know why? Because Trump's mandate was signed, sealed and delivered with the GOP retaining control of the House, Senate and the number of gubernatorial seats. He doesn't have to appeal to the people that voted against him. He can do what he wants, and if he does well, the midterms will be a breeze. If he doesn't, and they lose the House or Senate, then he has to worry about it.

He has what Obama had in 2008, let's just hope he does more with it than Obama did.

Rocket River and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

It fits entirely to his argument because his argument is bullshit. All that matters is the final result, not how you got there. You can't count "what-ifs" no more than you can count puppy dogs and candy canes. The facts are that Clinton lost, and she lost because she was a candidate that tens of millions of liberal voters didn't care for. If they abstained or voted for another candidate, it doesn't matter - all that matters is that they didn't vote for her, and that isn't on them. That is on her.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, you are basically saying that 59 million people's votes do not matter. In theory you are right.But what use is a mandate if you can't carry your policies forward so that they have some ground to stand on for the future? As Obama is learning now it's no use at all, if in 4 or 8 years you've just pissed off the other side of the country enough flip the country once again and rewind everything you've done. What was the purpose?

You are saying right now do not appeal to half of the country. Just ignore it.

Every basketball coach worth his salt would tell you that you are absolutely 100% wrong. They all preach the same thing. It's about playing good basketball, the wins come after that. How you got there absolutely matters. This post wasn't for you and the rest of the liberals you'll see like Bill Maher for example rants about liberal indifference isn't aimed at you, so ignore it. It's about telling the progressives to wake up and do better. That's all it is.

4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

For what it's worth. If you're making above $200K as an individual, Trump's tax proposal would leave you paying more in wage taxes. It's not unless you're making closer to $450K when you're coming out on top again. Those truly wealthy individuals who aren't relying on salaried jobs are the ones who stand to benefit the most from Trump's plan.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well...they don't matter. Trump now has a mandate just as Obama did. Obama wasted his on bad ideas that failed during his presidency and as a result his party suffered. If Trump wastes his on stupid policies then the Republicans will suffer.

cml750 and Nook like this.
  7. nono

nono Member

4 Presidents apart from Trump have won the Presidency without the popular vote. If it was only the result that mattered they wouldn't have all been so unmemorable. lol @ having a mandate.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well here is the point...Trump will be the most disliked president ever to get the job I'm sure you don't disagree with that point. What I'm saying is he doesn't have much rope to work with.

Yep and other than Bush all of them have been one term presidents. Which is exactly what I'm saying, Trump has more to prove than usual presidents. He has to hit the ground running pretty much.

9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I agree. If you win the popular vote and lose the electoral then a re-election should be commenced the next week and you can vote early. Only the top 2 candidates will be on the ballot in the re-election.

It makes too much sense, but they won't ever do it because it's congress.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Troll on, brother, troll on.

bnb likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh for sure, no matter who won this election they were set to be the most disliked president ever at the time of their election. That said, Trump does have control of everything and something as simple as a SCOTUS appointment that is a conservative in the first 2 years should be enough to get him 2 more with control of both bodies of Congress.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not trolling, it's what happened. Learn the lesson from it and move on. Obamacare was a factor in this election and it was the sole achievement of Obama's 8 years.

Geaux Rockets and cml750 like this.
  13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I wouldn't all Obamacare an achievement by any means.

cml750 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Neither would America

Geaux Rockets, cml750 and davidio840 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is hard to Trump Bush with his two wars on Afghan and Iraqi soil. I am not so sure.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I accuse you not paying attention or just gratuitously trolling.

I suppose that you do not count the bailout package got the American economy out of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. It was kinda hard to miss, but I guess you did.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Million dollar tax breaks for the 1%ers. It's surreal like Trump role playing Randolph and Mortimer from Trading Places with a fellow billionaire on some kind of strange bet.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Obama literally doubling the national debt and I see a country that STILL isn't recovered. Cost to benefit analysis should be done.

In the end, you have Obamacare which was a failure, literally doubling the national debt, and the fact that he's black. That's all Obama brought to the table.....well I guess there's also divisiveness. He did that too.

cml750 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Donald Trump has a mandate for better or worse.

He won an election and got 300 electoral college votes.

He has control of the house and the senate.

That is a mandate.

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Please shut the **** up and get the **** out of here with this bull ****! Hilary is little evil b**** and don't deserve to be in office.