1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Sends Unmarked Fed Goons to Kidnap Protesters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fallenphoenix, Jul 17, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's the issue. Rights for me but not for my ideolgical opponents. That is fascism in a nutshell.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just post videos

I'm not left or right, I'm above

I don't know what this dude was thinking. idea was not good , look at the result

@Os Trigonum

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

1. This dude was from Texas , how did he get up to Portland? vacationing?
    2. This dude knew the Feds were popping out. So he was ready 'to drop the hammer on them.
    3. It was like 30 federal agents. He's not Thor.

please comment on all three points.

I'm about being above not left or right.

PS, People in Hong Kong aren't this dumb
    and it's not like some dude from Texas decided to go to Hong Kong to drop a hammer on the HK police
    that would be also dumb

I've never seen peaceful Hong Kong protestors with hammers

#163 tinman, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about being left or right. I don't mind videos at all. I was just curious if you were anti - Chinese Authoritarianism on principle of being against the govt cracking down against dissenters using the means of dictators and authoritarian communist rulers in general or only in some cases.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

This dude was trying to take down a whole crew of feds with a hammer!

Can you at least acknowledge this dude as dumb?

Hong Kong protestors aren't this stupid. And actually the Hong Kong people are fighting for the existence .

This is not the same as whatever this dude was protesting, he's not losing his rights. Hell, he's not even from Portland!

I get you want to sway the topic away from this one particular instance, but I don't go for that man.

It's like if you asked me about Tmac vs Utah, then you diverge to Kobe , that's not the topic.

@Os Trigonum

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

1. I don't care where he's from.
    2. If someone commits a crime the local authorities can arrest them.
    3. Hong Kong protestors used violence against authorities many times during the unrest with China.

The peaceful Hong Kong protesters didn't have hammers but the violent Hong Kong protesters did use petrol bombs, destroyed property looted businesses much like the non peaceful protesters here.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

1. He's not from Portland, this incident happened in Portland. that's suspicious to me.
    2. So he didn't commit a crime? He's waiting to attack anyone coming out of the door. It could be Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck. Attacking someone with a hammer is a crime anywhere.
    3. Well I'm against violence. I'm for peaceful protestors.

Do you think this dude was stupid?

I do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Many of the pritetesters here are fighting for their existence. I've already said that anyone committing a violent crime can be arrested by local authorities.

Hong Kong protesters have used hammers, they also set an unarmed person on fire intentionally.

I'm on the side of Hong Kong democracy. But like some of the protesters here they have initiated violence on unarmed people and law enforcement.

Are you consistent or not in condemning authoritarian response?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude.

my topic is this one dude in Portland for this one particular instance.

you won't make me change that topic.

I am consistent on staying on my topic. and you won't change it.

You see how I have destroyed the Tmac fans and their distraction topics

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

John Yoo??? John Yoo?? BWHAHAHA!!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We're talking Portland but I see your whataboutism and I have no problem with the police shutting down some lawless zone where people are being hurt. That's a lot different situation than sending in secret police to kidnap taggers. Seriously, ****ing teenagers with spray cans and Trump sends in the secret police. What in the holy hell? Just bonkers.

If Trump had been President in the 60s we wouldn't have a country right now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

every night these privileged clowns (oh my bad, "peaceful protesters") try to destroy the courthouse

and anyone who tries to stop them is labeled a goon

so peaceful

#172 Commodore, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    tinman likes this.
  13. CometsWin

Live reporting from the "riot", basically a bunch of teenagers milling around, screaming, with the odd megaphone going on. Looks very dangerous, the courthouse is nearly toppled... on its last legs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This is a poor attempt at gaslighting what we can see with our own eyes.

Antifa already set the police union building on fire. Should the police wait until the courthouse is in flames to do anything?

Looks like the peaceful protesters might breach it soon enough.

Imagine finding yourself in common cause with this degenerate.

15. CometsWin

You find common cause with degenerate, lying Trump every day. So... yeah.

Yeah, we all have eyes. Dude I watched almost his whole damn video. Did you? Your video is of a guy with a bat hitting some kind of makeshift barricade? He nearly knocks the entire barricade down too, many dead and injured.

Now THIS is a riot. Although that fire looks awfully red like from a flare. Strange.

Here you can see police sprinting after people sprinting away. Lots of sprinting going on.

Many "townfolk" in fear for their lives apparently.

Now, would you say that having secret police kidnap people off the streets the last several days served as a deterrent or an inducement? Maybe we should go with renditions and black sites now? Time will tell.

Now the burning buildings type stuff is way over the line. Some people need to get rung up for that one and I fully support that. Hopefully no serious injuries there.

#175 CometsWin, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    DVauthrin, malakas, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Right. And andy ngo. Could he find two less reputable people to cite? I am surprised he squeeze project veritas videos in there.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media
    When a milkshake to the face brought the spotlight on Andy Ngo, politicians and talking heads on both sides were happy to take on his cause: demonizing antifa
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

We basically have federal law enforcement protecting federal buildings because the state and local will not do it and then the left claiming the federal government has no jurisdiction to do so. .

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so option is do something illegal/unconstitutional?

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Exactly, makes no sense

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would not be controversial if they were properly identified and were only on federal property. Instead you have unmarked feds looking like they’re in Fallujah illegally detaining people and agitating the protestors in Portland. The federal government has NO authority to enforce local and state laws, and to the best of my knowledge there is no federal law against defacement of non-Federal property. In fact, the first federal law says the people can assemble.

DVauthrin, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.