1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a real possibility. The long term effects are well documented. I have a relative in another state dealing with blood clots in her lungs which put her in ICU. She will hopefully recover with blood thinners, but, this could be one of those after effects. She had the virus 2 months ago without hospitalization, and quarantined. She is under the age of 50. Trump is no spring chicken.

Hakeemtheking, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

then over half of the deplorables should be getting a visit from karma soon...they stay wishing death on protesters and liberals

y’all are the same group calling that Rittenhouse kid a hero, so any self-righteous talk coming from right wingers is a joke

Rocket River, Rashmon, ROCKSS and 6 others like this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Not a hero but a right to defend himself even if he shouldn’t be there by age in the first place

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Agree, you can't put it pass him.

Politic wise, the DEM should just assume that's the play here and act accordingly.

Trump has the best medical team in the world, he's going to be fine. But the rest of you don't have that luxury. He failed to contain this virus when he had the chance to do something about it. He continues to fail to do anything about it. He encourages bad behaviors even a few days ago, with his group refusing to wear masks when it's required to do so. He and his family can take that risk with the care they get, but American cannot. 200k+ dead and projection are for another 200k dead by end of this year. We can do much better.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah i used to have some level of respect of 740 am and it was considered a valid news source. i just went to the store and decided to see the spin coming out.
    shara fryer used to be something too now she just drops dumb comments the whole time it is absolutely painful. turn it on you will hear.

in the formulation of optics and plays...until shar a gets specifics. ..sounds like one of the plays and gambles is him getting a light version and the "see i told you so not so bad"
    since trump is so honest you unfortunately have to consider this possible desperation and even desperation he doesnt even have it.

i mean to have a test result drop at 12:01 october 1 is like they planned it in outlook like a software release or press release.. very interesting on that. i mean what day is it? oh yeah october lol..

if trump can downplay the 200k dead, the millions sick, AND comeback saying how great he feels and no biggie look at me then all those on fence doubters and not sures might sway a % and "maybe trump is right" overlooking pure stats that 10% is still yuge.

you have to consider all strategies. if dude is getting state help from putin, saudi, trying to intimidate at polls, not allow some ballots, try to have supreme court pick instead of democracy, then you really think its past his level of desperation to fake a sickness do this? all angles folks..

one thing he is smart enough to listen to is metrics and if he can sway this county or this xyz demographic one way to him thats all he cares. same way he doesnt campaign in california.

desperation is desperation.

i personally want him to have it and have death and devil stare him in face then recover fully and have some level of remorse and apology to usa people. whether he is still president or not at that point I just want to hear the mfer say "yeah its serious" .."that sh*it dont play" and maybe just maybe something to the effect of "i shouldnt have slept through february" ..and "i should have been a leader on masks" doubtful but yeah..

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I think about Trump at his rallies telling his Maskless cult that this virus affects basically nobody. Does that make he and his wife nobody? hmmm

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I realize what you meant and that is what I was saying, if he turns out to be asymptomatic then I'm not sure this hurts him as much as people think.

I can't say who deserves it more. He certainly made himself more prone to contracting it, that's for sure. I'm not sure he is incapacitated either, it's too early to sit here and think that. Again, he may just be another number in this pandemic that was not my original point. Let's not go off on tangents. My original point is it is tasteless to sit here and wish for his death. Nothing about his election, nothing about if he deserved, nothing except what I just pointed out. That's it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe- if my own experience is any indication that may not be the case. i'm younger than Trump, but in the "high-risk" group. yet i was virtually asymptomatic. my wife had symptoms, but has recovered, and was never hospitalized. My daughter, who has a compromised immune system, never caught it, despite living in a home with two people who both had the virus.

in any event, its an interesting moment, and i hope he, Melania, and Hope all recover quickly.

9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

If you find yourself immediately drawn to a conspiracy theory, please keep in mind this is exactly what fascists want from their citizens. The simmering doubt of any factuality. A population that has no solid ground of truth to stand on is where the authoritarian thrives.

At the same time, it's a perfectly rational thing to think that a pathological liar is lying again. That's understandable.

But please take a moment to reflect: if you were immediately drawn to suspect conspiracy, then the nonstop attacks this man has made on basic reality has had its effect.

Occam's Razor says that the fool who attended numerous rallies and meetings that violated health guidelines and ignored evidence-based countermeasures such as social distancing and mask-wearing got infected.

jiggyfly, Rashmon, glynch and 3 others like this.
  10. HROZ

HROZ Member

Was surprised this didn't happen earlier.

Didn't Pence also get tested?

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

This news is going to be blowing up all day lol interesting times

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Good response here.

Hopefully people get a wake up call. If a man who is in a protective bubble can get the virus then anyone can.

FrontRunner, malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  13. ROXRAN

Pence just tested negative

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

very many deplorables have indeed called him a hero

y’all loved those 2 hillbillies down in Georgia that killed Arbery

go online, and all u see is right wingers talking about how other people should get killed...the complete disregard for other people’s lives and lust for killing would be shocking, but they’re not called deplorables for nothing

there were a bunch of people wanting to see the death of politicians who were imposing restrictions due to this virus

you’ve talked about a civil war on here

I don’t want to hear sh*t from right wingers...now all of the sudden y’all care about life :rolleyes:

gimme a break with all the fakeness

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That certainly increases his chances of catching it. He also has the best proactive protection system around him to reduce the chances (reports are everyone he met closeup has been tested, and are tested regularly... but those 5min rapid test does have a high error rate).

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

No one on here wants a civil war lol, And when I mentioned it the context was more about worrying that’s where we could head but really that wouldn’t happen, an uprising short term maybe .. you seem to be rambling a bit , I’m not aware of the 2 hi,lbillies, but anyways I have to go to work soon have a good day

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah this is hilarious to me. part of trumps legacy.
    now its literally comedy to see morality or try to play that game. cuomo was calling cruz out about this to his face and cruz had zero. "oh you want to talk morality huh?"

this has always been in the repugs shtick to run some self righteous game. dems have to play along and thats how you end up with an impeachment of clinton over a cigar.

how you like me now? two way street biotch

RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

my message is clear...right wingers constantly show zero value for other people’s lives and continuously wish for the death of others...now they’ll be out here trying to play some morality game like dachode86...nobody wants to hear it, it’s fake

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

and for the record, I am not sitting here hoping for Trump’s death, but if he dies, I certainly won’t care

basically, if he dies, he dies...this man is a horrible person

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  20. ROXRAN

Ok we have a right to a different opinion but I hope you have a good weekend. It’s Friday yay

FrontRunner likes this.