1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

While this could be true, I’m not going down the same path that led Twitter to believe a ****ing fabric crease on Altuve’s jersey was a buzzer.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Take a look at Trump after being treated with experimental drugs for Covid-19:

[​IMG]

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This too. It’s speculation and not confirmed.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the other hand this White House has lied about everything so nothing is too sacred for their lies.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So are you telling me we are All related?! O chit . I’ll never look at women the same gawdemit

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Aren't the doing that with Biden now too?

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Realized my info is old and outdated. I remember some study that said 80% of the population but that was without social distancing or masks.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The last time a candidate was ill during a major campaign...

RayRay10 and TheFreak like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I like to highlight Taiwan because of its proximity to China. Many thought they would get hit bad. Their government manage it extremely well. They sent an investigation team to China in dec, went on high alert and started early, taking it extremely serious.

Taiwan is but just one of many examples of government done well.

UK, France, Canada, Germany, Italy together has ~the same population as the US as a whole. Many of these nations were hit hard initially and unlike Taiwan, were caught off guard as well, but they were able to get it under control over the summer (~3k daily cases during the summer vs ~60k in the US). They are now seeing a pretty significant "fall" rebound in cases, the expected 2nd wave. The US never managed to reduce cases below 20k per day after the initial outbreak. As of today:

- US has ~45k daily new cases, with 7.3m cumulative cases.
    - Those 5 countries have ~21k daily new cases, with 1.8m cumulative cases.

We have done extremely poorly.

We aren't so different from EU. Italian refused to be locked down until the government took actions with severe punishment. Many in EU are anti-mask, similar to here.

Yes, our law and the people do play a role, but one that can be overcome by the government and by our leaders, as we have seen in Italy and elsewhere in EU. As we have also seen in Hawaii. As we have also seen in many parts of the US early on when the local government DID take decisive action to lockdown which successfully halted the exponential growth. As we did again in late summer with requiring masks in many places (avg mask wearing rate went from the 40-50% to 80-90%). Those were concrete government actions that made huge differences. Likewise, lack of actions and worse, actions that causes more issues (shutting down the advance team in China, not sending a team to China in dec to investigate, not having a working detection system in place, the cdc test was not ready early on, potus misleading and lying to the public, continuing downplaying the risk, not closing the border to China and to EU early enough, relaxing restrictions too early in the summer, discouraging and removing masks requirement, never implementing a test, trace and isolate system, so on) altogether made huge differences.

You know, there is now a super spreader event at the WH. That shouldn’t happen with proper protocols and restriction. Those things make a big difference. The way the potus and wh treat this virus carelessly not only is now impacting them, but the secret service, all the aids, senators, .... if they all stuck to standard protocol of limited number of people together, socially distance, mask, it likely wouldn’t have happen. Those actions would have made a difference.

I do not agree that leaders, their behaviors, and their directive of gov actions do not matter. They absolute do. Another potus and leadership team that respect, listen to science and experts, do not mislead and lie, took the virus seriously and did the hard work to contain it while not listening to whacky conspiracy theories would have made a huge difference in the US.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Third republican senator...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Our Chair of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone else starting to think the silence out of Washington is deafening? It's almost 10AM and we've heard nothing this AM. Not a good sign...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

Hahaha

14. ROXRAN

I think Old man Biden needs to hug all the republicans for the good of the country . Maybe smell their hair a bit - emmm edit just a joke in before mike Tyson and the beard accuse me of wishing death and dancing the Macarena...

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Laughable, Trump gave himself an A+ in handling the virus.

RayRay10, Blatz and IBTL like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this is part of the suspense building.
    intermission if you will..

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. ROXRAN

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

-- and, 7 minutes later

Further proof, Shams reads cfnet and has contacts with the WH, to provide them with info on key public sentiments

Exiled, RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is an aspect of Karma that Karma is supernatural and follows you through the cycle of reincarnation. Karma is also as simple as if I bully someone and they beat the crap out of me or if I help my neighbor shovel snow they help me rake my yard. It is similar to the idea of the Golden Rule.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

repugs wetting the bed with another despicable performance on covid..but
    playoffs? you wanna talk playoffs?

trump and repug party will be lucky to be alive by the election!
    playoffs?

cmon son

RayRay10 and ROXRAN like this.