1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I think it's a legitimate argument that Trump is responsible indirectly for thousands of deaths. Just have to look at the difference in deaths between EU and us.

Because of that, I have no problem with people wishing death upon Trump or at least being joyful that he contracted Coronavirus, even if I personally wouldn't say that.

2. Nook

Nook Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

Dr. Fauci this morning when he checked the news on his phone.

[​IMG]

Xerobull and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Seriously, what possible reason other than an agenda or optics with their cult would there be to not require masks at the WH? Especially after what’s just happened? This is so ridiculous and embarrassing. They’ll continue with the ineptitude, and then Dems will be left to clean up the mess and restore the country like they had to back in 08.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Can we at least give them credit for being consistent with their message? Meaning, it's a personal choice. They are stubborn, but I guess at least they stand for what they believe in. :oops::oops:

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rooting for someone to die isn't good form for sure, but I don't condemn people rooting for Trump's death. If you truly see Trump as a demagogue cut from the same cloth as Pol Pot, Kim Il Jong, Putin, Mussolini, etc - people certainly rooted for those people to die as they were seen as evil people who were doing incredible damage to the world. You can make the case that Trump through his neglect & callousness, is responsible for thousands of deaths and more will die as it continues. Trump is a dangerous man.

Now, in terms of what his death would mean. First of all, it's extremely unlikely that he will die before the election. Even if he gets a bad case, doctors should be able to keep him alive for 30+ days. If he wins and dies, Pence would become president - very simple.

As for chaos, if anything, Pence would probably bring more structure and direction - the man is far more capable of running the country and as VP, he knows what's going on. VP's are suppose to be able to step in without a transition.

The chances of the election being delayed are 0. Why? It's in the constitution. No matter what happens, a president will be sworn in on Jan 17th. Given that the governors of swing states that have Republican state legislatures are mostly Democrats who have to submit the results of the election to Congress (that's PA, Mich, Wis, and NC), it's highly unlikely that they can overrule the popular vote. In fact, every state has a law that states the electoral votes must go to the winner of the popular vote. So only two states really are a concern - Arizona and Florida. Those states would have to change the law, have the governor sign the new bill into law, and then they could override the results.

Now it could be those states end up deciding things - but its not likely. If Trump loses Florida and Arizona, he's almost certainly lost in MI, Wis, & PA which means he lost the election anyway.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I stated it is speculative but I don't see anything good given how polarized and chaotic things are now with having a President die in office. Especially a President like this one that has so divided people while also running a disorganized administration where power is so much centered on him personally.

In terms of delaying the election or finding a way to annul the popular vote in the states we already know that Trump and others in his administration have already brought this up and suggested having states overrule their own vote counts as a possibility. Even without Trump there I don't see why those in his administration and others in the current GOP might not still want to pursue that. Trump's death this close to the election would provide a strong argument to delay and/or sew more confusion.

For Trump supporters we know that there are many of them who do believe that COVID-19 is either a hoax or a deliberate plot to bring down the Trump administration. We also know there was a lot of rhetoric threatening violence if Trump had been removed from office by impeachment. I don't think it's a pretty good possibility if Trump were to die from COVID-19 this would be a spark for violence. I don't think it would be well organized or to the point that it's a civil war but we don't need a lot of people to cause a lot of mayhem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Trump being in office made this country extremely polarized and chaotic

AleksandarN, Sajan, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why is the economic advisor informing the people about the president's health?lol ...

arkoe, Sajan and RayRay10 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm not personally rooting for Trump to die and personally wouldn't root for anyone's death. I understand why some people would but I'm not giving a moral lecture but there are many reasons why Trump's death isn't a good thing.
    True the odds of Trump dying before the election are low but not zero. I posted this in the other thread but for someone Trump's age the chances of death from COVID-19 are about 9%.

As for Pence I think he is more stable than Trump but this administration is full of yes men who's main qualification is loyalty to Trump. Whether they just transfer their loyalty to Pence I'm not sure as Trump's hold on them often seems like business connections and things that Pence doesn't have.
    The date of the election isn't set by the Constitution. Only the counting of electors and the inauguration. The Executive branch alone can't delay the election it as the date is set by an act of Congress and followed by the states. The States though have a lot of control on the election and how they conduct them and the idea would be to sew more confusion on the election allowing states to bypass their own votes to send picked electors or get it to Congress. Again I'm just speculating so not saying this is a strong likelyhood but we know that Trump and the administration has already brought up bypassing the vote to have states submit their own electors.

Xerobull and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a ridiculous take on a pandemic that has killed 210,000 people. How is asking people to just social distance and wear a mask self righteous? OMG, the absurdity of that! Even if it is half that many people it's not too much to ask. Even months ago people were scared, and ridiculed and made fun of for thinking it was more than the flu! If concern over losing a family member is self righteous to you then you might need to think long and hard about what you call self righteous. These are people's lives we are talking about! Too many innocent people doing all they can to stay safe still can't even feel safe because of a bunch of selfish people who face no punishment if the virus they spread without a mask kills someone..

Can you imagine if a drunk driver killed your child and someone called you self righteous for being outraged? Why do we have that law? Same with any law meant to save lives. The only injustice is no stronger action taken against these as"holes who won't abide by mandates, and who won't enforce the laws with stricter punishments. A small fine isn't justice. To open up bars is downright criminal. To walk around leading a no mask stance as President is downright criminal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Donald Trump has a moderate case at onset he is going to be ****ed.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think taking glee or pleasure out of the deaths of those dying even if they didn't take the disease seriously is winning them over. We've had many stories of people who called it a hoax or downplayed it dying and it hasn't swung things. I mean Herman Cain died from it and we didn't see opinions change. In fact someone still kept on tweeting in Herman Cain's name.

I agree we need mandatory laws and polices. We needed these long ago.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Partly because kudrow is an egotistical blowhard who likes to appear on TV.

In this instance, he may be sharing more and more accurate info about trump however. trump may be sicker than initially communicated...

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Karma isn't just a supernatural phenomenon. Things like judges, law enforcement and prisons are considered as tools of Karma.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They're going to end up giving him something experimental that's going to further damage his health. Quite honestly, it's not sounding great right now, as it's early. Say he contracted this Saturday. That's 6 days, at most. Symptoms start to manifest and get worse right now. We'll know more by Sunday.

How crazy is it that in this day and age, that we've ignored a pandemic to the point to where we may not even be able to save the President's life from it? That's not the America I knew as a child, or my father's America.

"It is what it is", I guess. We'll see by Sunday or Monday.

My question though, is do we all trust the information being released?

Also, the next time I hear him referred to as "Sleepy Joe" or see questions about Joe's stamina or boasts about how much stamina Trump has, I'll laugh so hard at the idiot that says it.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

The President is being treated with a high dose of a Regeneron antibody cocktail.

Is this the normal treatment for someone with a mild case of Covid?

No Worries likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't a huge difference in our death rate per million and the UK, italy, and France. Our northeastern states are way above the national average but wishing death on those governors shouldn't cross anyone's mind. I am not surprised by the people who are wishing death to the president but it is disappointing nonetheless.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll sue China for his medical bills, even though he doesn't pay for his care.

vlaurelio, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes. His death though at something he's been calling a hoax and many of his supporters believe was engineered to take him down will feed into that.

RayRay10 likes this.