1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess that would have been, well, the right thing to do. Not something that could be expected from this white house...

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course not, this White House is toxic.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Interesting, considering earlier discussion here. I guess factors might include the prime minister's level of popularity compared to trump's among other factors...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm the most ashamed of women Trumpers. I consider Women far more rational at the end of the day than men. The thought that any woman could follow a misogynistic man who is cruel to children and women just blows my mind.

FrontRunner, mikol13, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will admit when I woke up and saw the announcement on my phone the first thing I thought was "dumbass"..

I personally though hope he doesn't get too sick and certainly don't wish him death. Besides personally not wishing that on anyone he is still the President and we are at a very difficult time for this country. More chaos and more uncertainly isn't good for this country.

Finally just another reminder this isn't a hoax, this isn't just going to go away, and this can affect everyone. Trump will have literally the best care in the World the rest of us if we get sick aren't going to get that.

FrontRunner, IBTL, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I doubt this will change the election much. Trump might garner some more sympathy but I think views of him are already hardened enough that I don't think opinions will change.

I saw a post earlier that I think sums up how a lot of people feel. "I don't want to see Trump die. I want to see him lose the election and go to prison."

vlaurelio, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

My only hope is he felt he had to say that as a trump loyalist and republican and doesn't really believe it for a minute.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

How someone with integrity and compassion responds...

mikol13, Reeko, Surfguy and 2 others like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's such a tired byline, you can do better.

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’m sure the White House will get a deep cleaning today.

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Burn it down and build it back better.

foh and RayRay10 like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Ploy to delay election.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he single handedly brought the country to it's most difficult time

Sajan and RayRay10 like this.
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am not one to entertain conspiracy theories but then again after what Trump has pulled I would not put anything by him , if he is sick I want him to get well, but it would not shock if he was doing this to get out of the next debate, try and postpone the election or use this as a way to garner support from voters on the fence......would he, could he use this as a way to come out in 2 weeks and apologize and say he was wrong and ask for forgiveness for the past 8 months.............who am I kidding, hell no he wont do that ;) Get Well Dude, spend the next 2 weeks packing

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The election is happening or Pelosi is president. I didn't make the rules, but I agreed to them by being born.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's a fact. He is the president and this is a very difficult time for the country.

Even more with Trump because of his mercurial style of governance there is no clear strategy or policy in his Administration. That means it is going to be difficult just to have Pence step in. Trump on the last big stimulus package actually helped get it passed by pushing reluctant Senators to agree to it. There are difficult negotiations on a new stimulus package right now and Trump might be needed to pass it.

I'm not shy in saying that Trump is a corrupt president and a con man. That still doesn't mean that incapacitating him suddenly or death is a good thing. The best thing for this country is an orderly transition of power. I already don't know if that will happen and uncertainly about who is in charge of the Administration makes it even harder.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I hope he and his wife recover fully as well.

18. NewRoxFan

For contrast...

FrontRunner, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming he already has hundreds of newly recovered Hispanic children in Border Patrol cages who have been sucked dry of plasma for him by now.

Because he is president they caught it it as soon as they did when he was asymptomatic and they are going to spare no expense throwing every treatment possible at him. Its not like your grandmother who thinks she has a cold waits to go to the hospital until she can't breathe anymore.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm not aware of anything that gives the President the power to delay the election. The election isn't a national but a series of state elections. The current date is set by Congress and the states follow. It would take Congress and the states to agree to delaying. Also votes are already being cast.

IBTL, Nook and RayRay10 like this.