1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump news: canceling ad buys in Ohio, NC, and FL (also news on Trump sexual assault tape)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The town hall format makes this evening's debate even more interesting. Of course, the questions will have been vetted beforehand, but you have to wonder how each of the candidates can handle a more intimate, (quasi) face-to-face question and answer. Many are assuming that Trump will get trounced again, but I don't think we should discount that his one real talent is in sales and showmanship. Maybe he can employ that skill to pivot to a more (seemingly) humane persona?

I don't see bluster playing well in a town hall with a lot of undecideds. In an arena full of rabid fans, it's easy to angrily yell at your base to get them riled up. I think that approach would play really poorly in a town hall.

Will he go on the attack or try to make a grand pivot to a new, nicer Drumpf?

2. MystikArkitect

There is a strong chance, based on previous comments such as this, that Trump has literally made moves on his daughter.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agree... I would not raise the point if possible. Just let it float over the audience, since most everyone knows the story. Do your best to deflect any questions, play the statesman-like "above that" as best you can. Only bring it out if needed. Let the media and post debate spokespeople discuss it afterwards.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you say you dont think anyone is excusing it, then you proceed to try and excuse it.

i have never been around "men" who brag about sexually assaulting women. i play in a band with 6 other dudes and we never talk about women like trump and billy bush did. and if any of my bandmates talked about grabbing womens p*****s i can assure you they would be immediately kicked out of my band. that is not the kind of "man" i want to be around.

as a man im offended that other "men" out there think this is normal. "men" that talk this way are not men...they are stupid little boys.

what "conservative principles" are trump advocating? moral issues aside, what policies are trump advocating that are "conservative"?

#284 jo mama, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    bobmarley likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing about his daughter is even more disgusting. When I saw that I thought "Okay, they cut the quote so it couldn't have been that bad..." yet it was. He let Stern say that about his daughter and the only thing he said was yeah. What kind of father lets another dude talk about his daughter in that way?

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Kellyanne Conway quit the campaign?

Also, WashPo is saying Pence's team is still furious about this.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

stern did not say anything about ivanka that trump himself has not said. trump has repeatedly stated how much he wants to date his daughter and how if he was not her father he would want to have sex with her.

8. NewRoxFan

when I told my wife (a republican, btw) about the tape about assaulting women she was upset, but when I told her about the Stern with comments about his own daughter she was sickened. She was leaning towards voting for Clinton... now she is for sure.

9. NewRoxFan

The funny thing... those supporting Trump because of his "conservative" positions really need to re-look at his positions. And as a Christian, it saddens me that so many Christians automatically gravitate towards Trump. He claims to be a Christian, but he only appears to have become one after running for the presidency, and when asked can't even name a church he regularly attends. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is a life long United Methodist, (same denomination as me), belongs to and regularly attends a church, and speaks frequently about her religious beliefs.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Seeing reports that RNC head Riece Priebus has cancelled all TV appearances and told staff they are free to do what is best for them.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a GOP free for all. I'm a little disappointed they didn't save this tape until closer to the election. Then you'd really see some crazy stuff. At least now these GOP Trumpanzees have time to cut their support of Trump and try to save their seats.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We know that there are more tapes that exist. We don't know what they say, but they could continue to keep releasing tapes and the ones they release closer to the election might be even worse.

Nobody really knows.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, and I mean it is truly sad, some people have so intertwined politics and religion in a way that I believe is detrimental to both. At this point for a certain population it is a conditioned response.

I say this without being a fan of Hillary's, but she did go to China and speak out for women's rights there. That is a Christian message. Trump has never done anything so Christian or used his position to advance a Christian message in the same way at all. That is only one example.

That being said, I don't know the private lives of either of these two or what is in their hearts. So I'll have to go by the fruits they produce. Hillary produces far more Christian fruits so far than Trump.

London'sBurning likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/trump-clinton-sex-then-vs-now/index.html

Speaking with Wolf Blitzer in November 1999 in video reviewed by CNN's KFile, Trump said Hillary Clinton had been through more public controversy than any women should have to bear.
    "I think she's gone through terrible times," Trump told Blitzer in the interview. "I think she's been through more than any woman should have to bear — everything public. I mean, women go through this on a private basis and can't take it, she's on the front page of every newspaper every week with what went on in Washington."
    A month before, in an interview with CNBC, Trump expressed a similar sentiment about Hillary Clinton and blasted the independent investigator Ken Starr as "a total wacko."
    "I think she's a very, very good person," Trump said of Clinton. "I think she's had a very tough life the last few years. I mean, what could be tougher than that? I mean, can you imagine those evenings when he's just being lambasted by this crazy Ken Starr, who is a total wacko? There's the guy. I mean, he is totally off his rocker. And can you imagine being lambasted like that all day and then saying, 'Darling, what are we having for dinner?' It's gotta be pretty tough."
    Trump also repeatedly dismissed and at times mocked Bill Clinton's accusers.
    In a 2008 interview with CNN, Trump called the Lewinsky scandal "totally unimportant" and said it was "nonsense" that Republicans tried to impeach him.
    In another interview, with CNBC in 1998 and first unearthed by the Washington Post, Trump called Clinton accuser Paula Jones "a loser." In August 1998, Trump again dismissed Jones, and said Bill Clinton was actually the victim.
    "I don't necessarily agree with his victims," Trump said to Fox News' Neil Cavuto in a clipuncovered earlier in the year by the "Daily Beast." "His victims are terrible. He is, he is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position."
    "These people are just, I don't know, where he met them - where he found them," Trump continued. "But the whole group — it's truly an unattractive cast of characters. Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, I mean, this woman, I watch her on television. She is so bad. The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical."
    The Trump campaign did not return a request for comment.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Just wow. What say you, Trump Groupies?

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

SHILARY FLIP FLOPS TOO!
    *angrily types infowars.com into keyboard*

Deckard likes this.
  17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lord, I hope y'all see this before the debate. If there was any doubt that this will be a shitshow of epic proportions...

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OH LAWD! Donald trump long hair don't care! Four Bill Clinton accusers will be in the debate hall tonight. Oh boy.. WOW. Trump setting fire to the political process.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is no longer about winning this election. This is purely about humiliating the Clintons and going out on his terms aka protecting his brand

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Trump has this in the bag.