1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump news: canceling ad buys in Ohio, NC, and FL (also news on Trump sexual assault tape)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Pence brought this on himself. Kasich, who was the first choice, did NOT accept the VP spot - and I will enjoy casting a write-in vote for either him or Deez Nuts come November.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I know people keep saying this but this isn't actually possible. In many states, early voting is already started. People have voted for president with a ballot that has Donald Trump as the Republican nominee. Also ballots have already been printed. At best, the RNC could get someone as a write in candidate but Trump will still be on the ballot.

If you remember the whole Tom Delay fiasco, he withdrew but the Republican Party couldn't actually replace him. The ballots were already in circulation (and Delay dropped out before early voting). Delay ended up staying on the ballot.

This whole thing is over. Trump is the Republican nominee and that physically cannot change. At best the RNC can organize a write in campaign in all 50 states but good luck with that (especially in Texas with straight ticket voting).

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it wouldn't be about trying to win the election, that wasn't a possibility once they nominated Trump to begin with. The reason to do it is to try and limit the fallout due to Trump being the national embarrassment that he is. It would be an attempt to distance themselves from him with the hope of possibly not losing both the house and the senate.

The GOP put themselves in this awful position, so the goal would be to try and limit the damage.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oh for sure. There are some people who think they can outright replace him on the ballot which isn't possible so I just wanted to clarify that.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now more audio is coming out form the Howard Stern Show. This stuff has been out there; it should have come out earlier. I guess "journalists" are finally figuring out that Trump could really be president.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, you just hold that kind of stuff till right before the election so you can sink one party entirely. If this stuff came out months ago, Trump wouldn't have been the nominee. Democrats REALLY wanted Trump to be the Republican nominee, it's just about the only way Hillary was going to win.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Normally, I'd say, "Oh, come on.." but now? I mean, one month before election and this comes out? You're probably right. - except about the last statement. I'm not sure Cruz would be a shoo-in to beat her, nor Rubio. Maybe, but not a slam-dunk.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm going to dress like Trump for halloween because I can grab them by the p***y.

Pity the females.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Republicans would have had just as easy access to this information. If it was known 5 months ago, they could have released it then and derailed his nomination if they wanted.

Besides, intentionally releasing big news on a Friday is a big no-no from a political opportunism perspective.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The problem with Rubio and politics and government is - he is not good at politics or governing.

That's how you finish 4th despite tons of resources.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think RL has some used orange glow tan for sale on his ebay storefront.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

I'm not sure you comprehend how unlikable Ted Cruz is. That was your 2nd option.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bill Clinton is NOT running for president. Voters don't care about Bill when it comes to Hillary.

Bringing up anything about Bill, that doesn't relate to something that Hillary did while the first lady, is utter stupidity.

But then again, so was nominating Donald Trump to headline your ticket.

No wonder that party is falling apart.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The way the Republican Party is running, they'll probably nominate Barney, the Purple Dinosaur.

He'll be the perfect anti-Trump candidate.

I love you.....you love me....

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It didn't work out so poorly with the debate so close though.

16. Major

Major Member

That depends. Having the debate right there gives Trump a chance to change the news story before the weekend ever ends. Ideally, you want it right after a bad debate for Hillary or even just when there's no major opportunity coming up where he can fix things. It's unlikely Trump takes advantage, but having the debate tomorrow gives him a chance to address 80 million people directly and try to salvage things.

CometsWin likes this.
  17. dandorotik

Or, having an even bigger meltdown.

18. Major

Major Member

Certainly - but if I were Hillary's political strategist, I want this to linger as long as possible. I want the fewest potential game-changers from this point on, and the debate tomorrow is a possible one. She says something stupid, he pulls off a miracle, etc. I'd much rather release it after the debate. If she does well, wait until after a few good days of coverage. If she does poorly, do it Monday morning. It being released on a Friday suggests that the campaign had nothing to do with it.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There might be more...and worse, coming though.

20. dandorotik

Absolutely, I would tell her not to even bring up the video. Let him be the first to bring up Bill's affairs, have her say, I'm not going to respond to that, I want to talk about the issues... - there's enough of a background with her husband that they could make a case of "don't criticize me for the things your husband did..." - I don't know, I say you just completely avoid it if you are her. Let him bury himself on his lack of knowledge.

Then again, if the audience is asking the questions...