1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump makes an offer on Islamic center site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by trueroxfan, Sep 10, 2010.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

Let me enlighten you with some teachings of the Quran....this s what they will be teaching in that mosque... (BTW - we are infidels)

"It is the same whether or not you forwarn them [the unbelievers], they will have no faith" (2:6).
    "God will mock them and keep them long in sin, blundering blindly along" (2:15).
    A fire "whose fuel is men and stones" awaits them (2:24).
    They will be "rewarded with disgrace in this world and with grievous punishment on the Day of Resurrection" (2:85).
    "God's curse be upon the infidels!" (2:89).
    "They have incurred God's most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits [them]" (2:90).
    "God is the enemy of the unbelievers" (2:98).
    "The unbelievers among the People of the Book [Christians and Jews], and the pagans, resent that any blessing should have been sent down to you from your Lord" (2:105).
    "They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter" (2:114).
    "Those to whom We [God] have given the Book, and who read it as it ought to be read, truly believe in it; those that deny it shall assuredly be lost" (2:122).
    "[We] shall let them live awhile, and then shall drag them to the scourge of the Fire. Evil shall be their fate" (2:126).
    "The East and the West are God's. He guides whom He will to a straight path" (2:142).
    "Do not say that those slain in the cause of God are dead. They are alive, but you are not aware of them" (2:154).
    "But the infidels who die unbelievers shall incur the curse of God, the angels, and all men. Under it they shall remain for ever; their punishment shall not be lightened, nor shall they be reprieved" (2:162).
    "Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is worse than carnage. . . . f they attack you put them to the sword. Thus shall the unbelievers be rewarded: but if they desist, God is forgiving and merciful. Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme. But if they desist, fight none except the evil-doers"(2:190-93).
    "Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. But you may hate a thing although it is good for you, and love a thing although it is bad for you. God knows, but you know not" (2:216).
    "They will not cease to fight against you until they force you to renounce your faith-if they are able. But whoever of you recants and dies an unbeliever, his works shall come to nothing in this world and in the world to come. Such men shall be the tenants of Hell, wherein they shall abide forever. Those that have embraced the Faith, and those that have fled their land and fought for the cause of God, may hope for God's mercy" (2:217-18).

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Dude he knows 9/11 victims... He's an expert.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

really? ur gonna link me to the "honorable" LOL Louis Farrakhan??? The same Louis Farrakhan that hates all jews?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

you hate all Muslims too right?

was NOI even remotely involved in 911 yes or no?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

can you put a link to your source or do you have a Quran in front of you?

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

look kid, we all know you went to war....but that doesnt make u an expert on anything either...and then next time a bunch of people holding bibles fly a plane into a bulding with the intention of killing infidels, start a thread and ill post in it so u can say I told ya so

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

look kid... thats why only a few take the words of the quran or the bible literally.

You wanna know what happens when you believe in the Old Testiment literally word for word? You get..... The Westboro Babtist Church. Unfortunately I had to deal with those bastards in one of my fellow Marine's funeral.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That has nothing to do with the Mosque being built

The deaths of people who died in that attack are not reasons. Some of those people were Muslims as well.
    According the terrorist group that planned and carried out the attack the Mosque being built would be fundamentally opposed to their goals.

It is odd that you choose to interpret the Quran the exact same way as the terrorists did who attacked on 9/11 and not like the other billion Muslims who condemned the attacks do.

Strange indeed for someone who claims to want to honor those that died.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

I like how the Quran passages you linked conveniently have sentences with brackets that almost always reference some type of infidel?

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Does it have to happen recently. Ask a Native American what he thinks about "Manifest Destiny" and that it came from god.... Or how Bush went to war with a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11 because he said god told him to do it.... How many Iraqi civilians died there? Im pretty sure more than 3000.

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

seeing as how Hamas leaders and other muslim extremists preach about the nation of islam and its teachings, i would yes, to a small extent

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

maybe not to you

link?

13. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

was wondering how long it would take u to turn this into an anti bush thing....anyway, im not here to defend his actions bc i dont 100% agree w him but again, u are missing the point of the argument as most of you are.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

just curious, did you see Restrepo?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

no i haven't... Seems like a nice documentary. I was in a different ao. We were in Marjah. The Taliban there loved to harass the local villagers. Our mission was to rid the village of the Taliban and protect and help the local populace.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

you are missing the point of my argument. Both Christianity and Islam can be blamed for the deaths of innocence. Both religions were spread by the sword at one point or another. Luckily majority of the followers of both religions grasp the main idea of both books and practice the positive teaches that both books offer. My example about Bush is nothing more than to give you an example and discredit your idea that Islam is the only religion that can be twisted to preach hate and killing of innocent life.

17. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

im not missing ur point...im just not here to argue about it....the point of this thread is to debate the merits of whether or not its insensitive to build a new mosque so close to ground zero...not about whether Bush had merits to go to war. However, while you may be right about Christianity in terms of historical referrences, (i dont know...im not christian and i dont know much about the bible).....its the Muslims who have seemingly gone back to primative times in terms of living by the Quran...not anyone else

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Again you are the one who is forcing this. It was an example. Should churches not be built near reservations?

19. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

not sure i understand the analogy

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Native Americans were almost wiped out because of Manifest destiny which many believe had a religious aspect to the idea.... A Christian aspect.