1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump makes an offer on Islamic center site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by trueroxfan, Sep 10, 2010.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You also might be misguided in who you direct your anger at if you blame Islam or Muslims in general for that attack.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

LOL...oh yeah, i forgot it was an inside job

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so it's either you're with us or against us?

what's up GW?

4. Major

Major Member

How many are opposed - far less than 0.5% have come out in opposition, yet you use that to justify the move. More 9/11 families have publicly come out in support than in opposition. What this really is is simply that you're opposed and you're wrapping yourself in the 9/11 families as justification for your views. Unfortunately for you, the reality doesn't support your sentiment.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

I highly doubt its far less but Ill agree to disagree since we have no real poll that has been taken

Most people arent as politically incorrect as I am....and most of those families have much bigger fish to fry than to stand on a soapbox denoucing a mosque....all that said, there must be enuf people that complained, who are MUCH closer to the situation than you or I, or else this whole debate would have never come to pass...I certainly didnt start the fire.

6. jo mama

jo mama Member

so you find a muslim 'community center' w/ a public pool that everyone can use offensive, but its ok to have strippers, hookers and drug use w/in a few blocks of ground zero? what about any muslim strippers? is it ok for them to work near ground zero?

ive been and it is nice. its also very compact - again, if you say no muslims w/in 1 mile of ground zero that basically means no muslims south of houston st. go look at a map. maybe chinatown would be ok?

good to hear - me too!

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've never maintained it was an inside job. But I'm ignorant enough to believe it was Islam or Muslims in general that caused it either. It was a very minute group of extremist terrorists who in no way represent mainstream Islam that caused it.

There is no reason why a Mosque/community center shouldn't be built a couple blocks away from ground zero. The Community center and mosque there stand against everything those terrorists believed in that attacked on 9/11

8. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

again, while hookers and strippers may be offensive to some, the whole point is to be sensitive towards the families of the 9-11 heroes. ill just assume u dont understand this point from here on

i worked at the trade center for 11 years...maybe YOU should look at a map

9. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

who happened to be Muslims and screaming Allah Achbar or whatever the hell those people chant before they blow themsleves and others up

there are actually 2,973 reasons

not according to the Quran that they will be praying with

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

lol... who said I forgave the attackers... I just don't misguide my anger to the wrong people... like you do...

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

who do u blame for the attacks?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

omg... they chant god is great.... so what? I'm not just going to dismiss all my Muslim friends and grow a hatred for them... Compared to many on this bored they are way more morally sound than you will ever be.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The hijackers and the organization that trained and funded them

14. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

this isnt about dismissing Muslim friends...its about having enough sense to understand why people are offended that an Islamic mosque, where they pray with a Quran, which preaches death to infidels, shouldnt be built 2 blocks from ground zero

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

NJRocket, maybe its because I have a better insight on the lives of ordinary Afghan civilians. You would be one disappointed dude if you lived among them for a while. You probably think they are savages who would love to have the US fall. Im sorry to disappoint but most of these villagers do not give a **** about what goes on outside their village. They try to live theirs lives day to day and struggle to do so. If you think you have a reason to be pissed off well you should know them. They have lost loved one for the past half century to foreign invaders. Yet they have surprisingly high spirits and were very hospitable.

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

i.e Muslim extremists and representatives of the Nation of Islam

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I have never been in a mosque where the imam ever mentioned death to infidels... I guess I'm lucky. I'm pretty sure you have better insight than me on this issue since you are a knowledgeable expert on this issue :rolleyes:

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Unless you believe that the mosque being built next to ground zero is from Muslim extremists than I do not see why you should complain?

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

do you even know WTF you are talking about?

http://www.noi.org/

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

look kid... According to the Bible I'm going to be damned in eternal hell fire. That is preaching hate and if you do not see it you are blind. I'm pretty sure the old testament is even worse. Both the Quran and the Bible have been used as weapons to slay down enemies in the past. You can't escape division and hatred with organized religion. Fortunately majority of Christians and Muslims focus on the better parts of their respective books.