1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump is Said to Select Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board Seat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Quote: "The more toppings a man has on his pizza, I believe the more manly he is…. Because the more manly man is not afraid of abundance.... A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables! He would call that a sissy pizza."

Reaction: Ok.....

Quote: "A poet once said, 'Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line.'"

Reaction: Google the quote and you realize that these words of wisdom were uttered not by a poet, but by Pokémon: The Movie 2000.

Quote: "We need a leader, not a reader."

Reaction: Cain actually lifted this line from the fictionalized "President Schwarzenegger" in The Simpsons Movie.

It isn't the worst person Trump has appointed by a long shot. However I have to say that Cain is hard to take serious a lot of the time.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, Americans are holding the most debt in American history. A larger and larger percentage of purchases are done on credit rather than actual disposal income. That isn't healthy at all .

DaDakota and Nook like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His time in Kansas would be a minimum requirement. The fact that he doesn't have the educational background has proposed the gold standard and the 9-9-9 plan easily erases that. At best he's +1, -1 which equals zero. Zero is not being qualified to run the Fed.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump's the Plain Jane who hangs around fat chicks to make herself more confident at night clubs.

adoo and Nook like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Wasn’t the economy growing very rapidly in the first half 2018, I think we reached +4% for the 1st or 2nd quarter off the top of my head.

How much of that decline was the trade war ramping up and the rising costs associated?

How much of that was economic bell weathers such as FedEx lowering 2019 guidance due to slowing global growth?

I don’t discount the shock of so many rate hikes but it seems it’s more complicated than just the Fed.

Seems the market has priced in a China deal in 2019. Meanwhile manufacturing activity has been slowing, probably due to the trade war.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That’s all I was looking for. Calm rational discussion about Cain and not hysterics. I agree that he doesn’t make much sense for the Fed, especially considering he would be 87 if he actually got approved and finished his entire term. There are many other younger and more qualified people.

Os Trigonum and JuanValdez like this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/beigebook201903.htm

Feel free to read thru that. The impact of the tariffs has been minimal and inflation is still tame. Concern about tariffs and future trade is noted but the actual impact is not major.

The deficits are another issue that I agree are a major problem in the medium term and beyond. Spending cuts/minimizing growth will be necessary and that is something the Repubs always promise but never do. You are correct that the most dangerous thing that is happening under Trump is the budget deficits but everyone seems to only care about the more attention grabbing random outrages of the day.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

BamBam, robbie380 and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think he actually said that quote was from Pokemon himself.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Relative to other nominees (DeVos for example), he is less unqualified, but he's clearly unqualified in my book.

If I'm to ignore his gimmick, then I can't ignore that's he a guy that do gimmicky stuff. I can't take him seriously. That's disqualifying.

If I'm not to ignore his gimmick, then I can't take him seriously. That's disqualifying.

Age never play a part for me. So what if he die in 2 years. Next up.

robbie380 likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I think he eventually did.

It is just a little odd.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Were you replying to someone else? I don’t understand how that relates to what I posted

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

IIRC he had a good singing voice.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Background checks? We have already found that they aren't important...

17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Maybe the white liberal is telling them how to think, and how to respond. White liberals should not speak for black liberals.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen any black liberals claiming white liberals were speaking for them, or telling them how to think and respond.

MiddleMan likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trump nominates crap candidates because no one with any integrity wants anything to do with him. If you could give good rational advice and direction, Trump doesn't want to hear it. If you have some credibility, he will destroy it. If you are the least bit popular, you are a competitor to be marginalized.
    So we get idiots, incompetents and sycophants.

TheFreak likes this.