1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. raining threes

How is what I posted rude. I'm sorry you took my post this way. If you're offended by the perceived tone of my post I apologize. But I wont apologize for the content of my post It's spot on.

2. raining threes

You should be mad at RBG for not retiring when Obama was POTUS. Not Coney-Barrett

3. raining threes

Doesn't there need to be a reason for a POTUS to be impeached and haven't the Dems been down this useless rabbit hole before. It appears that Nancy learned from the last sham. If this was to happen Trump will win the POTUS again.

Corrosion, ROXRAN and Wattafan like this.
  4. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Another one?

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“Faced with two plausible readings of a law, fact, or precedent, Barrett always seems to choose the harsher, stingier interpretation.

Can job applicants sue employers whose policies have a disproportionately deleterious impact on older people? Barrett said no.

Should courts halt the deportation of an immigrant who faced torture at home? Barrett said no.

Should they protect refugees denied asylum on the basis of xenophobic prejudice? Barrett said no.

Should they shield prisoners from unjustified violence by correctional officers? Barrett said no.

Should minors be allowed to terminate a pregnancy without telling their parents if a judge has found that they’re mature enough to make the decision? Barrett said no.

Should women be permitted to obtain an abortion upon discovering a severe fetal abnormality? Barrett said no.”

Sounds like a hypocrite to me and she shouldn’t be anywhere near the Supreme Court. Practicing Catholic my ass...

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

just a joke about democrats resorting to stunts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

lol you are strange bird that contradicts themselves literally a couple of posts later. raining 3s my man.

so now we have established she is pro life and likely try to overturn roe v wade again its about pro life or pro choice. if you are pro choice you fight tooth and nail to stop this and hope biden wins and if you are pro life this is closest you will ever get and you try to distract and bring up constitution and anything else

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

https://www.vox.com/21456044/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-roe-abortion

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

"Pro life" is inborn in every one of us.
    29 states including California, have the "fetal homicide" law.

10. NewRoxFan

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

barrett on the Affordable Care Act:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/26/amy-coney-barrett-railed-on-abortion-health-care-rights/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...y-barrett-s-past-critiques-obamacare-n1241191

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. raining threes

She said she would follow the laws on the books and not make up new laws. That's not pro life even if she believes in the sanctity of life.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want a woman on the Supreme Court. That is it. With their brittle bones and emotional irrational decisions? How will the country survive? Imagine if a case happens when she's on her cycle? The nation and Constitution will be in real trouble. We need people that understand their roles and know how to do their job rationally without emotions or ego getting in the way. Just like our President!

#73 FranchiseBlade, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    RayRay10 and raining threes like this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I feel bad for her and her family because that is a real thing that is already happening. Not a fanciful fear mongering scare tactic designed to get people to riot and burn down their cities.

cml750 likes this.
  15. raining threes

Lol I like your sense of humor

cml750 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

lil' marco pretends it's because Democrats hate Catholics...

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You get fed scare tactics about migrants and Muslims etc. Do you riot?

If you think it just takes "fear" to push people to riot, then I suggest examining yourself. You aren't desperate. I'm assuming you aren't living paycheck to paycheck. I'm assuming you don't get harrased routinely having your property such as your vehicle routinely searched because of a frame on your license plate so on and so forth.

Honestly half the country having your mindset of not even attempting to listen to these neighborhoods and assuming they are playing victim is just going to have the country spiral downward.

I under how rural Americans eventually resorted to Trump. The last 50 years has seen them median household income adjusted barely rise and median household debt adjusted skyrocket in that same time frame. This tightens wallets which leads to increased frustration which leads to increased tensions which leads to bad faith actors turning that tension and frustration towards migrants, Muslim, Mexicans, Blacks etc. Frustrated people are more willing to listen to more extremist rhetoric. On top of this you had major pharmaceutical companies wreck rural communties even more with the opioid crisis. Of course these people are going to be frustrated. That opens up opportunities for individuals like Trump or Bernie to express their populist message.

Have to figure out how to reverse that trend. Have a little empathy for these neighborhoods. Don't assume all their frustration is manufactured by media.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

I lean conservative.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh so you do praise previous rioters like the brave men at the Boston Tea Party.

20. Bandwagoner

please fchowd, you are better than this.

Do better, like when you accused me of having a plantation mindset wanting to own slaves.