1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

BARRET!!
    BARRET!!!!
    U OWE ME A FAVOR!!!!
    BIGLY!!!

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a Republican turned Democrat, this is one topic I fully agree with. If there is any chance you are pregnant take a test. If you wait 15 weeks to find out then give the baby up for adoption if you can't care for it or simply don't want it.

basso and No Worries like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it's more complex, and sadly so for many families.
    https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/m...ing-as-late-term-abortion-here-are-the-facts/

A strict law about 15 weeks could force a woman to carry a nearly-unviable or actually-unviable fetus to term. Also, data from TX suggests that closing abortion clinics has led to more later abortions and women have trouble finding services when they sought abortions early in the pregnancy. It's not always "waiting 15 weeks to find out." And sometimes, you do have to wait to find out about critical chromosomal problems or serious threats to a mother's health.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the fetus puts a woman's health at risk, then I agree.

basso and No Worries like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not picking a fight here ... but ...

Miscarriages can happen after 15 weeks, right? What is the viability of a preemie born at 15 weeks?

For some reason, 24 weeks is the line of sand. Miscarriage become stillbirth. Most doctors define the age of viability as being about 24 weeks of gestation.

:shrug:

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess she wasn't fully Trump's b****?