1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. what

what Member

I think she is cute, but I also think her mindset to have an inordinate amount of kids makes me less attracted to her.
    I think her knowledge and her thought process is remarkable which I like.
    I also think that she didn't do so good when asked about her knowledge of Donald Trump's opinion about the ACA. She flat out dodged that question mainly because she didn't want the contextual criticism: that people would put two and two together.
    But again the question was a little bit disingenuous because it was conflating Trump's opinions with her own opinions which I don't believe she believes that way.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Leave the Astros out of it gawdemit !

5. Nook

Nook Member

She can say that all she wants...... and it even has a certain degree of credibility. However the problem is after the 2016 no vote and now shoving through a nominee in 2020.... the gloves are off...... so in good faith the democrats can run adds saying that Barrett will support the Citizen's United Ruling, she is prejudiced against the LGBT community, that she will vote to outlaw abortion and she will support any effort's Trump has in stealing the election........ if she wants to complain about it, she will have another 5-6 new Supreme Court Justices to cry to in the next couple of years.... With DC and PR getting statehood, it is only proper that the number of SCOTUS Justices increase.... besides, we should all support the wisdom of Abraham Lincoln when he called for the expansion of the court by adding 5 justices to ensure they sided with him politically.

6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and IBTL like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

barrett seemed to stumble when asked what the five freedoms were... she missed our freedom to protest.

Deckard likes this.
  10. AB

AB Contributing Member

WTF is he talking!!!

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

That sassy dude is just upset that his state sucks too much to have a professional sports team.

jiggyfly and ROXRAN like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And I disagree with you, but that's OK. We're still a democracy. I hope that's true after the upcoming election. I am not nearly as sanguine about Barrett and this entire process as you are.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will Senator Cruz defend Houston’s honor against this thug?

jiggyfly, adoo and Deckard like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Troll harder. That is even weak from you

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

Go Astros! Haters gonna hate !

AleksandarN and Deckard like this.
  16. ROXRAN

Btw respect to senator Booker, he is being as fair as possible while still being true to his political leanings unlike that Hawaii senator. My goodness she is evil chit

17. what

what Member

Mazzie Hirono has been one of the best senators to call out ACBs bs. Mazzie is clearly as intelligent and understands her material far more than most other senators. Corey Booker has also been good at getting points out of Amy's stonewalling. The fact that ACB has not read one book about racial bias, has never had to stand in lines longer than a few minutes speaks about her privilege or her compunction for lying. How do you have two adopted children from an impovished country, and be as smart as she is and not be informed on this issue.
    But by far Mazzie has broken varnish on the gold plating that is ACB. She did it yesterday and today, and the fact that you mentioned her seems like she has made a conservative like yourself a bit uneasy.
    Deal with it. Amy Barrett has flaws.

#337 what, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Seems that unless barrett expects the trump policy of separating children from their parents to eventually be brought in front of the USSC you would have to wonder about her evading this simple question of right and wrong...

19. adoo

adoo Member

the honorable senator from Hawaii, Maxine Hirono has performed masterfully, exposing the intellectual dishonesty that is ACB

#339 adoo, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. NewRoxFan

Another dodge...