1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

I guess barrett wasn't expecting anyone to actually fact check her when she made that claim...

B-Bob likes this.
  3. what

what Member

It is 7 kids I learned, but still. It is still a mindset that I don't agree with.

4. what

what Member

I think the supreme court is certainly being politicized, but Amy Coney Barrett has still impressed me with her reasonings if even I might not agree with her.
    I am certainly a lifelong center-to-slightly left democrat, but I am also a pragramtic thinker, which is why I seem to respect Barrett, because she is just like that: she and I are both genxers which I think contribute to the common ground.

#284 what, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  5. NewRoxFan

Apparently barrett doesn't think its against the law to intimidate people at polling locations...

dookiester and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. what

what Member

That's not exactly what she said. She said she could not make a statement about a hypothetical. However, when ted cruz asked her his cooked up hypotheticals she answered no problem to basic hypotheticals.
    The point is that she is a conservative judge who the Dems don't like, but she is far from crazy Brett kavanaugh.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You just think she's cute. Let's say she is a What7 on the scale where KellyAnne is a What10.

On the serious, she presents herself better than Kav-bro, but I don't think her answers are much better. As you noted, she has a very partisan mindset to the hearings instead of just answering the questions -- no matter who asks them -- as if she were free of an "agenda," to use her word.

9. NewRoxFan

Hmm...

But, she will go though a process...

B-Bob likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Again... the only senators bringing up barrett's religion are... republicans.

11. NewRoxFan

re: her signature on the anti-AvR ad...

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. what

what Member

She is certainly cute, but that isn't why I like her. I feel her thought process is similar to mine.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

all she’s been giving is a bunch of non-answers and deflections...it doesn’t matter tho

Does anyone think she won’t get pushed through? All anyone can do is complain about it on Twitter

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. what

what Member

She has not being doing that. She has been answering what she could within the scope of what isn't a legal decision.
    In fact, I find her the grown up in the room with children.
    She is making Republicans look better than they are, and she has made most of the democrats look silly who come after her.
    A few Dems and her have had very interesting exchanges, so much so that they can only attack the process not her.
    I feel.as if some Dems will end up voting for her and it won't be straight partisan.
    Again the only thing I have against her is her flowering the earth with her babies that I know we'd have odds with.
    5 biological kids is ridiculous, in my opinion.

#294 what, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Has her quote from 2016 in which she said that not only the seat shouldn't be filled in an election year, but that it shouldn't be filled with someone so diametrically opposed to the person they're replacing come up at all?

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. what

what Member

After listening to Amy Barrett all day today, I am 100% on board with her confirmation. She has impressed me thoroughly.
    I am not cool with how this came about, nor am I happy about the rush to confirm her, but anybody that has listened to her today and isn't impressed with her is I don't know what. She is fantastic, in my opinion.
    I certainly don't think she is going to repeal the ACA, nor will she do any favors for trump. Trump may have miscalculated this one.

ROXRAN likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I don't think there was any chance republican senators were not going to vote for her (party before country). So Democrats on the senate should have been looking at underscoring the impact on the court, and upcoming rulings on affordable care act and RvW as a discussion point for the upcoming elections.

18. what

what Member

I don't think Republicans are doing ****, she is doing everything. She is just making a whole lot of sense.
    I do think she is effectively separating herself from trump and doing it exceptionally. She isn't helping trump at all.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hopefully ACB will be the push needed to get rid of all these unconstitutional laws created post-Heller.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I have liberal friends who told me they are impressed so that tells me something...she might be one of the smartest legal minds in this generation.

kavanaugh notes compared to ACB