1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump gave $25k donation (bribe) to Pam Bondi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it's adorable that you seemingly believe yourself to be intelligent.

As to "touting party line", I wouldn't know, as I said, I'm not a Republican and I don't know what their "party line" even is. If the Republicans happen to be right and agree with me about something that's great, but it doesn't make me a Republican. I don't support either major party...which you would know if you paid any attention whatsoever. I consider them to be one horribly fiscally irresponsible party, and one that is even worse than that.

2. dmoneybangbang

Bless your heart....

You're the one that keeps running away and changing the subject.... Chess isn't for everyone lol Bobby....

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is funny that you are such a partisan hack that you seem to think simple political conversation is a game, frequently going to the "playing chess" or "playing checkers" line, it kind of puts your nonsense in context. I highly doubt you even believe half the BS you spout, you're just trying to play games....and you aren't terribly good at it.

Anyway, keep playing kids games if you feel like it but be quiet so the grown folk can talk.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean like that game you play by making things up without ever producing any facts???

So what was the example of corruption you had for Hillary?

Oh right, you couldn't produce a single one.

Bobby - you aren't a partisan hack, you are just a lying phony.

5. dmoneybangbang

I just know when you are deflecting and it's pointless to have a discussion when you are doing so kiddo.

Feel free to pick up where you left at anytime...... Remember.... It's YOU who keeps running away....

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Once....fine. Twice....its a pattern. Gave money to Greg Abbott after he dropped the lawsuit. Trump is dirty. #DirtyDonald.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

"run away" that dude will post (total posts) you into oblivion.

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Conviction of corruption means the game is over. The Clintons are still playing the game so they haven't been convicted. If you do a little research into the pay to play idea you will see that they don't even deny it. Are you asking for a conviction, because Hillary Clinton is the only person I know that gets to delete and hide evidence in a federal investigation and the entire country knows that she did and it isn't a problem. She sent classified emails from a personal email server which is illegal, we all know it is true but she is not in jail. She lied bold faced to the entire country about all of this.

I would think with all the screaming you do about racial inequality in the justice system this would be a problem for you.

Hillary is a crook and a liar and there is not one person in this country or the rest of the developed world that doesn't know this as fact.

Feel free to continue your search for a technicality but we both know if you had done what she has done you would be in jail. Something is corrupt, maybe it isn't Hillary it's just the system...

1 person likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

To be fair, its innocent until proven guilty... even if the establishment strong arms the judicial system into not doing their jobs.

Liberals are perfectly ok with this. Afterall, they never had respect for the Constitution in the first place.

10. okierock

I agree with the idea of innocent until proven guilty but Hillary is innocent because nobody in the justice system nor half the country seems to care if she is guilty. Pretty cool deal for her.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes. Yes. You would think #BLM would be all over this. Clearly the white and wealthy get a free pass from the law. If it were a black person, no mercy would have been given.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Corruption implies money was used in an unscrupulous way in return for a favor against the public interest.

All I am asking is for one example of this with Clinton. For some reason when I asked this question - it provokes nasty responses and a lot of replies where people are saying if you don't see it you're just blind...yet no one can point to a single instance.

Clinton is held to a higher standard that Trump and to her husband - people just admitted this. Studies show that women are held to higher standards in the work place and that their mistakes are remembered longer and amplified compared to their male counterpart.

That appears to be the case here. Trump is clearly corrupt and there are several instances that demonstrate this - you can point to specific examples like this payment to Pam Bondi. But where are these instances with Clinton?

Having classified information emailed to your account on your personal email server was a terrible mistake and she handled the whole thing terribly and deserves criticism for it - but it's not the same thing as corruption.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I love how you defense for Trump is that BLM isn't attacking Hillary.

Just goes to show how dishonest of a debater you are

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How's pretending to be a an independent going my demented friend? Your posts seems stupid and stupider.

Let us know where the bottom of the pit is so we know what to expect.

15. okierock

There are a few in the BLM movement who are very much all over this. Some people are waking to the idea that the democrats have done a very good job of expanding control of the poor to their own benefit. The ones who are not waking to this fact are perfectly fine being dependent on the government and voting for candidates who would like to continue creating dependencies and the votes that come with them.

Freedom is only an advantage to those willing to exercise it.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really like libertarianism in general, and don't care much for Johnson, but I don't think I've ever seen someone put so much thought and effort into opposing him.

I'm not saying it's not a problem. I'd like all my candidates to at least stay clear of any impropriety or appearance of impropriety -- unfortunately, something neither candidate can do this year. I just think it's an even bigger problem for someone to have engaged in corruption in their official capacity as a public servant than it is for someone to engage in corruption as a private citizen. Trump's bribes would not be problematic without a Bondi or an Abbott willing to do favors in return. We only have a few gatekeepers in the service of the public and we should hold them to very high standards of ethics. For Trump, it means only voting against him for the presidency (which I was going to do anyway; and, of course, if the DA wants to do more, that's up to him), but for Bondi or Abbott I'm more vested in seeing them impeached and imprisoned (yeah, I know that won't happen).

Clinton has her own troubles here. No, I won't provide dandorotik a proven example. Deleting her emails by itself, though, gives the appearance of impropriety. I never much liked her, but might have voted for her in another universe as the alternate to Trump. But, with the appearance of impropriety, I cannot give her a vote. I think the lots-of-smoke-but-no-fire Clinton voters are fools for accepting the paltry plausible deniability she's offered. But, whatever. At least with Johnson or Stein -- credentials and competency aside -- I don't know of any serious allegation of corruption against them.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What I want to know, is what is Clinton supposedly hiding? What corruption has she committed as a public servant? Who is she taking money from for what favors?

Many of her deleted emails have been recovered and reviewed by the FBI and even republican groups. So far, no one has found any corruptions - just a handful that were marked classified that should not have been in her inbox.

So I am just trying to find out here what is this alleged corruption

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

But that's OK- because you are saying you are not voting for her b/c you don't like the impropriety. Perfectly legit. What we're talking about are people who say, "She committed corruption," then can't provide any examples. It'd be like me saying, "I don't like JuanValdez because I don't like his political views" (not true, but just an example) or "I don't like JuanValdez because he hacked into my Facebook page- I can't prove it, but it was hacked into, and he knows I don't like him, so..."

19. dmoneybangbang

Heh. I can assure it doesn't take much thought to oppose Johnson and Stein. They simply aren't qualified, and it's a very big assumption that they'll be better than what Clinton or even Trump offers.

Protest votes are just silly in my mind and doesn't actually do anything. People aren't truly fed up enough yet, still a bunch of talking about how corrupt everything. Not much else besides talking...

20. okierock

Politics are pretty simple in terms of corruption. If you haven't been caught you are still in politics and Hillary is still in politics.

I will say that a very large percentage of the people that asked for and received an audience with SOS Clinton were also contributors to the Clinton foundation. Maybe it is corruption and maybe it isn't but it sure seems that if you want Hillary to listen to you the best way is to pay for her ear.

I wouldn't send her an email though.