1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Formula is a Success

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Oct 5, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Increasing the defict during a giant reccession is a sound economic policy advocated by even world renown conservative economists. Federal spending increase is a very predicable and common occurrence regardless of who is incharge.

Increasing the defict (by A LARGER RATE OF CHANGE mind you) during a economic boom is recipe for disiaster when that boom bursts.

#21 fchowd0311, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Raise taxes all you want. I really dont care. As long as my taxes don't go up and my COG's dont go up either.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not to worry. The 1% can take their money and leave when the disaster hits.

#23 No Worries, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Then you don’t need all your Medicare, try your luck with the free market when you are senior.

Blowing up the deficit with an aging population is deft. Curious how silent you and your ilk are about the deficit when your ilk is in control.

5. dmoneybangbang

Pretty sure a lot of folks have mentioned the huge fiscal stimulus of tax cuts.

6. fchowd0311

Along with a continued trend that began during rmthe previous Presidential administration.

And no, I'm not even attributing the boom to the previous administration.

Our economy goes through a natural boom and bust cylce.

7. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The healthcare market is what it is because of government intervention whether its through blanket coverage to
    pernicious regulations creating cartels in professions based on licensing and such.

Look at the cost of Lasik. It's paid out of pocket by a consumer and so the typical consumer shops around and the price
    has dropped 75% over the last 20 years versus an inflation in nearly every procedure.

The answer to government overreach and regulation that has led to failure in the healthcare market is??? Guess what??
    MORE REGULATION!

That a consumer must be connected to the price of everything and feel some pain to shop for lower costs and be a
    conscious consumer is a necessity by human nature. We want the most for the least and if something if free we want
    the most of it as possible. This is human nature, and these government programs simply fail in understanding
    base human nature and instead have a liberal utopian view of society and the world.

Karl Marx and John Lennon had wonderful ideas but unfortunately they are contrary to the laws of Darwin.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

'

Thanks, Obama!

No Worries likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

My current taxes pay my medicare. But thanks for the feeble attempt.

10. fchowd0311

Lasik doesn't have the pitfall of having inelastic demand.

When there is no practical enforcement mechanism to eliminate quasi cartels, the medical industry can places aan absurd price tag to services such as cancer treatment that have inelastic demand.

Inelastic demand is inherently predatory to the consumer. Not everything works in a unregulated free market and one services and products that have inelastic demand usually don't work out well in a unregulated free market.

11. dmoneybangbang

That’s not how Medicare works, you don’t have Space Ghost Medicare account that your taxes are deposited into. You can pay the same level of taxes on Medicare and get your benefits cut.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Unemployment should be at an all time low, a lot of folks I know have to work 2 jobs to make it. Thank God I don't but this will come back and bite us all in the ass, especially those tax cuts.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Thank Obama, just like Clinton before Bush, and we know how Bush's last term ended.

14. No Worries

I can deduce the following:
    1. You over 65 and collecting Medicare.
    2. You are still working and paying Medicare taxes.
    3. Neither of the above is true and you are dellusional

15. No Worries

And those Trump voters more likely than not have not any real wage growth.

I am still waiting for the 4-5% GDP growth. Let's hold our breath together!

16. dmoneybangbang

Since the last 90s interest rates has been low. Trump doesn't want higher interests going by what he has said.... but that truly may not mean much.

Because Trump got handed a good economy while Obama didn't. Also we aren't even through 4 years of Trump while we have 8 years of Obama. The GOP thought we didn't need to add to the debt under Obama as well..... like we don't need to modernize infrastructure regardless of which party occupies the White House.

I would go as far to say the GOP sabotaged Obama/America. Clearly the deficit isn't that big of a deal to the GOP after 8 years of saying the opposite. We could have used more investment in our country.

I disagree with that take. I think we soon forgot how bad things were in 2007 when we had the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

Obama wanted the government to referee more after 2007. You don't think the GOP economic dogma caused a race to the bottom that shafted workers and caused outsourcing? Seems illegal immigration works better with low wages and less labor regulations, whose ideology is that?

Like the late 90s we are amidst a tech boom. The FANGs have been soaring since Obama.

Whoever won in 2016 was getting handed a tech boom and an oil/gas renaissance. I fully support the corporate tax cuts but we are doing the exact same thing as Bush Jr (lower taxes and increase spending) and hoping for different results.

17. dmoneybangbang

And we have tried your way before in the 19th and early 20th century. Karl Marx and John Lennon were in direct response to your ideology.

People want Medicare and people want insurance to cover pre existing conditions. I agree regulation on top of regulation is bad, I wish we would achieve a better balance. However, health care isn't going away, in fact our aging population is about to become very costly.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think the tax cuts are insignificant in regards to the boom.

They arent that deep so i dont think they arent gonna cause much budget damage either

19. No Worries

The annual deficit doubled. But besides that no BFD.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Link?