1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expects to be arrested next week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I accept your apology, no one's perfect and exactly why the government shouldn't be involved in anyone's bedroom.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you do support abortion up to 9 months.

As far as a mother sacrificing her life so that the embryo might live, I'm not sure how noble of a sacrifice that is. The mother is sentient, may have other people depending on her, and other factors. I don't envy a doctor or pregnant patient having to make a decision about terminating a pregnancy because of health issues that late into the pregnancy. However, I have a greater trust in trained medical doctors on the issue since the issue is a medical one.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

True. Abortions don't take place in bedrooms though. You also forgot to answer my question.
    No more than I support shooting people in the streets. It should always be illegal, until and unless you are doing it to save another life (yours or someone else's) and you can choose to sacrifice yourself for another. No one would say that position is support for shooting people in the streets, it instead recognizes a very limited exception to a total opposition to shooting people in the streets.
    I would say it is pretty noble, but you are free to disagree.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Didn't see a question directed to me, just condescending remarks...

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

like you, almost nobody is in favor of abortion on demand up until 9 months.

I may or may not disagree with the nobility depending on the circumstances. A mother who has other children that depend on her, family that count on her to survive etc. who opts to lose their own life to bring another dependent with zero awareness into that situation isn't really that noble in my opinion. There might be different circumstances where I would consider the sacrifice noble.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No problemo: Do you support killing a baby or denying treatment to a baby that has survived an attempted abortion?

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Personally, no.