1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you trolling me?

You grew up with a guy with a student visa? What? So did you grow up in Canada? If your friend had a student visa and he was a citizen of Canada, that means he was born and raised in Canada and applied for a student visa when he applied to college which also means we can make safe assumptions such as him having a support network back home in Canada such as family. It also means he was born and raised in Canada, so the country he holds a visa for is the foreign country, and Canada is the home he knows. Also it's Canada which has a very similar standard of living to the US.

How in the **** is that anyway related to a 20 year old who was migrated here as a toddler or 5 year old child?

Also, I didn't know you were in such a moral high horse when you were 5 years old... Good for you.

el gnomo and Deckard like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

student visa was for high school and college. Also he had no support back in Canada. HE just found a job and worked for a year in Canada. Its what I would advise dreamers to do. Go work in Mexico for a year while you apply for immigration to the US. But apparently this is totally irrtaional to you.

3. fchowd0311

You are ridiculous.

Do you understand how long it takes for most normal Mexican Nationals to legally migrate here compared to Canadian Nationals?

Stop being unreasonable. Those two are completely different situations.

I severely doubt that you would voluntary deport yourself to Mexico after living here from the ages of 5-20. Get over yourself. No one here thinks you would do it and no one expects you to do it.

Frankly, I'm questioning the truth behind your anecdote.

4. tallanvor

I've lived and worked in Ciduad Del Carmen (only for 6 months). wasn't great but I would do it again to get legal status.

5. fchowd0311

It would be if you weren't able to get back into the US, you now the place you call home.

Ya, I think you are trolling at this point. No way you lack this much self-awareness in real life.

6. tallanvor

it would be what? I don't understand your sentence.

I must be totally trolling to expect illegals to go live and work in another country (something plenty of people do voluntarily) and apply for legal citizenship. I mean live in a place they don't call home?!?!? how crazy!!!!

spare us these childish comments.

7. fchowd0311

Do you understand that an arbitrary label doesn't erase the 90% of their life they called this place home and not knowing anything about their place of origin and having no prospects there or nothing they understand there. Why can't you grasp this concept?

Do you willingly ignore it or are you that much of a dunce?

8. tallanvor

I grasp it just fine. lots of people go live and work in a country they are not familiar with. Lots of people do it voluntarily to go 'see the world'. I've done it.

9. fchowd0311

You were raised from childhood in a country that you called your home for majority of your life and were forceably removed from said home to a country with drastically less standard of living with hardly any reasonable avenue to re-enter the place you called home for the majority of your life?

Please do tell this amazing epic journey of yours. Do tell.

10. tallanvor

never said I was forcibly removed. I said I had gone to work in another country that I was unfamiliar with (Mexico). I would suggest you go out and do it and learn some more of the world.

11. fchowd0311

How in any way shape or form is that relatable to the situation that we are discussing here?

Did you have an avenue that allowed you to go back home? Did you have a job/career lined up in Mexico so that you know you have a reasonable place to live with a salary and weren't in the middle of your senior semester in high school?

Seriously stop trolling. I KNOW you don't lack self awereness.

Let's please have a serious discussion.

12. tallanvor

with DACA removed the illegals would have to go live and work in the country they have citizenship in which you argue is foreign to them. I've done this. lots of people do this. Its not hard.

I did. DACA recipients should start looking for jobs too.

I've had to correct you how many times in this thread?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Except you wanted to work in Mexico, you weren't forced to. If you wanted to leave, it's not the same situation at all. More or less you are implying that these people don't have friends and loved ones here that they might want to see every day as they have for the last decade.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

HERP DERP, yes becuase if there's anything the Trump presidency stands for, it's rule of law and an executive branch that acts with deference and humility. DERP HERP because that's what this is TOTALLY all about HERP DERP

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty clear, they don't have a logical argument, so they go with an emotional appeal. Far too often that's all we see out of some of our friends on the left. Ignore facts and logic cuz feelz

16. fchowd0311

So you want to speak in terms of pragmatism and utility because we all know Bobby is of superior intellegence and we know intellegent people lack empathy.

Well if it's pragmatism that you wish well then forcing these young adults and kids to dash the moment they suspect a 'papers please" official in the vicinity has what value in utility relative to allowing these kids an avenue with incentives to be productive members of society and actually be open and start their process of becoming legal residents and eventually citizens?

More potential tax revenue as these kids have to be pursue an education or trade and have no criminal record.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

All these reasoning to justify....

Punishing children for the actions of their parent.

If we extend that to all crimes, It can be very effective. Sons and daughters of parents that commit crimes should be punished in similar or a subset of what the parent gets for those crimes. I think it would be extremely effective. Completely immoral, inhuman, but effective.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just out of curiosity...Congress has had an opportunity to make it right for "dreamers" for a long damn time...Why did they wait? Displacing the anger on Trump for rescinding Obama's overreach is misguided. Congress should make the appropriate steps to either protect these folks or not. This falls solely on Congressional leaders who have far too often led these folks on and passed the blame game over to the office of the Presidency.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While it's true that their parents did an awful thing to them, they aren't being punished for their parents actions, they are being punished for their actions in deciding to stay in the country illegally. Even though you can blame it on their parents, they are not in this country legally and that's a situation that needs to rectify itself. If you merely choose amnesty for illegal immigrants brought here as children, you incentivize the illegal immigration so you'll end up with more of it. I said before that I wouldn't mind some kind of one time amnesty deal once the border is secured with INS cracking down hard on any illegal immigration after that point....but we still haven't secured the border, so any of that talk has to be tabled till a point in the future when that is done.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just as a side note...many of these dreamer "children" are 25 or older as of this moment. They ARE NOT CHILDREN...