1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It depends. If they are using the land in a manner that is exclusive, continuous, hostile, and open and notorious, then they can acquire ownership through adverse possession.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bobbythe(thoughtful)flake! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's Bobby wondering why everyone thinks he's a sociopath.

el gnomo likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Who said children will be deported? Curious.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, but adverse possession doesn't work against public lands and that's really the better analogy anyway.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

By no means doesn't make it right.Ture they have been living there lives as Amecians so 45 would have that changed for what purpose.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not really him doing anything, just not extending the Obama policy of preventing the enforcement of immigration laws via executive order. Personally I think that we should seal the border then once that is done there can be some kind of amnesty situation discussed where people can pay fines or whatever and go through a process of becoming legal citizens.....and ramp up deportation for those who decide not to.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's face it kiddo, you're pretty much the only person that "thinks" that and the only reason you claim to think it is because your overly emotional rhetoric didn't stand up to my logical scrutiny and you got embarrassed in one too many discussions. It's okay for you to admit it, no one could possibly think any less of you.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Salty chubby dork gonna salty chubby dork. No emotions. Facts.

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  10. prohibido

prohibido Member

Trying to deport the DACA kids is so economically suicidal that in order to support such idiocy you'd have to be a complete economic illiterate or you'd have to be a risible bigot. Most likely there's a bit of overlap on that particular Venn diagram.

Wow. That really is bobbytheGED. Hilarious. That's basically exactly like I pictured him, right down to having the lights off so his mom won't know he's up.

Deckard, krnxsnoopy and el gnomo like this.
  11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Don't forget naming the pic 'bob_thoughtful' lolololololololol. Chubby dork takes pic in mom's basement trying to look thoughtful, and names it as such. AWESOME!

No wonder he's so bitter. Looks like he hasn't had p***y since p***y had him.

[​IMG]

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol... true

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This Dem senator for one, but I've heard tons say similar things.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Deckard likes this.
  15. tallanvor

what argument are you trying to make? that because a DACA beneficiary did something heroic that the policy is legal and moral? those that disapprove of DACA claim it is illegal (it is) and that it encourages illegal immigration (it does). which of these arguments are you countering?

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you using emperical evidence or what you oercirve as sound logic when you make the claim that DACA encourages illegal immigration?

Because if it's the latter I can play that game also with what I percieve as sound logic.

DACA creates INCENTIVES for young adults and children who are undocumented to not scurry like cockroaches when the 'papers please' people come to their neighborhood and actually take strides in perusing a citizenship status without fear of deportation. I think DACA can reduce the amount of undocumented migrants.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Here's to the Ones who Dream.....:(

18. tallanvor

you actually prove it with the statement below. Amnesty always encourages illegal immigration. Even Obama administration admits this.

here are flat numbers though:

https://www.cbp.gov/site-page/southwest-border-unaccompanied-alien-children-statistics-fy-2016

scurry where? back to Mexico, where they are legal?

#98 tallanvor, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I noticed something about conservatives today.

They think in normative 'ought' statements instead of being grounded in pragmatism.

Step in the shoes off a 20 years old undocumented migrant who moved here when he was 5. He has no recollection of the what you call his 'real home'. He knows nobody there. He has no prospects there. All his school life and friends and family are here. Do you think any rational sane person will volunatarly move back to their 'real home' with these circumstances? Humans are already very hesitent and resistant to change. What you are asking for is absurd.

So rationally, yes they will scurry when they hear that ICE officials are in the vicinity which in itself wastes resources. You would do the same in similar circumstances. DACA allows them to be publicly open which then enables them to go through the proper channels to start their process of becoming legal citizens. When they fear deportation which any human given those circumstances would, they won't go through the proper legal channels because it makes them vulnurable.

You need to learn how to step into the shoes of others so you can make rational and pragmatic conclusions.

As of now you are just stating wishful thinking backed by nothing but wishful thinking. You have no emperical data that suggests that DACA increases illegal immigration.

20. tallanvor

Of course, they would. I grew up with a guy who had their student visa run out so they went to Canada for a year (where he was a citizen) while applying for legal immigration into the United States. This was the correct and legal approach. Whats so irrational about this to you?

I wouldn't be in a position where I am scurrying from US law enforcement. Just like my friend above wasn't.