1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump does not condemn Kenosha shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 31, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The figures of speech are not the same. "Unsurvivable" was a prediction...of the weather? Weather predictions are notorious for being...predicitons.

Tired of people saying "You know what I'm trying to mean. I be sucks at English!" You yourself don't know what you're trying to mean.

Which of your Englishly-challenged buddies was excited for the "offensive" with "12000 AR's" who then got one of his klan wasted and pulled the old "Real men don't speak English real exact. I didn't be mean that I wanted Snowgunners to get wasted."

Reeko, AleksandarN and VooDooPope like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

English grammar and syntax are overrated

https://www.thecollegefix.com/rutge...rammar-in-solidarity-with-black-lives-matter/

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trump:

Why are not you meeting with the family of Jacob Blake?

I spoke with the pastor. Wonderful man, the family's pastor. I thought it would be better not to do anything with their lawyers involved. They wanted me to speak but have lawyers involved. I thought that was inappropriate so I didn't do that. But I did speak with the pastor of the family. Fine man, wonderful man. We had a great talk. I may at some point do that but they did have a lawyer that wanted to be on the phone. I said 'No, that's inappropriate' but I gave my best regards. I spoke with the pastor.

You were criticizing Biden for not mentioning far left or Antifa. You didn't mention your supporters were in Portland, firing paint balls, pepper spray. Do you want to take this chance now to condemn what your supporters did?

Well I understand they had large numbers of people that were supporters but that was a peaceful protest. Paint is a defensive mechanism. Paint is not bullets. Your supporters, and they are your supporters indeed, shot a young gentleman & killed him. Not with paint but with a bullet. It's disgraceful. These people, they protested peacefully. They went in very peacefully. I'll tell you what they're protesting. They're protesting, when they turn on TV or read whatever they may be reading & see a city like Chicago where 78 people shot & 13 died or a city like New York where the crime rate has gone through the roof or Portland, where the entire city is ablaze all the time and the mayor says they don't want help from the federal government, when they turn that on and see that, they say this isn't our country. That was a peaceful protest totally.

Are you going to condemn the actions of vigilantes like Kyle Rittenhouse?

We're looking at all of that. That was an interesting situation. You saw the same tape I saw. He was trying to get away from them I guess, he fell and they very violently attacked him. Something we're looking at right now. It's under investigation. He was in very big trouble. He probably would have been killed but it's under investigation.

Do you think private citizens should be taking guns...

I'd like to see law enforcement take care of everything. Everything should be taken care of by law enforcement. Again, we have to give our cops back their dignity, the respect, they're very talented people. They're strong. They're tough. They can do the job but we've taken it away. We don't want to have, when someone makes a mistake, he chokes or in some cases you have bad cops & we have to take care of them. In other cases, they choke. They have a quarter of a second, quarter of a second to make a decision. Sometimes they make the wrong decision. If they make the wrong decision, you know if they make the wrong decision in the other direction, they're probably dead so they choke sometimes. That goes on the evening news for weeks. The thousands and tens of thousands of great things they do, no one covers that. No one writes about that. If they make a mistake, again the bad cops everyone agrees we have to be tough on bad cops, but sometimes you have a cop who is a good police person but they choke. The timing, they have a quarter of a second to make some of these decisions & they make a wrong decision & it's very devastating. I honor law enforcement. We have to stop this horrible left wing ideology permeating our country. It's weakness on behalf of democrat politicians. Republicans, we don't have problems. You look at our cities,our cities are doing very well. They're safe, they're secure. I just spent time in Texas. Greg Abbott was explaining they wouldn't put up with it for a minute. They don't have the kind of problems other people have.

#23 J.R., Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am more than proficient in English. I am glad you are back. I will do some research on this snowgunner situation and get back to you. I am unsure of the reference at this time.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

3 Months ago:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...d-death-calls-for-end-to-needless-destruction

Former Vice President Joe Biden called the protests in response to the death of George Floyd “utterly American,” but condemned the “needless destruction” and violence that broke out across the country on Saturday night.

“Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response,” he said. “But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

“We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us,” he said. “We are a nation enraged, but we cannot allow our rage to consume us.”

2 Months ago:

Joe Biden: (03:39)
    There’s no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches or destroying businesses. Many of them built by the very people of color who for the first time in their lives are beginning to realize their dreams and build wealth for their [/QUOTE]

Biden should condemn and has done so many times.

It's okay that Trump doesn't?

It's Biden's fault! Who is President?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except if they are black then just shot them without a trial.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Y’all underestimate how stupid Trump is. Give him a. Few days to catch up. A lot going on, he needs time for his little brain to catch up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

if its white guy its "we dont have all the facts" if black guy its immediate character assassination. you can set your clocks by it

10. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Good.

Glad he didn't. Yes my opinion differs from those here, and there is no point to justify. You guys are quite the radical bunch here.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

#ProfilesInCourage

CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lmao. World's greatest troll. Take his mouthpiece away and send him to the retirement prison village.

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You just described the majority of the white loonies in here with the exception of being straight.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Ari Melber
    @AriMelber

Donald Trump is undercutting law enforcement by publicly offering a *defense* for the WI shooter. Legally, Trump is arguing for a "justified" homicide, by suggesting ways the act could be some kind of self defense.

Justifiable homicide, or excusable homicide, is a type of defense used in criminal law where in certain circumstances the homicide of another if there is sufficient evidence to prove that it was reasonable to believe that the offending party was under imminent threat of death.

It should be emphasized that excusable and justifiable homicide is not punishable. If the homicide is proven to fall under the two categories, the charges against the defendant should be dismissed, or the accused be completely acquitted and discharged.

technical terms: 1st degree is premeditated, 2nd degree is not. they are both intentional. 3rd degree is manslaughter. 1st degree murder is premeditated, i.e. i stalk someone over a few days and plan their murder.

man·slaugh·ter
    /ˈmanˌslôdər/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    1. the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
      "the defendant was convicted of manslaughter"

That is a razor thin legal difference. As a law watcher (academic separated from the tradgedy) it should be interesting.

It looks like it's up to the defense to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

sufficient evidence to prove that it was reasonable to believe that the offending party was under imminent threat of death.

So, when was he a victim and when did he pose an imminent threat of death? In each of the assaults.

#35 Dubious, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Why would Mr Trump condemn this kid when he's cruising to victory?
    All of this lawlessness is blowing up in you guys' faces and your pathetic party. For months, Americans watched in horror city after city(all Democratic controlled) going up in flames and the party of the Beelzebub just stood by and applauding while the police are being attacked, and ordinary citizens getting mugged, assaulted and killed.

Sleepy Joe finally is making a statement because his handlers are desperate. Their plans all along is to keep uncle Joe safe and sound in his basement eating his oatmeal and taking his little naps. Those plans are evaporating faster than Biden's braincells, poor Joe has to go out and face the real world again. It's like your retired grandpa who cannot make ends meet and ended up as a Walmart greeter. Oh the horror!

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You refuse to accept the facts.

Shoot me N*gga was not chasing him to give him a hug and kiss , his intentions were clear to harm him, Unquestionably. I'd have shot that sum b!tch too. What would you have done ? Taken an ass whooping ? Bent over and given up the booty ?

The other three assailants - again clearly the aggressors in in pursuit of him , physically attacking him and pointing a firearm at him too , what would you have done ? Taken the ass whooping ? Bent over and given up the booty ? Or defended yourself ?

You guys have the collective common sense of a rock.

Look , that dude just gave him a hug , isn't that sweet ?!

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not that trump would care if it was all a lie...

Kenosha business owner declines President Trump photo-op, former owner replaces him
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-new...dent-trump-photo-op-former-owner-replaces-him

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Facts are not facts until they are vetted, everything right now is just speculation which means anyone can speculate whatever they want. I think I've made it clear I am undecided on the self-defense issue in that it will take testimony and cross examination to determine who was justified, the kid or the crowd, and even that the determination for each assault could be different.

I do think the legal precedent "if you poke a bear with a stick it's your fault you got bit, not the bear's" will be a key point.

RayRay10 likes this.