1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's sad is that both Bushes, Clinton, Nixon, and Carter all had lower approval ratings and they didn't encourage supporters to storm the Capitol.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I appreciate your Mea Culpa now but this was obvious years ago. Graham, Cruz and other Republicans were right when they said that Trump was a threat to the Republican party back in 2015. That they changed their tune once he got elected, even though Trump himself, never changed speaks much to the problems within the GOP.

mdrowe00, Newlin and NotInMyHouse like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Wow, this is progress and I’ll take it. There is nothing wrong with admitting that we make mistakes and we should embrace people that have buyer’s remorse. Seriously, thank you.

ROXRAN likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I also find it scary that 33 % of the population appear to approve a criminal who just at least recklessly incited a coup attempt which resulted in people being killed.

mdrowe00, No Worries and arno_ed like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It’s an entire party apparatus plus a wholly subservient cable news network...

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you mean at a single point in their presidencies? I’m fairly certain Trump has the lowest average rating of any president ever when taking entire term in the average.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure, he got 74m votes.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That doesn’t mean sh*t. That’s roughly 25% of the population voting age. Biden got 30% or less.

what I said earlier is correct. If not that trump has had the lowest high of any president ever. Both actually may be true.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty crazy but all these presidencies have different stories after the fact. Certainly Carter’s which was seen as a disaster at the time but history now looks at it as not that bad at all and most liberals look at him as a pretty damn good person in comparison.

I think in the grand scheme of things the polling will tell a story more about the dangerous propaganda issue we had at this point in our nations history but Trump will be remembered as the worst president in our nations history and it won’t even be close. Just wait till it’s exposed how much he was in the pocket of foreign adversaries. That detail will be memorialized in movies, documentaries etc for future generations.

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes the low point of their Presidencies. Trump overall average might be low but for most of his term remained awfully consistent around the low 40%.

Trump has never been over 50% approval rating so he never was a popular president but this just shows the depth of his support and even given how awful things were last week on top of everything else one third of America will continue to support him.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

History is certainly not going to look kindly upon him. Also how much Trump is in the pocket of foreign adversaries isn't really much of a secret.

What makes me uneasy is with all of that, including horrible handling of COVID-19, a third of the country still supports him. To me that's pretty damn troubling.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Because they told the truth and didn't create a cult of personality around lies

Amiga likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hey...can I have some of what you're smoking? Sounds like gooooood sheeeet.

Dubious likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I look at the foreign ties thing more how it's going to be conveyed in future documentaries, etc. Right now it all gets lost in the politics, but as that fades, his relevance fades, and hard facts emerge since we all know much of the evidence has been buried by a friendly DOJ, etc. It's going to make those facts much more relevant to what we see now in this fog of current politics.

Imagine if it was found out that Robert E. Lee had been getting sent shipments of gold from the British prior to the Civil War. It would completely rewrite history in a way that gives Lee a much more traitorous villainy in the history books. I think that's where we are going with Trump. Benedict Arnold won't be able to touch his legacy.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well yeah, most of them did lie a bit, ha. Watergate, Iran Contra, I did not have sex with that woman,
    I got carried away with the comparison to Trump. Regan certainly created a cult, Nixon was once respected.

But it comes from Colorado if you do want some.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't fall for that crap just a little while ago he was calling for civil war and I think created a thread for it.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Considering a third of the country still supports Trump after everything that's happened I will give credit to those who see the light, even if late..

The people that I won't give credit are people like Lindsey Graham who were saying back in 2016 that Trump was a danger and then became his biggest supporters only now to act as though they are making a principled stand.

dobro1229 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Jesus this has to be the worst poster in message board history.

From a massive increase in debt, to a terrible handling of COVID to being impeached twice and an attempted coup.... all in 4 years.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Proud Boys Go MAGA Kristallnacht on DC black churches

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This was him not 3 weeks ago.

Proud Boys Go MAGA Kristallnacht on DC black churches

He was worse in another thread that I cannot find now.