1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump announces friendship with 'the blacks'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HorryForThree, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, I suppose if there's a silver lining to all this, it's...

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Most wealthy people are almost wholly disconnected from reality.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

NOOOOO.. I want her on the GOP ticket for pres and trump for VP

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Snoop Dogg had a great joke at Trump's roast:

So I hear Don Juan is running for president. It wouldn't be the first time he has kicked a black family out of their home.

1 person likes this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Doesn't matter. The Repub base will Palinize them all in the primaries.

6. hairyme

hairyme Member

This.

Trump semi-awkwardly referring to a racial demographic--no big deal.
    Trump embracing the delusion of the birthers (or half of polled republicans apparently...)--blatantly racist.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

How is that blatantly racist? Because its election time and anything negative said about Obama is considered racist?

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Trump will never have any shot because of his views on gun control.

9. hairyme

hairyme Member

Fine, this shouldn't require an explanation, but I'll bite. This whole birther nonsense is built on the notion that only Caucasians can be born in America. Obviously, this sounds irrational, but it's only explanation for the rampant disbelief in Obama's birthplace.

First of all, to even remotely believe that someone who has been nominated by a major political party as a presidential candidate could possibly not be US-born is ludicrous. Why in the world would the Democratic party take a chance on a candidate with falsified records? Or if the Dems didn't know, how could Obama possibly fool the whole world while living such a lie? It would take some serious backing from an international crime family-type to get this far in life (i.e. becoming president) without being US-born. Unless you're wearing a tinfoil hat, only the smallest semblance of logic is required to accept that Obama is US-born.

For those who are crazy enough to disregard reason, inquiries were made regarding candidate Obama's birthplace. Now, on the surface, that doesn't sound so bad, but when was the last time a presidential candidate's birthplace was ever inquired about? Bush? Clinton? McCain? Well, they're Caucasian, and thus, obviously born in the USA apparently! During election time, you could counter a birther by asking about McCain's birthplace, to which they would confidently claim as being in the USA. Of course, they didn't know he was born in Panama, but they assumed due to his whiteness and political position that he was US-born. This even goes beyond party lines--you'd be hard-pressed to find an extreme conservative in the '90s casting doubt on Clinton's birthplace. Obama has the same political position as the aforementioned men, but not the whiteness, and thus, people have cast doubt on his birthplace.

Finally, Obama's reassurances of his American birth alongside endless confirmation from government at various levels have been met with malicious skepticism. Any white candidate would be taken at their word, but since Obama does not resemble a colonial American (and the descendants thereof), his words are met with distrust. Even the government's confirmation is met with disbelief! Whether Obama has supplied hard evidence himself and made it publicly available is irrelevant. Is NASA supposed to go on a door-to-door tour around America with a moon rock display to prove to everyone that we landed on the moon?? The whole notion of "I have to see it to believe it" is borderline religious. These people will never believe Obama was born in the US--you could put the actual birth certificate in their hands and they would claim it's a fake.

The birther argument is absolutely and completely born of xenophobia, and the fact that the Republican party is exploiting (and incidentally embodying it) these beliefs is beyond detestable.

7 people like this.
  10. vlaurelio

do you believe that Obama is really a Kenyan and not a US citizen?

11. Space Ghost

Are you asking me which side do I blindly follow? To answer your question, he is a US citizen, but that isn't the debate. I have no opinion on which he is, and like anyone else, I have to take the word of some official in Hawaii that his birth certificate is indeed real. Personally, I would have put my certificate out for everyone to see to end the debate, but im sure he has a rational reason why he has not done that.
    What remains is that he appears to be a natural born citizen and more importantly, he was fairly elected to his position.

What is ignorant is calling birthers racist. These same ignorant people will find that many birthers do not consider McCain a valid candidate and will also find other presidents eligibility in question. I think there are worse things than being skeptical of a presidents eligibility. The Birther debate ranks up there with the death panel debates. Its just silly to debate about this now regardless.

12. vlaurelio

the guy you're supposedly defending brought it up

13. Space Ghost

Who am I defending? I have given no opinion on Trump.

14. vlaurelio

so you're defending the birther movement

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Trump is an attention w****, the man isn't going to run. All he cares about is his name being out there, he's "winning" just by people talking about him. The only good thing about him is his fine looking daughter.

16. HombreDeHierro

what is he supposed to say? they are the blacks lol

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've never seen a sign at a rally claiming Obama AND McCain to be ineligible for President. The Birther crowd largely doubles as the He's a Muslim crowd and it is heavily racist, the death panel crowd is just stupid.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what's hilarious is when people add an "lol" to their completely unfunny posts

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Excellent post! +1

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you know if Trump, Romney, Pawlenty, Palin, Bachmann or any other Republican candidates have put out there birth certificates? Should it be a requirement of presidential candidates to make their birth certificates public?