1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and the alt-right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 29, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If minorities aren't oppressed as alt-righters say, why are they so afraid of becoming a minority?

I sense projection is to blame here.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If alt-righties are so against political correctness, why don't they just call themselves what they are? White nationalists and white supremacists.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Well it throws out your argument that 'whites aren't going anywhere', for starters. America was built by the white man. White Americans carry that national identity but uncontrolled mass immigration, mostly from Mexico, is threatening to destroy that. We don't know whether these people understand and adhere to core American values and identity. And, either way, quantity should still be controlled.

[​IMG]

****loads. You can see it in the media, the existence of 'white privilege', BLM:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0diJNybk0Mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Dei

Dei Member

National identity. I don't want America to turn into Mexico or Europe into caliphates.

Because the 'alt-right' is bigger than that. Though I'll say that white supremacy is as much part of it as black supremacy is with the left.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Nice to see Hillary's paranoia rubbed off on OP

[​IMG]

6. fchowd0311

Maybe national identity has nothing to do with skin color?

Black supremacy? Do you know what 'supremacy' means?

7. Dei

Dei Member

But it does. Tell that to Japanese and see how far that gets you.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually America was built largely by black men (slaves) - cheap imported labor that resulted in colossal wealth. Immigrants are the backbone of this nation.

Bingo.

That's what all these fools are. Just wrapping a new label so they can escape being labeled bigots and they fight that label under the guise of hating "PC".

It's time to stop pussyfooting around what it is and realize they are being political correct when they should just bring out the swastika openly if they want to be honest.

9. fchowd0311

How far that it will get me? At worst, they will disagree? Seriously what is your problem?

Please.. please don't be the fool who wasted his entire life fighting these trivial matters. Improve your own life. Receive a actual education. Do something in your life where you can be proud to display your individual merit rather than trying to hold on to the lowest hanging fruit of "well at least I'm white".

I garentuee you that if you find success in your personal life, you won't find it necessary to find ways to scare yourself with alt right internet bull**** about your culture becoming extinct.

You sound like Eric Cartman.

#29 fchowd0311, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Let me guess: it's all secretly funded by...

...The Koch Bros.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love it. Considering the tea party was OPENLY funded by the Koch Bros. Man the amount of ignorance on this bbs.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Oh, the Tea Party is involved. This ought to be good. Go on...

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not only did the cheap labor build this country but there have been numerous other things Black people in particular did for this country. Including fight in it's wars, have numerous politicians, and set the standard for civil rights on a global scale. If you think for example that America is the same without people like MLK then you are just ignorant.

I also love the term "White Nations" I mean really, it's very entitled to think that America should be "White" or that it should just always have a certain % of white people no matter what.

Historically it's a poor argument to make that any land is entitled to one group of people. If so then there should be no "White" nations outside of Europe, but we know that's not how history played out.

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

And you know what, its going to doom them in the long run. Japan is going to lose 1/3 of its population in 50 years due to aging. You can't survive without immigration as a developed country anymore.

You can continue to live with your fantasy that America should look a certain way but without minorities (people like me), America doesn't make it in the long run. You really shouldn't be citing Japan as an example of how to run an immigration policy. Aside from the blatant racism there towards non-Japanese, they are really watching their society crumble over time due to aging and stagnation.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dei sounds like a flaming racist with some semblance of intelligence. At his core is whether white culture is a real construct or if American culture will continue to evolve and change as it has always done.

At the very least, it says something that these groups are cropping their ugly heads. Whether it's a turning point before eventual apoptosis or a blowback to our economic situations, we'll see soon enough.

17. fchowd0311

Yes, Dei is a sentient being so I guess in that sense he does have some semblence of intelligence.

Anyways, 100 years ago, Dei's ilk thought Americans culture was going to disappear because the Irish were coming in droves.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what I want to know...like what was American culture before it's immigrants? This country is special in that it takes from cultures all around the world.

Dei seems like he's worried about Mexicans, but isn't Mexican food, music, etc part of American culture?

American culture has always been this huge melting pot of things. For example the Cowboy was Mexican before it was American and we now think of Cowboy's as something so American we named a football team after them.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's already been mentioned in this thread how much this nation was built by people with black skin. It can go even further with contributions to American culture in many different areas including medicine, agriculture, culinary, music, dance, fashion, literature, art, poetry, etc. The things that all cultures are based on comes in no small part from people of African ancestry.

We can add to that the influence from South America and Mexico on American culture. They have added to the literature, fashion, agriculture, art, culinary, architecture, the whole cowboy part of American culture is derived from South America and Mexico.

Yet Dei, is either ignorant of where traditional and contemporary American Culture actually comes from or just chooses to ignore it.

Either way our nation wouldn't have survived without the contributions of other cultures, and our American culture would be non-existent.

What I don't like is someone who doesn't have any real knowledge of American culture acting like they are being put out as it continues to evolve and grow based on ideas that aren't accurate.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So you are a white nationalist and a white supremacist but you're more than that. Mkay.

The false equivalency of white and black supremacy is one of the stupidest things I've read in a long time. I guess the black supremacist Presidential candidate will be emerging some time soon. The cultures and heritages of white people are French and English and German and Italian and Polish and Swedish and Norwegian and Dutch, and on and on. White people have a vast array of very specific cultures and languages all their own. Your attempt to re-brand all of that into "white culture" is freaking absurd. In fact it exemplifies how little you understand about why there is a specific American black culture as opposed to a specific American white culture. Ridiculous.

BTW, "America" isn't a toy car. Many different people, races, cultures, and ethnicities have built America. I don't know how you can dream of taking credit for building this inanimate America when its economy has been built on the backs of slaves and immigrants.

1 person likes this.