1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and supporters sinks to new low "Send her back"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. Anticope

Anticope Member

I agree with some of what you're saying but I don't think controlling the narrative is as easy as you seem to be making it out to be. Trump is a loud, highly visible figure at the top of the Republican party who has a constant spotlight on him, there's no one in the Democratic party who is anywhere close to having this level of power or influence and that's probably both good and bad at the same time. Good in the sense that the Democrats haven't let their party be hijacked by a power-hungry lunatic (yet at least) but bad since it hurts them in winning the overall messaging battle.

The time when we've seen the Democrats clearly winning the messaging battle was during the government shut down mess earlier this year (and that was a lot of Trump's own doing) when Pelosi and company did a great job holding their ground and pushing the messaging of how much both government employees and the short-term economic outlook were being hurt by Trump's nonsense. I think looking at that situation and why it seemed to hurt Trump, while things like spouting obviously racist rhetoric to the entire world has little effect, seems worth examining.

jo mama likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Dems have responded. Now they should just move on to something new.