1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump already saving American jobs - Carrier to keep jobs in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 29, 2016.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...esist-calls-to-release-fannie-mae-freddie-mac

I'll just post this quote from the article I'm linking.

Horrible decision by the government to generate $52.5 billion dollars from their bailout and help keep mortgages lower for many Americans.

Parts of Chicago are in a bad spot. Most of it is not. Chicago is an extremely segregated city and really it's only the areas of Chicago where poor minorities live that it's dangerous. Other than being Senator of Illinois briefly I'm not sure how he's responsible from crime on a municipal level he has no jurisdiction over.

#121 London'sBurning, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That's very swell of them to send money back to the government. They're still responsible for collapsing our economy in which many of us have not fully recovered from. Some of us lost millions in investments, others lost homes, cars, their way of life. We're still waiting for that to come back, should be any day now right?

Meanwhile, Obama is still printing money and playing golf with his buddies at Goldman Sachs in Charleston. I thought about writing him a letter but I don't want to disturb him since he's very busy.

3. London'sBurning

That blame lies more with an unregulated market encouraged by the Reagan administration and Alan Greenspan who was appointed by Reagan. They helped pass legislation that gave banks the freedom to using unethical business practices. But sure blame Obama. Makes total sense.

Edit: Noticed you mentioned Goldman-Sachs. Does it bug you then that Trump is appointing Goldman Sachs employees in his cabinet positions?

#123 London'sBurning, Dec 1, 2016
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

are these tax breaks for every company in Indiana?

5. Tha_Dude

So, all of this is Reagans fault? Thanks for the educational post. I suppose we can then blame social security ponzi scheme on LBJ? Obamacare on Romney? Deregulation under Clinton? Bush for 911?

Man, this has been a truly educational experience. Kudos to you. Good thing I own my own business and never went to college or I may actually be brainwashed to think these kinds of things.

Smoke on man.

#125 Tha_Dude, Dec 1, 2016
  6. London'sBurning

Nah Carter, Clinton and both Bush's are responsible as well in addition to all the Senators from both sides that passed legislation that caused the housing bubble. It's just a typical GOP platform to believe that an unregulated market is the best type of market to have. Except that an unregulated market allows businesses to practice unethically causing these types of bubble bursts. I still fail to see how any of that is Obama's fault like you originally posted. Furthermore you mentioned Goldman Sachs when Trump has made cabinet appointments with Goldman Sachs employees. I'm not going to lump you as a Trump supporter but if so, that's a bit hypocritical don't you think?

7. Tha_Dude

I think its safe to say that the only President in U.S history who cannot be blamed for anything is Obama. Would you agree or no?

Also, I didn't vote in the recent election. I was stoned off my ass and forgot but honestly apathetic too.

8. London'sBurning

Didn't say Obama is incapable of receiving blame. Just not for the housing bubble like you originally posted. That was a 20+ year development from multiple administrations on both sides that didn't catch it.

9. Tha_Dude

So, that means Clinton doesn't get credit for the tech bubble? Or, are we splitting hairs here?

10. nono

nono Member

Thousand jobs is a drop in the bucket. You can't truly fight globalization. I work in construction here in Houston and the biggest Trump supporters are the same ones hiring the most illegal Mexicans and using Chinese products in place of more expensive American made ones. Lol. People are so full of **** here.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Maybe. He hasn't implemented them yet. There are tax breaks that are implemented only when one files for financial difficulty.

12. Dei

Dei Member

I'm sure they would like to hire and buy American made products when they're made competitive again.

13. nono

nono Member

They just can't and never will. Bidding for projects can be very competitive. They will just lose a lot of business to their rivals. Besides, why lose that profit anyways. Pride in your country aint' paying your bills or feeding your stomach.

14. London'sBurning

Dude, you made a misinformed post regarding the housing bubble and assigned blame to Obama while citing his appointees with Goldman Sachs. Nevermind that G.W. Bush assigned a Goldman Sachs to Treasury of State nor that Trump has also assigned Goldman Sachs employees to his cabinet. I don't see your disdain towards those administrations while holding Obama in contempt for doing exactly what past and future GOP administrations have done and are still doing.

As far as assigning blame to Clinton on the tech bubble, I cast blame on him for the housing bubble too. I fail to see your point other than finger pointing. In this case, you're right about Clinton shouldering some blame for the tech bubble. In the case of the housing bubble being Obama's fault, you're flat out wrong. Blame the correct guilty parties is all I'm saying.

#134 London'sBurning, Dec 1, 2016
  15. Tha_Dude

Relax, I was just testing your temperature man. Smoke a J or something and cool off. I hate people who are blindly partisan and you seem like you need to smoke something and clear your head. Your avatar comes off as very angry and dissident. Nobody hates you bro, in fact we all love you man just relax a bit and chill the **** out.

16. Dei

Dei Member

Yes, yes, I know. That's the situation now. What I'm saying is that Americans and American made products should be made able to compete with Chinese and Mexicans.

17. London'sBurning

How am I blindly partisan if I'm assigning blame to both parties? I admit to being more liberal leaning but I fail to see that being relevant in the face of facts and who the guilty parties are. You made a misinformed post. I shared information that states otherwise. Again, as someone who has blamed both party administrations, I fail to see you blame the GOP for their share. Who's partisan again?

That said the blame game while it can go both ways does nothing but finger point. Be consistent with it is all if that's what you choose to post.

18. Tha_Dude

Well, all the dude ever wanted was his rug back, or more so for the government to stay the **** out of my life. I don't appreciate your little soviet Fallout avatar duder man, or whoever that is. What is your message behind that?

19. London'sBurning

20. Tha_Dude