1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump already saving American jobs - Carrier to keep jobs in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who are these two assholes talking in the front row at the memorial ceremony today at Arlington Cemetery? I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figured I would just set this in here.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I know they served our country, but with all due respect. Can we do anything right in America nowadays?

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

Some of the comments from Trump supporters are hilarious. They think Trump will somehow increase import duty for Carrier ( he can’t) and force them back to Indiana or face bankruptcy.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Doing the math from the article: 1100 - 200 = 900.

Maybe he didn't save every single job but this does show in some way that tax reform could help out in these situations.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They're waiting their their own tax break. For example, Whoever seriously believes forgiving taxes from foreign tax havens will magically transform into American jobs probably owns a few shares of stocks those companies.

If they were efficient and competitive enough to make that much money while hiring a legion of shady accountants to sneak their real revenue from the government or their employees, what makes you think that mindset would be focused on reinvestment on top of whatever they're already doing?

Trickle down sociopathy, at its finest.

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

How much did the breaks come out per job saved? 1 mil per job?

7. dmoneybangbang

It’s just sad how people are duped.

8. Invisible Fan

Those tax breaks trickle down into 20 Prada purses and a couple cheap job creating yachts.

The state makes money of those taxes donchano?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey hey hey now. You're forgetting the $3 tip to the bell-hop....in Italy. Oh and what about that expensive dinner - all those waiters and waitresses need that $50 tip to live in their rat-like apartment. You know what's that's called? Yo, that's job creation by the rich!

10. Invisible Fan

WTF did Trump do in his 1st 100 days again?

Can a Real News subscriber fill me in on the list? There's an IQ paywall that makes me sadly unqualified.

As unqualified as those laid off workers who voted for Trump.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I lost my job at Carrier after President Trump promised to save it
    Workers like me continue to get a raw deal.
    By Quinton Franklin Feb 6, 2018, 11:40am ESTSHARE
    [​IMG]
    President-elect Donald Trump speaks after a tour of Carrier in Indianapolis on December 1, 2016.
    Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images
    [​IMG]
    Vox's home for compelling, provocative narrative essays.

One year ago, President Trump stood before me and thousands of other cheering workers at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis and told us that he was there to save our jobs.

I’ll never forget how it felt. All the months I’d spent worrying — how was I going to pay my bills? How was I going to support my 3-year-old son? How was I going to pick up and move on from a job I loved — all that worry was gone.

Standing there was the guy who made it all possible, the president who had just been elected on a promise that he would stand up for us, the men and women who built this country. I’d never felt so proud to be an American.

Now, a year later, I’ve lost my job. As of July 20, 2017, I was laid off, due to Carrier’s parent company United Technologies Corporation deciding to send away my job along with more than 600 of my coworkers (which is more than half the employees) at the Indianapolis plant, plus another 700 workers at our sister plant in Huntington, Indiana, which was completely shut down! And President Trump? He tweeted in November that he was “making progress” with Carrier, but nothing came out of it. It turns out that he did nothing but make a bunch of empty promises.

Today, I feel betrayed and deceived — as if President Trump used my pain, and the pain of working class America, simply to win political points. One thing I don’t think President Trump grasps is that when he promises something, there are real people out there whose lives can be upended if he fails to follow through. We at Carrier depended on him to deliver on those promises.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/2/6/16976176/carrier-president-trump-layoffs

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

These are the people willing to believe in anyone that is going to promise to help them, even if it is empty promise. There will be more and more people as more AI take over in the next generation, good luck president Trump and anyone that follows him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump has made a lot of promises and bragged about lots of job gains he caused... this articles looks at what jobs were promised, what actually happened, what may happen in the future, and what would have happened anyway...

What Happened to All the Jobs Trump Promised?
    https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/trump-job-promises

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

No competition deal awarded to Carrier Corp parent...

Carrier Corp. parent that dealt with Trump to save Indianapolis jobs wins $2.5B contract
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...s-wins-2-5-billion-defense-contrac/370228002/

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

18. NewRoxFan

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Irs a renewal of contract there before Trump

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Because Trump renews all agreements that were there before him.