1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump administration to hit Russia with new sanctions for Skripal poisoning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is hitting Russia with new sanctions punishing President Vladimir Putin's government for using a chemical weapon against an ex-spy in Britain, U.S. officials told NBC News Wednesday.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has signed off on a determination that Russia violated international law by poisoning Sergei Skripal and his daughter in March, the officials said. Although the U.S. joined European countries in publicly blaming Moscow within days of the attack, Trump's administration had never issued the formal determination that triggers automatic sanctions under a decades-old U.S. law on chemical weapons.

Link

Worst Russian puppet ever

2. TheresTheDagger

Trump is a stooge of Russia!!!! All of us on the right support Russia!!!!

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In on the 1st page of a 1/2 page thread!

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^posted by an extremely terrible russian puppet

very subtle! Award you 98% of the 5 stars!

5. Bandwagoner

I was very angry when the Russian puppet Trump killed hundreds of Russian irregulars in Syria.

worst kompromat ever :(

also Trump bringing back the deal Obama scrapped in that thread from 2009 about reneging the missile defense in Poland to appease Russia.

We are supposed to own this guy and he does all these moves against us! :(

When it comes to giving Putin what he wants Obama was a far better president. I'm not afraid to cross party lines to admit it.

#5 Bandwagoner, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heh... I wonder what was in that letter trump had rand paul hand deliver...

"Dear Mr. Putin, People are putting more and more pressure on me to do something. I really don't want to so please ignore these latest sanctions (as I am ignoring them). Yours truly, Donald"

SamFisher likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I thought that Putin strongly and bigly denied responsibility for the skripal poisoning. Trump must have missed that memo.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Finally. How much longer till we actually do something with them meddling with our elections? Those scum bags.

9. dmoneybangbang

So I take it Trump's reset button didn't work......

No Worries likes this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It must be cool to have people patting you on the back just for showing up to work.

11. Bandwagoner

In comparison to the previous administration who never showed up, it's great.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Sanctions are good. They would better if Trump didn't keep allowing exemptions, and rolling back regulations that allow the Russians to benefit.

Like negotiating, Trump sucks at sanctions.