1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I can't believe you guys are falling for this personal attack trap on trump orchestrated by the media and GOP. You people are the establishment's sheep. Wake up! You deserve what's coming for your future. Hopeful I'll be on a beach in Thailand by then.

On a lighter note, give a hand to our Polish brothers who are down with Trump

http://citizengo.org/en/signit/33110/view

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Well I can see why Lospollos el r****ded is falling for it. He's an idiot.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Oh man ...this is just way too easy. I won't even...[​IMG]

Well, I guess you should teach me the ways Trumpeteer, I am ignorant and do not know any better. The whole world of Donald Dump awaits me!

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

you keep proving my point that your an idiot, you haven't brought a single significant point to any discussion on here, just like be an ass clown, I guess. Whatever makes you feel better man, keep doing you.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You can say other people are stupid. Then you can say that you are intelligent, although your grammar utterly betrays you completely.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

:grin:

7. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't tell me what to do! :eek:

it's pretty obvious sponsors influence the news to stop negative press. as such, what or at least when media companies report on particular stories is affected by the cozy relationships they have with big business and governments.

in any case, this response could be much more detailed but that would derail the thread... so, check out this clip from RT about it.

between about 2:20 to 3:58 the host lists a number of instances where stories are withheld and if you have time to watch the whole 12 minutes amber lyon's interview will tell you even more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sT4s4OKZe8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Well, stupid is gonna ....you know...stupid amiright? Don't hold my place in society against me, indoctrinate me with the values of Trump. I'd ask someone else, but it appears you're the only staunch supporter here.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have listened to them multiple times on podcasts. I have never watched RT though. Thanks for the video.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You make a very good point and I'm inclined to agree with you. But first, its crazy how RT has some really good coverage...contrary to what you would think. And some of the reporters...damn :eek:.

I've come to accept that every network has their individual bias that we have learned to look out for, but in the grand scheme of things I would like to believe that they balance each other out. They aren't outright lying, in the legal sense at least. They push the ethical boundaries for sure though.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Okay, I finally got it. You are the poster formerly known as "LHutz," right? Your posts would make some sense with confirmation of your identity.

Edit: Would LHutz really vote for The donald though? :confused:

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You seem envious of Trump and his supporters. Poor you. If you want engage with Trump supporters then go here https://www.reddit.com/r/AskTrumpSupporters/

14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Must watch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DnpO_RTSNmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And yes, I did install the Google Chrome extension.

1 person likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You're dodging. You're looking at what could be a potential Trump supporter. I've given you all the cards, even overlooked your baseless sheep comments, which ironically reek of anger and no substance (a surprise from the trump narrative right?), so convince me on Trump. Why should a man who is completely incapable of handling any sort of criticism from the press, his colleagues, your average joes,... be made president of the most powerful country on this planet? You're championing yourself as someone of substance, but I have yet to actually see anything from you, or Trump. I like Trump, the dude is hilarious and is showing us an epic display of the karma coming to the GOP for a while, I have no hate for him. Hell, he's not even a conservative which is the funniest part, he's been liberal for the majority of his life. I just don't think he has the attributes necessary to be the POTUS. We aren't a dictatorship, the other branches of government are going to hit a lot harder than a debate moderator asking a question Trump doesn't like. They're also not going to be as lenient with a quick backhanded insult directed at them. Thats the thing. You have an audience of (at most) high school educated white supremacists cheering edgy remarks at debates or rallies...why on earth would you think the other branches of government (who have not been subtle about their disdain for him one bit)---be ok with that sort behavior? What about on an international scale?---That sort of behavior is downright embarrassing and gets the other party to walk out the door before any sort of dialogue can even commence. I can't even begin to list the flaws with thinking otherwise...that Donald will somehow win everybody over and "make america great again" when all he has done so far is incite hatred and divide his own party. Mitch McConnell just said that it would be ok for other senators to run negative ads against Trump even after he wins the nomination. You can start with your whole establishment blah blah crap, but Donald is running on a republican platform and can't expect to bite the hand that has been feeding him. The millions of uneducated angry r****ds that the GOP has been breeding for so long. In a way its fitting that he's using their own monsters against them, but the ability to instill confidence in your own party is one of the hallmarks of being a good commander in chief.

Since you've put everyone on climax about how you actually like to talk about substance, please don't stop short here. Anything less will make you a documented hypocrite---something worse than your current perception.

Your shot at redemption, let us hear it :).

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Freedom of press is essentially freedom of speech.

You are ready to give up your freedom of speech? You are ready for the government to interfere with everything from mass media all the way down to individual posters like you on this very forum? To bloggers, twitter and facebook posting?

The press isn't unlimited - they are still subjected to defamation law, from using obscenity and from inciting violence or unlawful activities.

American trust the government even less. One of American's check on the government is the press and freedom of expression. If American trust in a body is important to you, as you seem to indicate with your reference here, you wouldn't want the government to limit the press, or freedom of expression by "setting them straight".

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Watched it. It was amazing!

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Hilarious, yet true. Conservatives will try to say this is all taken out of context, but Donald Trump creates his own context as he goes along. Again, how do you vote for a man who flat out lies on a daily basis? I mean, how long will he keep his whole "unfamiliarity" with the Grand Wizard of the KKK going for? He wants to blame an earpiece for not denouncing David Duke, but we all can see the continuum of their relationship over time. I'm not impressed. At least Ben Carson could mildly cover up his lies about the "Ghettooaa," and chasing his mother with a hammer. Those are pretty basic, meaningless lies.

I'm embarrassed for America, and I'm equally embarrassed for the people who support this mess. Vote for Rubio, Cruz, or heck, why not be reasonable and vote for Kasich, the ONLY republican candidate with a consistently-decent message and a campaign of substance? As a democrat, I actually respect Kasich for his intellectual ideas and being the only candidate on the right to answer questions with specificity. As a person, he's the ONLY guy out of his peers that doesn't resort to childish insults, and sadly, his experience is disregarded or altogether forgotten in preference for fringe candidates who have platforms of polarizing values which lack clear ideas. Either way, ALL of them are more reasonable and humane than the guy who has to remind us that he's rich every damn day.

When it comes down to the wire, I don't think Trump's voters will actually admit to voting for him. I think he will be the candidate on the right, but from what I constantly hear, even from my hardcore republican friends, they will not vote for anyone if Trump is their only choice. I think it's sad that millions of people may not vote for the republican candidate because of the sinister values that he represents. Each party should have a viable candidate. I don't understand the logic in continuing to groom The Donald as the frontrunner when he's successfully divided America AND the conservative base, before he's even been named as the republican candidate.

I hope he begins to lose steam or people finally recognize how dangerous it would be to have him anywhere near the White House.

I want better for all Republicans and Democrats, regardless of my personal beliefs. This is a fight for human values.

2 people like this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What? According to this article, John Stewart's brother, Larry, has the last name of Leibowitz. That is a "varying degree of false"?

20. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Trump 2016. Yes. We. Klan.