1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Dei

Dei Member

He's fixing a broken system, not being anti-libertarian. Taxing companies for moving factories out of the country isn't protectionist, it's smart. He's actually going to slash taxes and cut regulation. The wall will work. Supporting the police and the border guard isn't increasing the police state. Actually fighting a global threat isn't interventionist, it's actually recognizing a credible threat. Sanctioning countries who are absolutely abusing our trade relationship isn't anti-trade, it's common sense.

It's just that you liberals think everything should be free, being raped in the ass by other countries is normal, and that the police is always guilty that you get confused upon witnessing things that properly work.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are wrong about everything here, but just taking the bolded part:

You're saying that trade restrictions aren't trade restrictions. But actually, trade restrictions are trade restrictions. If you don't believe me, Google the definition of trade restrictions and the definition of trade restrictions and compare.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yes you've concisely encapsulated the entirety of liberalism with your keen observation and wit. You've convinced me that Randian fascism as never before seen on the planet must be given sway. Let the Übermensch arise to save the true America.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

5. Cohete Rojo

6. Dei

Dei Member

I never used the term 'trade restrictions' but to get to the gist of what you're talking about, no sanctions are not anti-trade. Trade has rules. You punish cheaters. Sanctions are part of the game.

What you're doing is wordplay on the meaning of 'anti-trade' - that just because sanctions restrict trade, it's 'anti-trade' when what was being referred was Trump's policy.

Pathetic.

Whatever.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Trade sanctions restraint trade, which makes them anti-trade. If Trump is advocating trade sanctions, then to that extent at least he is anti- free trade. Which, if we're talking about libertarians, is what matters.

Not that Hillary is any better. Just saying. Trump IMO isn't very appealing to libertarians.

Really, the only case I could see a libertarian making for voting one over the other is that one of them will be less of a war monger than the other.

Also, fwiw, trade sanctions punish common folk. They don't punish the political leaders who you say are cheating. So even if you think US policy should 'punish' political leaders Trump dislikes then this would be a poor way to go about it.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So Trump is going to a church in Detroit to try and get the black vote...

After seeing what he has done with the Hispanic coalition what makes him think that African Americans will trust him?

Native American saying "White man speaks with forked tongue."

T_Man

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm libertarian and am voting Trump

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Orange man speaks with eagle's nest on head.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's why I threw in an "IMO" because I didn't want to make it sound like I thought I was speaking on behalf of anyone other than myself.

I can't find a reason to vote for Trump that doesn't upset my libertarian leanings. Same for Hillary. Same for Gary Johnson.

12. conquistador#11

republicans have been wanting to build this wall since the start of this century, but neglect to share that our immigrants are the true blue collar workers of this entire economy doing the jobs most wouldn't want to do, not for the minimum at least.

I'm familiar with warehouses, some that assemble boxes and bags that are later used for consumption at toyota center, that strive on illegal immigrants. The worker will have benefits and taxes collected from their paycheck but receive nothing because they're here illegally. Someone is collecting that money. all the worker does is thank god that he has a job, never complains. That's blue collar.

I've never witnessed a lazy immigrant. Maybe carlos gomez in the outfield when he was going through his funk.

All that said, Trump is just talking out his arse to appeal to the masses who want that wall built. It's never going to get built.

13. Cohete Rojo

Especially Detroit. It's done so well under Obama.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

NBC News went through the effort of fact-checking Trump's immigration speech:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/fact-checking-donald-trump-s-immigration-speech-arizona-n641336

15. Cohete Rojo

For science:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c4ZsGFCcf2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is for free trade but it has to be fair trade. In other words, he's full of ****.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

bigtexx is a loyal Trump supporter. lol

I would have expected you to be pissed that Trump's racism was so blatant and not the dog whistle style you and your previous heroes Dubya and Romney prefer.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just LOL.

What was racist that Trump said?

I've not climbed aboard the Trump train, either.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Border security is obviously racist

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

consoling mothers whose children were murdered --> clearly racist